Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
McDonalds

Any Size McCafe Premium Roast Coffee $1.00 (November 13 to December 10)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2017 5:48 pm
Aug 7, 2016
119 posts
98 upvotes
Burlington
MonctonMan wrote: The order 3 times with the app get one free 2017 promo at Tim Hortons means that an extra large coffee will cost you an average of $1.57. If your free time is worth $10 an hour, then every minute you wait for that $1 coffee will cost you 17 cents. So if ou have to wait more than 9 minutes for coffee at your local McDonald's (or spend some extra minutes getting there and back), you are better off at Tim Hortons where there is theoretically no wait if you respect the ETA and chose the right mode of transportation (foot or car). With the order ahead McD app (Edmonton, Hamilton and Quebec City), they only start preparing your order after you "check in" at the restaurant. Although with the McD curb side pickup, at least you don't have to get out of your car.

This equation changes if your local McD offers table service, you have a 15 minute break and anywhere but at work is fine, you enjoy walking, you enjoy driving, you think global warming is a myth, you prefer the slightly darker medium roast coffee at McDonald's but don't like the dark roast at Tims, you are one of the few people in Canada that have a McD closer than Tims or you can't figure out how to download apps.

Also, coffee at work or home will cost you less than $1 plus tax.

If you are having an existential crises over who serves the best medium roast for your dollars, Starbucks has excellent light roast. That's what Scandinavian drink, and they drink way more coffee than Canadians so maybe they known how to drink it. :) Buy a Short (half the size of a Venti) and stick around for the free refill: $1.85. If you buy enough and you get to 125 stars before they expire (6 months), you can exchange them for a $7 sandwich. 125 stars at 2 stars per dollar is 34 $1.85 coffees. $7 sandwich/34 coffees is 20 cents per coffee. So the Venti equivalent Starbucks coffees will have cost you $1.65 each plus some wasted time lining up for the free refills.

How much did it cost you to figure that out?
Aug 7, 2008
30 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
Wiseman wrote: Plus you get a free medium after 7 cups.
Make it 6 as the free cup gives you back a sticker, and the free medium can be the fancy coffee of close to $3.
Sep 8, 2009
32 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
ingledene wrote: Make it 6 as the free cup gives you back a sticker, and the free medium can be the fancy coffee of close to $3.
Damn that's cunning, i never thought of the 7th (free one) giving you back the sticker.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
4329 posts
1344 upvotes
Moncton
Be sure not to exchange your free coffee stickers for $1coffee. Wait until December 11.
Toronto is a very small part of Canada
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
3458 posts
3341 upvotes
Great promotion. I already prefer McDonald's coffee to Tim's. Plus the cups and lids are much nicer.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
4329 posts
1344 upvotes
Moncton
vkizzle wrote: You're still sipping that watered down stuff?
Anybody have the caffeine count for McDonald’s? I don’t think any chain uses robusta coffee anymore as we’d taste it a mile away, but the coffee to water ratio is a way to play with the price. The caffeine count is higher at Starbucks compared to Tim Hortons, so that would indicated less coffee per volume at Tim Hortons (but they give you more volume per $).

This article indicates the coffee at McDonald’s is quite diluted. Not necessarily a bad thing considering our cold winters, but something to consider before returning to McDonald’s after prices return to normal (or attempting to stay awake with McDonald’s coffee).

An Xtra large at McDonald’s is 660ml, the Tim Hortons version is 678ml and a Venti at Starbucks is 591ml (in the real world, the shape of the cup will also impact how much coffee you get, as the cup is rarely filled to the rim).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... nalds.html
Last edited by MonctonMan on Nov 13th, 2017 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
MonctonMan wrote: Be sure not to exchange your free coffee stickers for $1coffee. Wait until December 11.
I always exchange for a McCafe Cappuccino or Latte
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21133 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
Got an XL. It lasted me the whole day. My location had no napkins. These franchisees hiding all the napkins is just ridiculous.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2009
5429 posts
5285 upvotes
GTA
whataicecream wrote: will tea be the same price? I don't drink coffee
First world problems? ;-) Not that long ago, people used to boil water at home. If you don't drink coffee why did you click on this thread? Just kidding, I'm lazy too. I will wait 5 min in line and pay $1 instead of making it at home...
May 8, 2016
294 posts
328 upvotes
carmaster wrote: Got an XL. It lasted me the whole day. My location had no napkins. These franchisees hiding all the napkins is just ridiculous.
You ordered a coffee, what do you need a napkin for? I've seen deadbeats fill their pockets so they can stock up for the house, classy stuff.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
MonctonMan wrote: Anybody have the caffeine count for McDonald’s? I don’t think any chain uses robusta coffee anymore as we’d taste it a mile away, but the coffee to water ratio is a way to play with the price. The caffeine count is higher at Starbucks compared to Tim Hortons, so that would indicated less coffee per volume at Tim Hortons (but they give you more volume per $).

This article indicates the coffee at McDonald’s is quite diluted. Not necessarily a bad thing considering our cold winters, but something to consider before returning to McDonald’s after prices return to normal (or attempting to stay awake with McDonald’s coffee).

An Xtra large at McDonald’s is 660ml, the Tim Hortons version is 678ml and a Venti at Starbucks is 591ml (in the real world, the shape of the cup will also impact how much coffee you get, as the cup is rarely filled to the rim).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... nalds.html
After all said and done, I'm okay paying for less coffee, as long as it taste like coffee :)
Aug 4, 2006
793 posts
377 upvotes
GTA - Gwilly
Katsiki wrote: You ordered a coffee, what do you need a napkin for? I've seen deadbeats fill their pockets so they can stock up for the house, classy stuff.
Could it be to wipe one's mouth? Or one's hand when you remove the lid to get the last drop out of the cup?
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
1617 posts
374 upvotes
Brampton
I tasted Tims latte twice after they switched to one size and it tasted gross. Tim is going downhill.

I switched to McCafe and I'm not looking back.
Koodo 60$ 10gb plan
Public Mobile 36$ 4gb plan
Feb 4, 2011
130 posts
63 upvotes
DuDe1411 wrote: is it $1 at union station?
tk1000 wrote:
Yes, according to @nahcmo
Yup, it was $1.05 taxes in! Got it around 6:30 am when the kiosks were free so I'm not sure how crowded it will get with this promo in place.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
4329 posts
1344 upvotes
Moncton
I just saw a TV commercial for the $1 coffee! McDonald’s is really going all in. It was during the Daily Show right before the Apu hater showed up. Hmm, now there is a Subway commercial. And now a Dairy Queen commercial plugging their burgers.

They also have it on their website, mentioning it is 100% Arabica beans, as if there is any chain that uses robusta. https://www.mcdonalds.com/ca/en-ca/prom ... rewed.html

By the way, it is quite possible McDonald’s won MacLean’s web-poll because it is the most diluted coffee on the market. Just a theory based on caffeine counts.

McDonald’s USA had a similar promotion back in January. Although obviously C$1 is less than US$1.
Feb 4, 2011
130 posts
63 upvotes
Got my XL at 7:12 am today at Union Station. Not too many people at this time yet. Thumbs Up Sign

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)