• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2015 8:46 am
Tags:
Oct 17, 2015
64 posts
4 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

McDonalds B1G1 McCafé beverage with SPC in Ontario

I have the SPC card that I got and on the SPC website it is mentioned that you get one coffee free when you purchase one. But when I go McD, every single time they tell me that the deal is over. So I called SPC and McD and found out about the deal and they say that the deal is valid till Aug 2016.

Why don't these McD employees honor that deal? Although there is no point of arguing for $1.5 but it really gets on me when they don't want to give me my free coffee lol
5 replies
Sep 5, 2009
312 posts
147 upvotes
I was told its only valid on Mccafe drinks like hot chocolate, mocha etc. Doesnt include coffee
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
rookieguy wrote: I have the SPC card that I got and on the SPC website it is mentioned that you get one coffee free when you purchase one. But when I go McD, every single time they tell me that the deal is over. So I called SPC and McD and found out about the deal and they say that the deal is valid till Aug 2016.

Why don't these McD employees honor that deal? Although there is no point of arguing for $1.5 but it really gets on me when they don't want to give me my free coffee lol
Premium Roast Brewed Coffee is not a McCafé® specialty coffee.

from http://www.spccard.ca/partners/mcdonalds-ontario

"Buy any one hot McCafé® specialty coffee and get a second same McCafé® specialty coffee free with your SPC® Card."
Aug 11, 2012
300 posts
564 upvotes
Halifax
rL wrote: I was told its only valid on Mccafe drinks like hot chocolate, mocha etc. Doesnt include coffee
tk1000 wrote: Premium Roast Brewed Coffee is not a McCafé® specialty coffee.

from http://www.spccard.ca/partners/mcdonalds-ontario

"Buy any one hot McCafé® specialty coffee and get a second same McCafé® specialty coffee free with your SPC® Card."
In their Atlantic offer, it doesn't have "specialty". It says: "Buy One Get One FREE hot McCafé® beverage." from: http://www.spccard.ca/partners/mcdonalds-atlantic

I've had mixed experience here in Halifax, where few times I was able to buy a coffee, get another for free. But then one other time, the shift manager told me that coffee is not considered a hot McCafé beverage (?!), and it's only applicable to hot chocolate, latte, mocha, etc.
Apr 20, 2004
221 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
I have tried to use this card for the BOGO drinks at McD's about 5 times so far. Every time the employee tells me that it's only for Big Macs etc., not drinks (even though they have signs in the parking lot for SPC that indicate that it's for drinks too). They usually go to the manager that either verifies it, or I show them the SPC website on my phone. Last time even the manager didn't know, luckily the employee at the next cash was clearly a student that uses the card and told the manager that it is for drinks. I think I'll be looking for the student employees from now on.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)