Food & Drink

McDonald's Burger Makers Using Bare Hands

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 3rd, 2018 2:27 am
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12805 posts
3477 upvotes
MusicBox wrote: Even prisoners wear gloves preparing food in prisons, why should I not expect this at a McDonalds? To whoever says just a hand wash is better than wearing gloves, what have you been smoking? Do surgeons also just wash their hands and work gloveless?
Nobody said that. It was just @fattyburger11 ranting about nothing. The only way to block all human contact is to wear hazmat suits and they still have to wash their hands before wearing them.

You are not performing surgery. You are just shoving junk food down your throat... and with what? Your bare hands. Don't try to give me some BS that you use a knife and fork and wear gloves at Pizza Pizza and McDonald's. And I bet you didn't even wash your hands.
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
6759 posts
1499 upvotes
MusicBox wrote: Even prisoners wear gloves preparing food in prisons, why should I not expect this at a McDonalds? To whoever says just a hand wash is better than wearing gloves, what have you been smoking? Do surgeons also just wash their hands and work gloveless?
You're comparing food prep to a surgical procedure? Lol. Context matters. There is no requirement for sterility in food premises. Can't say the same about the surgery room.

Who cares what prisoners do in prisons? Just because people wear gloves doesn't mean they have to or should.

Any if PP is so worried about sloughed off human skin during food prep, what about human skin on the dishes that are touched to unload the dishwasher. Or food just sitting there. Or dishes. Or....anything. It's all laughable, really.
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
6759 posts
1499 upvotes
joeyjoejoe wrote: Nobody said that. It was just @fattyburger11 ranting about nothing. The only way to block all human contact is to wear hazmat suits and they still have to wash their hands before wearing them.

You are not performing surgery. You are just shoving junk food down your throat... and with what? Your bare hands. Don't try to give me some BS that you use a knife and fork and wear gloves at Pizza Pizza and McDonald's. And I bet you didn't even wash your hands.
Those are the first people to complain. They walk around the mall all day, don't wash their hands and then use their hands to eat lunch. But it's the gloveless food handler that washed their hands that got them sick. :facepalm:
Aug 6, 2018
359 posts
352 upvotes
Fattyburger have you ever considered being a bubble boy? no germs will get at you if you're in a bubble! LOL! This guy is cracking me up.
Banned
Dec 15, 2017
1847 posts
615 upvotes
Toronto
joeyjoejoe wrote: You are not performing surgery. You are just shoving junk food down your throat... and with what? Your bare hands. Don't try to give me some BS that you use a knife and fork and wear gloves at Pizza Pizza and McDonald's. And I bet you didn't even wash your hands.
We don't get sick from our own germs or body fluids.
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
6759 posts
1499 upvotes
MusicBox wrote: We don't get sick from our own germs or body fluids.
You’re not immune to your own E.coli ;) You can experiment on your own for that one.

Also, it’s not just about your own microflora...think about all the things your hands touch. Now think about all the ways in which those items could be contaminated with pathogens.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2011
2541 posts
2315 upvotes
Pickering
Quite the titillating conversation we're having, here.

As everyone in this thread has already said, just eat at home then. More than likely the teens in those back rooms could care less about health and the managers in half those cases don't routinely enforce or encourage wearing gloves. The only time I've seen an order handled with delicate care and finesse is when McDonald's is routinely audited, in which case the Managers will prep the meal themselves, following all protocols to the letter.

From a general perspective it's also hypocritical to be lambasting the unkempt teens about touching your food with their bare hands when almost every facet of the fast food industry in itself is synonymous with being unhealthy.
CTC employee
Sport Chek / Canadian Tire / Party City discount
Telus EPP $75/60GB/BYOD
Bell EPP $40/20GB + $40/50GB/BYOD
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
4731 posts
2788 upvotes
To all these self righteous people advocating for non-glove use, I sincerely hope the next burger or restaurant meal you consume was made by a teenager who just picked his nose and rubbed booger all over your patty.
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
6759 posts
1499 upvotes
ilove wrote: To all these self righteous people advocating for non-glove use, I sincerely hope the next burger or restaurant meal you consume was made by a teenager who just picked his nose and rubbed booger all over your patty.
And if the teen is wearing a glove and picks his nose and smears booger on your burger, what's the difference? Nothing.
Aug 26, 2018
377 posts
745 upvotes
amz155 wrote: And if the teen is wearing a glove and picks his nose and smears booger on your burger, what's the difference? Nothing.
And if he has an open sore on his hands due to a flesh wound? Or his hands have dermatitis due to an allergy? Or worse because of an active fungal or bacterial infection? Perhaps the dermatitis is also constantly weeping fluids as a wet eczema?

Oh but it's not a problem because he washed his hands so he is good to go. He followed protocol and used soap so it's all good.

If that were the case, even if this guy picked his nose, you're ahead if he wore gloves. It means all you get is his booger, versus your preferred method of delivery where you'd get booger along with puss, dead skin flakes, natural sebum oil secretions, plus addition fungal spores and staph or other bacteria on his skin that has been causing his ongoing agony with eczema. Plus, I hear he is a huge sweater during the hot summers which is why nobody body checks him in basketball during gym class. Enjoy your meal.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
fattyburger11 wrote: And if he has an open sore on his hands due to a flesh wound? Or his hands have dermatitis due to an allergy? Or worse because of an active fungal or bacterial infection? Perhaps the dermatitis is also constantly weeping fluids as a wet eczema?

Oh but it's not a problem because he washed his hands so he is good to go. He followed protocol and used soap so it's all good.

If that were the case, even if this guy picked his nose, you're ahead if he wore gloves. It means all you get is his booger, versus your preferred method of delivery where you'd get booger along with puss, dead skin flakes, natural sebum oil secretions, plus addition fungal spores and staph or other bacteria on his skin that has been causing his ongoing agony with eczema. Plus, I hear he is a huge sweater during the hot summers which is why nobody body checks him in basketball during gym class. Enjoy your meal.
Broooooooooo!
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2007
2758 posts
858 upvotes
Whitby
MusicBox wrote: We don't get sick from our own germs or body fluids.
Images
  • Blank+_53d800657d37e50063a516ef8edec0f2.jpg
It's pronounced Throat Wobbler Mangrove
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
8587 posts
5371 upvotes
Look at all the famous chefs on Food Network, do you see any of them with gloves?
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
4731 posts
2788 upvotes
Kiraly wrote: I'd rather have my food prepared by a pair of bare-but-washed hands, than prepared with unwashed gloves.
I'd rather have my food prepared by a pair of clean gloves,than a pair of bare-but-washed hands.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
7941 posts
5483 upvotes
Victoria, BC
ilove wrote: I'd rather have my food prepared by a pair of clean gloves,than a pair of bare-but-washed hands.
Ridiculous. It would be extremely rare for anyone to cook in gloves. Chefs don't, and neither do people at home.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
Chickinvic wrote: Ridiculous. It would be extremely rare for anyone to cook in gloves. Chefs don't, and neither do people at home.

What happened to context? It is a case by case basis. If someone working at a subway making sandwiches I would like them to used a fresh pair of gloves with each customer or at least be isolated to doing just serving duties. If you are in a kitchen most likely the ingredients are already prepared or any nominal germs would hopefully get cooked away as the chef's assembles the ingelredient. Ideally a chef puts on a clean pair of apron, towel and uses clean cooking utensils. They should never be touching anything other than clean cookware. The chef also would barely come into contact with ingredients and transfer them from cookware to plate. Some allowance are given for final touches like garnishes but that can also be just enough to make someone sick if they are unclean.

Bottom line there are valid cases for both glove and bare hand uses.

Preparing precooked ingredients i will always prefer gloves. I don't know how clean a persons finger nails are or how vigilant their scrubbing are after scratching their ass hole.

Which brings up a point of contention for me. People working even in fast food should not be allowed to wear perfume, have fake nails or long nails for that matter. I see some ghetto trash working the drive through with their fake eye lashes and fake nails it's enough to make me chuck the food.
Aug 26, 2018
377 posts
745 upvotes
Kiraly wrote: I'd rather have my food prepared by a pair of bare-but-washed hands, than prepared with unwashed gloves.
Seat belts are useless. Condoms are useless. Gloves are useless.

"Only people who can't drive need seat belts. I never intend to be in an accident."

"Condoms are for people who can't pull out in time. Not me."

"Gloves are for health freaks with OCD. I have excellent immunity to germs."
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
6759 posts
1499 upvotes
fattyburger11 wrote: Seat belts are useless. Condoms are useless. Gloves are useless.

"Only people who can't drive need seat belts. I never intend to be in an accident."

"Condoms are for people who can't pull out in time. Not me."

"Gloves are for health freaks with OCD. I have excellent immunity to germs."
Why do you keep defaulting to straw man arguments?
Aug 26, 2018
377 posts
745 upvotes
amz155 wrote: Why do you keep defaulting to straw man arguments?
I have a feeling you don't understand what strawman arguments are. What you quoted may be hyperbole and sarcastic, but it was not a strawman argument.

And you're quite the hypocrite because you are the one coming up with strawman arguments this entire time with your suggestions that gloves are useless when people end up picking their nose with gloves on, or somehow people never follow hand washing protocols when gloved hence useless. The entire time I've been arguing gloving is superior following strict protocols and best practices compared to gloveless, and never once advocating just gloving while winging it handling cash and food with the same pair of gloves thereby causing cross contamination.

You have not once made any, let alone convincing, argument to counter the idea that glove use is superior when protocols are followed. All you have ever been able to do thus far is defer to your 'training' and your manual, followed by demanding authority on the subject matter by declaring you are a health inspector. Respect must be earned and you have not earned any. No wonder people still get food poisoning at restaurants despite getting passes from health inspection. A bunch of drones with no independent thought nor have any foresight making judgement calls. Because they read off a current revision of a manual prepared by other people who are the ones with scientific background and foresight.

Not to worry though, soon enough humans and health inspectors will be rendered obsolete when most food preparations are done by robots. At least people don't get food poisoning anymore due to poor judgement calls by chefs or the health inspectors.