McDonald's charging for adding leatuce now

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 14th, 2018 9:06 pm
[OP]
Dec 6, 2017
18 posts
6 upvotes

McDonald's charging for adding leatuce now

Went in to buy 2 McDoubles, like-a-Mac. Can't do it at the kiosk (why?) so I have to got to the counter. Ordered it manually because the casheir does not know what "make it like a mac means." So I get it and when I look at the receipt, the bastards charged me 20 cents for some shredded leatuce. Used to be free. I expect they'll start charging for extra anything next. Cheap bastards just gave me another reason to eat somewhere else now.
1520969790335-1535343202.jpg
18 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
3551 posts
209 upvotes
McDonalds has been cutting costs everywhere, but not really telling people. Remember when the Mcdouble was $1.50 and came with double patty double cheese? they got rid of the extra cheese slice. Lettuce Tomatoe mac sauce, filet sauce, mcchicken sauce all used to be free. the ham on the egg mcmuffin used to be fairly thick, and is now just a slice of ham, 2 slices of bacon is now 1 slice cut in half
[OP]
Dec 6, 2017
18 posts
6 upvotes
Well to be fair, they did not charge me extra for the Mac sauce, just the leatuce. Possibly because I ordered it with no mustard, no ketchup so adding the mac sauce wasn't actually an extra here, just a substitution. I wonder what would happen if I did the same order with ketchup, mustard and Mac sauce?

But anyways, you're right about everything except there is a caveat on the McDoubles: You might be right, I don't exactly know for sure but as far as I remember the McDouble always only had just the 1 slice of cheese. In any case, there's still a burger with two patties and two slices of cheese available but its called a Double Cheeseburger.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13439 posts
2229 upvotes
Toronto
Ihateclipingcoupons wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 3:43 pm
Went in to buy 2 McDoubles, like-a-Mac. Can't do it at the kiosk (why?) so I have to got to the counter. Ordered it manually because the casheir does not know what "make it like a mac means." So I get it and when I look at the receipt, the bastards charged me 20 cents for some shredded leatuce. Used to be free. I expect they'll start charging for extra anything next. Cheap bastards just gave me another reason to eat somewhere else now.
You also paid 13% tax instead of 5% simply for going over $4 (in Ontario) thanks to that extra 20 cents, so now it's a lot more than 20 cents extra!!
I recommend going to Burger King. Their Whopper Jr. still does not charge extra for extra lettuce.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
3340 posts
2283 upvotes
Went in to buy 2 McDoubles, like-a-Mac. Can't do it at the kiosk (why?) so I have to got to the counter. Ordered it manually because the casheir does not know what "make it like a mac means." So I get it and when I look at the receipt, the bastards charged me 20 cents for some shredded leatuce. Used to be free. I expect they'll start charging for extra anything next. Cheap bastards just gave me another reason to eat somewhere else now.1520969790335-1535343202.jpg
I always though 'like a mac' was like 75 cents extra around here....

Also, not all the McDonald's charge the same prices for upsells... Although that could have changed again. I have 2 McDonald's near my place... One had free extra lettuce AND tomatoes, the other location always charged for both as far as I can remember.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13439 posts
2229 upvotes
Toronto
superfresh89 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 5:52 pm
I have 2 McDonald's near my place... One had free extra lettuce AND tomatoes, the other location always charged for both as far as I can remember.
2 locations? Lucky you. Dufferin mall no longer has a McDonald's in the food court there. (the one in the Dufferin Mall Walmart is still there)
so some of my friends out that way are down one.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
39364 posts
3583 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
Mar 13th, 2018 4:13 pm
Well to be fair, they did not charge me extra for the Mac sauce, just the leatuce. Possibly because I ordered it with no mustard, no ketchup so adding the mac sauce wasn't actually an extra here, just a substitution. I wonder what would happen if I did the same order with ketchup, mustard and Mac sauce?

But anyways, you're right about everything except there is a caveat on the McDoubles: You might be right, I don't exactly know for sure but as far as I remember the McDouble always only had just the 1 slice of cheese. In any case, there's still a burger with two patties and two slices of cheese available but its called a Double Cheeseburger.
It used to be a double cheese burger for something cheap like $1.39

But in order to keep a similar style of burger they created the "mcdouble" at that same price point... and moved the cheeseburger to a higher price point.

I remember because of the heart break i experienced when i ordered a double cheese burger and charged 40 cents more. It was a bad day... tissues tissues
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
2734 posts
551 upvotes
Oshawa
Went in to buy 2 McDoubles, like-a-Mac. Can't do it at the kiosk (why?) so I have to got to the counter. Ordered it manually because the casheir does not know what "make it like a mac means." So I get it and when I look at the receipt, the bastards charged me 20 cents for some shredded leatuce. Used to be free. I expect they'll start charging for extra anything next. Cheap bastards just gave me another reason to eat somewhere else now.1520969790335-1535343202.jpg
Bring your own cheese and lettuce and put in on at the counter after you get your number called for your order.

Oh yeah ... their new numbering systems SUCKS!

I waited a full 2 minutes for my coffee while it was sitting there ... had to tell everybody that was their waiting that the system sucks! You have way too many people roaming around like headless chickens.

In the past ... it was order a coffee/drink ... cashier turns around (or a helper does) ... gets your drink ... and off you go. Now, you have to give the manager your 2 cents worth before you can even get your drink.

Drive Thru ONLY for me if I go there. And they are way OVERPRICED! Consider moving your fast food cravings to A&W, Wendy's, or Harvey's.
Stress is caused by NOT fishing enough.
JDM ONLY! No North American CRAP!
Megabass, Imakatsu, Jackall, GanCraft, OSP, EverGreen, YGK, Toray, Sunline, Nories, Shimano, Daiwa RULES!
EVA Air Rocks ... Air Canada SUCKS!
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13439 posts
2229 upvotes
Toronto
AV-Fishing wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 9:38 pm
Consider moving your fast food cravings to A&W, Wendy's, or Harvey's.
Burger King is good also.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
2572 posts
762 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 11:25 pm
They have 10 nuggets for $3 now, at least at my location
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1181 posts
152 upvotes
Markham, ON
Are their lettuce even fresh? Everytime I have a burger with lettuce at McDonald's, the lettuce was always not so good.

So I only for there for breakfast where there is no lettuce.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1181 posts
152 upvotes
Markham, ON
playnicee1 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 11:25 pm
I have to disagree.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13439 posts
2229 upvotes
Toronto
Poppwl wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 1:00 am
I have to disagree.
Are you complaining about the price? Go on a Wednesday for Whopper Wednesday. I'm not sure what the current price is, but at least there is no coupon required and they still offer Whopper fries and a drink for one nice low price.
McDonalds etc refuse to have a Big Mac day (or what ever burger type depending on burger place preferred...)
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1181 posts
152 upvotes
Markham, ON
playnicee1 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 1:26 am
Are you complaining about the price? Go on a Wednesday for Whopper Wednesday. I'm not sure what the current price is, but at least there is no coupon required and they still offer Whopper fries and a drink for one nice low price.
McDonalds etc refuse to have a Big Mac day (or what ever burger type depending on burger place preferred...)
The first time I had burger king the burger was burnt. I tasted tar. That was my first impression.

My subsequent visits the burger were no longer burnt but it did not taste good. I no how a good tasting burger taste like. I am talking about taste, texture and presentation. Burger king I have experienced failed in all three of my measuring criteria.

In my humble opinion, McDonald's is much better than burger king. There obviously better places than McDonald's as well but if I have to choose between the two, I would rather go to McDonald's.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
2572 posts
762 upvotes
Poppwl wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 7:24 am
The first time I had burger king the burger was burnt. I tasted tar. That was my first impression.

My subsequent visits the burger were no longer burnt but it did not taste good. I no how a good tasting burger taste like. I am talking about taste, texture and presentation. Burger king I have experienced failed in all three of my measuring criteria.

In my humble opinion, McDonald's is much better than burger king. There obviously better places than McDonald's as well but if I have to choose between the two, I would rather go to McDonald's.
Burger King chicken and fish sandwiches are better than mcdonalds. They also never put enough lettuce on the original chicken sandwich, it's like a table spoon full spread across the sub

I like mcdonalds nuggets and beef burgers. The whopper bread to meat ratio is meh to me. All I taste is bread and a bit of beef. Something like the McDouble tastes better in my opinion. When it's fresh it melts in your mouth
playnicee1 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 1:26 am
Do you know if burger king bought mcdonalds 'mcdeal meal' thing?
After mcdonalds stopped it, burger king introduced it to their restaurant called the daily king deal or something.
I think on Sunday or Saturday you could get double jr whoppers for $3 or something.
I think mcdonalds Big Mac day was Tuesday