• Mar 14th, 2018 9:06 pm
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13183 posts
2124 upvotes
Toronto
toronto19850 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 7:44 am
Do you know if burger king bought mcdonalds 'mcdeal meal' thing?
After mcdonalds stopped it, burger king introduced it to their restaurant called the daily king deal or something.
I think on Sunday or Saturday you could get double jr whoppers for $3 or something.
I think mcdonalds Big Mac day was Tuesday
I think it was Wendy's that convinced both of them to stop doing deals of the day. They used to have TV ads that kept saying "Why let a fast food place tell you what you will eat?"
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
2521 posts
754 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 8:55 am
I think it was Wendy's that convinced both of them to stop doing deals of the day. They used to have TV ads that kept saying "Why let a fast food place tell you what you will eat?"
I doubt Wendys making a comment about way better priced food, changed a lot of peoples opinions.
Ironically my family switched to eating at Wendys AFTER they stopped doing the daily deals. (my family was a fast food family)

We went to mcdonalds for mcdeals, when that was over we went to Burger King's daily king deals. Then when. Burger King stopped we went to Wendys.

Burger kings onion rings had some tangy spicy mustard sauce, tasted really good on the burgers
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13183 posts
2124 upvotes
Toronto
toronto19850 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 9:06 am
I doubt Wendys making a comment about way better priced food, changed a lot of peoples opinions.
They didn't make a comment about way better priced food. They made a comment about the same price every day for a burger they were pushing at the time, with no need to wait for a specific day.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1111 posts
147 upvotes
Markham, ON
Did you guys see the line up for old man's burger the other day? The demand is quite high.