• Sep 25th, 2013 8:45 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9003 upvotes
Toronto
LPMA wrote: Tim's seems to be only doing it for coffees and lemonades this year. Someone asked about Dollar Drink Days on Twitter and they answered "shortly".
Adding strength to what you've said:

"Starting now, enjoy a refreshing Iced Coffee, icy cold Frozen Raspberry Lemonade, oh so delicious Iced Latte or thirst quenching Frozen Lemonade, each for only $1 small plus applicable taxes. Summer's short, so get out and enjoy!*

*At participating restaurants for a limited time."

Tim horton's: http://www.timhortons.com/ca/en/menu/me ... 2013#10281

Respectfully, unlike McDonald's, there's no free refills.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
19893 posts
4112 upvotes
9347934 downvotes
I was thinking the same thing the other day. I stopped in to get my dog a McDouble and it would have been nice if I could have gotten a Coke Zero for a buck.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9003 upvotes
Toronto
i6s1 wrote: I was thinking the same thing the other day. I stopped in to get my dog a McDouble and it would have been nice if I could have gotten a Coke Zero for a buck.
But for now, the small size pop is $1.39 + tax and it is at least refillable.
Jan 11, 2009
21 posts
3 upvotes
Is it refillable everywhere or is it a YRMV kinda thing?
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
19893 posts
4112 upvotes
9347934 downvotes
playnicee1 wrote: But for now, the small size pop is $1.39 + tax and it is at least refillable.
Maybe if I was eating there, but I was just getting a treat for the dog at the drivethrough.
LPMA wrote: Is it refillable everywhere or is it a YRMV kinda thing?
Everywhere that I know of. I know the one in Abbotsford didn't give out refils, but at some point they changed the pop to self-serve. So every one that I've been to does.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2006
5882 posts
998 upvotes
Toronto
People feed their dogs McDonalds? Let the jokes begin.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2008
1387 posts
58 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: That's a load of crap! Just rotate the beverage choice! Don't restrict yourself to the pop and you will be okay. Try some iced tea or some Fanta beverage and you'll be just fine...unless you are already diabetic. That's a whole different story!
Uhhh there's a ton of sugar in iced tea, and I assume fanta (never had it). The drinks with no sugar are the diet stuff, but that's a whole different level of health concerns.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
Lol at iced tea not having sugar.
Anything that comes out of a fountain is LOADED with sugar.
Doesn't matter if it's soda, iced tea, juices or sport drink.
The only exception is water and even then there's more than tap if syrup splashes the side of the dispenser.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 14, 2007
5038 posts
1459 upvotes
Regina
playnicee1 wrote: Is Mcdonald's going to offer $1 for a smoothie? I know Tim Hortons already does...all summer long!
yep, it is $1.39, butt there is a catch, eat the $1.39 mcdouble and 1/2 hour later their will be a mcsmoothie in the toilet
Deal Guru
Jul 5, 2001
10109 posts
12727 upvotes
Toronto
Ice Coffee with half the sugar and half the cream FTW.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9003 upvotes
Toronto
Swarez99 wrote: Uhhh there's a ton of sugar in iced tea, and I assume fanta (never had it). The drinks with no sugar are the diet stuff, but that's a whole different level of health concerns.
I never said there wasn't sugar in iced tea, but it's still better than the coke by a bit. Fanta has 5% real juice, which, you would think, would help reduce the need to use sugar.
Trust me, if there's a cheaper way to make the beverages taste good without using sugar, they (Coke) will gladly do it!
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2008
1387 posts
58 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: I never said there wasn't sugar in iced tea, but it's still better than the coke by a bit. Fanta has 5% real juice, which, you would think, would help reduce the need to use sugar.
Trust me, if there's a cheaper way to make the beverages taste good without using sugar, they (Coke) will gladly do it!
Its only a gram or two difference in nestea and coke here.

FYI to all McDonald's sweet tea in the states has almost double the sugar that coke does.

According to this fanta has more sugar than other pop
http://www.livestrong.com/article/26058 ... oft-drinks
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2009
7083 posts
5213 upvotes
hordosr wrote: yep, it is $1.39, butt there is a catch, eat the $1.39 mcdouble and 1/2 hour later their will be a mcsmoothie in the toilet
If your body can't stand one Hamburger from McDonald's .... I think your immune system may be weak. Today's generation has pretty weak immune systems and many don't exercise enough.

If people did have healthier lifestyles that involved a heck of a lot more physical exercise, I highly doubt that they would get sick from a measly hamburger.
playnicee1 wrote: Trust me, if there's a cheaper way to make the beverages taste good without using sugar, they (Coke) will gladly do it!
Don't they already use artificial sugar to cut on cuts? The real sugar Colas taste better to me than what they usually offer for sale in Canada. So, I think the choice was likely based off of costs.
Deal Addict
May 10, 2001
1440 posts
327 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: I never said there wasn't sugar in iced tea, but it's still better than the coke by a bit. Fanta has 5% real juice, which, you would think, would help reduce the need to use sugar.
FYI - The "5% real juice" is just another way to sweeten the drink. It's not health sugar just because it comes from fruit juice.
Let them know that it is I, Aziz Hamid!
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9003 upvotes
Toronto
renoldman wrote: Don't they already use artificial sugar to cut on cuts? The real sugar Colas taste better to me than what they usually offer for sale in Canada. So, I think the choice was likely based off of costs.
Interesting observation. Pure HFC is only used in the States. Here in Canada I may as well say it' a mix of Sugar and HFC.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
Swarez99 wrote: FYI to all McDonald's sweet tea in the states has almost double the sugar that coke does.
I don't know how anyone can drink their sweet tea straight. It's so freakin' sweet it's unbelievable.
When I order it I always get 1/2 sweet/unsweet. That usually produces the perfect cup.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9003 upvotes
Toronto
iamaaronlol wrote: So is Dollar Drink Days going to happen or what?
Yes! A very reliable source has informed me that Dollar drinks will be available at McDonalds as of April 30, 2013.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9003 upvotes
Toronto
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote: When is this offer good until?
McDonald's is taking the "All summer" thing literally this year. Instead of ending at the end of August, (Or even Labour day)
the dollar drink days come to an end on Sunday Sept. 22, 2013, which happens to be the first day of Fall.
(give or take, one location tells me they will go until Sept. 26 with this deal.)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)