McDonalds ends free coffee refills?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 22nd, 2017 1:23 am
Deal Fanatic
Sep 5, 2002
6630 posts
944 upvotes
Thats just terrible news. :(

I like to go in the morning, and order one small. I drink it and go back for 3 more free refills and fill my thermos for the morning. Then at lunch I come back and use the same cup to get another 2 refills.

Then on the way home I return again for 2 more refills (with my cup from the morning) but I don't drink them I pour right to my thermos.

Each time I go I ask for creams and sugars on the side (so I can use at home).

Without the free refills Im going to have to take my business elsewhere!!!!
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2003
14165 posts
809 upvotes
Markham
UrbanPoet wrote:
Dec 13th, 2014 10:37 pm
Eventually they'll grow tired of the old people who nurse their coffee with free refills while reading entire sunday edition newspapers end to end...
Or the ones who break out the cards and chess boards. True story.
true story indeed... happened all the time at the MCD inside Market Village until they banned board games
ShadowVlican
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
27000 posts
4235 upvotes
My goto McD's explicitly states on the receipt they give you that you get one free coffee refill when you show them the receipt within one hour of purchase.

It depends on the franchise.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12862 posts
1441 upvotes
Pickering
Good. No more old men drinking the last drop in line in front of all of us with an accentuated "aaah" and then banging the cup down on the counter and asking for a free refill. Note I did not say they actually lined up either. They can get back in their AMG C-63 with the handicapped window sticker and go and leave seats for the other people.
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2005
3089 posts
101 upvotes
Mississauga
Could just be for promotions to get people to try their coffee and offer perks like free refills and occasional free coffee.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2012
1694 posts
232 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Dam! I didn't even know they offered free refills :P

JohnB wrote:
Dec 14th, 2014 11:40 am
Thats just terrible news. :(

I like to go in the morning, and order one small. I drink it and go back for 3 more free refills and fill my thermos for the morning. Then at lunch I come back and use the same cup to get another 2 refills.

Then on the way home I return again for 2 more refills (with my cup from the morning) but I don't drink them I pour right to my thermos.

Each time I go I ask for creams and sugars on the side (so I can use at home).

Without the free refills Im going to have to take my business elsewhere!!!!
I sincerely hope your are being sarcastic.
Jun 3, 2006
615 posts
25 upvotes
Markham
+1

They do this at a few locations in the Markham area.
playnicee1 wrote:
Dec 14th, 2014 2:49 am
At at least ONE location I know of, they mark the cup so it's good for ONE refill only. Once the cup is marked with the black marker it has already been refilled once and is now garbage when empty.

I honestly do not know if that location still does any coffee refill. I have not been back there in a while.

By doing only ONE free refill it discourages people from trying to come back again and again.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2007
3661 posts
469 upvotes
Regina
eager beaver wrote:
Dec 14th, 2014 8:24 am
I know a guy who goes into McD with the same cup every time and gets a free "refill".
i have seen, on more than one occasion, persons of certain demographic, go into the garbage or on a table, rinse out container and either get a free refill of coffee or pop
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
25773 posts
1405 upvotes
Winnipeg
AudiDude wrote:
Dec 14th, 2014 1:01 pm
Good. No more old men drinking the last drop in line in front of all of us with an accentuated "aaah" and then banging the cup down on the counter and asking for a free refill. Note I did not say they actually lined up either. They can get back in their AMG C-63 with the handicapped window sticker and go and leave seats for the other people.
wow that's messed up
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
18634 posts
1246 upvotes
lol....yeah I see this more with soft drinks with the self-serve....

People saunter into the McD's with a visibly used cup......refill their pop and go off their merry way....lol....

Well, jokes on them!! That free pop came with a free side of diabetes babbbbyyyyyyy!!! Free diabetessssssss!!!!
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
10069 posts
1259 upvotes
Toronto
ji2o0k wrote:
Dec 15th, 2014 9:31 am

People saunter into the McD's with a visibly used cup......refill their pop and go off their merry way....lol....

Well, jokes on them!! That free pop came with a free side of diabetes babbbbyyyyyyy!!! Free diabetessssssss!!!!
Awww...why always that? Can't it be something else? Like a surprise weight gain or some other odd thing? :twisted:
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
25773 posts
1405 upvotes
Winnipeg
ji2o0k wrote:
Dec 15th, 2014 9:31 am

doesn't seem to be an issue because mcdee and burger king all have unlimited self serve refills
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
3742 posts
134 upvotes
McDonalds discontinuing free coffee refills starting March 20th
Images
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel