• Nov 9th, 2017 4:44 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9779 posts
2050 upvotes
Toronto
Coffee is cheap but indeed it's a business they are trying to run and well people can be shameless and abusive.
Also off course, get the masses hooked and then pull the rug out from under them.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2660 posts
1269 upvotes
It's the same reason Costco stop leaving all the side item out for hotdogs.
Dec 12, 2010
194 posts
152 upvotes
Toronto
Got a refill yesterday at my local McDonalds in Brantford
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39343 posts
6342 upvotes
Winnipeg
vkizzle wrote: Likely due to abuse.
No so much the cost of the coffee, but someone has to brew a new batch and refill the station and that takes away their time to perform other functions.
I've seen HS kids come in swarms and fill up their water bottles with soda and I'm suprised that hasn't been pulled out and put behind the counter already!
soda are dirt cheap, not worth the hassle of increased labor to deal with it.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39343 posts
6342 upvotes
Winnipeg
xpressmerchant wrote: It's the same reason Costco stop leaving all the side item out for hotdogs.
i noticed it was gone, where did they hide them? am i suppose to ask when i get my order? cause last time i ate it with only katsup.
Banned
Sep 16, 2006
1010 posts
236 upvotes
Barrie, ON
blindemboss wrote: Perhaps a bit late to this, but I stopped by a nearby McDonald's and they told me that they stop giving coffee refills.

They said this started in November, and it applies only to some franchises. I would've thought that McDonald's Canada would control this policy across all chains.

That's too bad. I've never over stepped this perk, but always enjoyed the cup refill before I leave the premises.
There is a McDonald's near Greektown at Pape and Cosburn and it is full of old people who sit there, buy a coffee, and get 10 refills over the course of 10 hours, taking up table space and losing money for that location. These people are make up 50% of the people in that mcDonald's at any given time. It's ridiculous.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38395 posts
12019 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
divx wrote: i noticed it was gone, where did they hide them? am i suppose to ask when i get my order? cause last time i ate it with only katsup.
Not sure about Winnipeg. At the centre of the universe, you have to request it when you get your hot dog. They have them portioned out in small containers.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
divx wrote: soda are dirt cheap, not worth the hassle of increased labor to deal with it.
Again, not so much the price but time required by an employee to change out the syrup etc...
Many fast food joints have already pulled out the self serve fountains.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
6228 posts
1592 upvotes
Toronto
Mistersprinkles wrote: There is a McDonald's near Greektown at Pape and Cosburn and it is full of old people who sit there, buy a coffee, and get 10 refills over the course of 10 hours, taking up table space and losing money for that location. These people are make up 50% of the people in that mcDonald's at any given time. It's ridiculous.

That's everywhere on weekdays mornings. Lol
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2660 posts
1269 upvotes
divx wrote: i noticed it was gone, where did they hide them? am i suppose to ask when i get my order? cause last time i ate it with only katsup.
Yes they hide them in their fridge lol. Just ask and they will give them to you.
Jun 18, 2017
218 posts
77 upvotes
Vancouver
Probably unrelated to the >2014< original post, but I've seen signs going up in Vancouver locations since last year saying "due to safety concerns we are no longer offering free refills on hot drinks". Mind you I only go to the sketchiest places (Hastings street and Commercial Dr) where I've seen people dig them out of the garbage cans to go get their free refill.
That's my name...
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
4329 posts
1344 upvotes
Moncton
For the record, I have never seen anything from McDonald’s indicating free refills.
However, some people apparently expect it:
Toronto is a very small part of Canada
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39343 posts
6342 upvotes
Winnipeg
MonctonMan wrote: For the record, I have never seen anything from McDonald’s indicating free refills.
However, some people apparently expect it:
some customer feel entitled, the truth is, the customer is not always right and some people are better off banned from the store
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
tk1000 wrote: Noticed the Port Union location in Scarborough, ON still having free coffee refills.
This location is ending refills Nov 13th. :(