Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
McDonalds

FREE!! McDonalds chicken nuggets/Big Mac (Ontario ONLY)

Deal Fanatic
Sep 4, 2009
6575 posts
726 upvotes
Several MCD over the weekend reenabled the customization for big macs on the kiosk. I didnt try because i suspect it's a trap and they'll just say i'll have to pay for the bacon and patties. Free is free but i rather not piss them off.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2011
1446 posts
1665 upvotes
Toronto
I have several accounts still live. Was able to use 4 coupons today to help my office out with a couple of nuggets.

Still can't customize the big Mac to any extreme extent, but was able to add in a tomato, and 1 serving of bacon. It was honored :)

I feel scum for having so many accounts, but I'm sharing them with friends and family. Near the end of the promo, I'll give a couple of dozen to homeless people around the area. I just need to find a manager nice enough to let me use the promo a couple of times. Otherwise, I'll have to go through 5 drive throughs and 5 walk-ins See-no-evil Monkey. Wouldn't hurt to make someone's Christmas a little merrier with free food :).

And to those judging me for having leftover accounts... I'm sorry. Not sure what the sourness is about... McD has a budget set aside for this promo, and they can end it at any time. I'm also fully respectful of any manager's refusal to honor the code. And I didn't have--and don't intent to have--Big Mac parties.

If you'd really like to address my "greed", please phrase it in a viable ethical argument and I'll consider your statements. I'm not hogging all these to myself, I didn't do something that everyone else didn't have access to, and I'm giving back.
And no, I did not result in McDonald's not offering this kind of promotion again. Given inherent human nature, this offer was DOA. I'm sure there were limits set, and they weren't triggered (since this offer is still live). If this promotion is to be made live again, they would likely max out at budget again (like the Starbucks $20 for $15 promo).

Whoever still has codes: enjoy your meals, but also consider the less fortunate. Share the wealth!

P.s. Not sure if this was always the case, but the pre-tax value of a 6pc, and a Big Mac near my office in Mississauga was $6.xx... Last I recall, the classics were in the low $5.xx. Not sure when this price jump happened, but wow, half a dozen nuggets are becoming insanely pricey.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
9101 posts
4567 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
bluegang6 wrote: P.s. Not sure if this was always the case, but the pre-tax value of a 6pc, and a Big Mac near my office in Mississauga was $6.xx... Last I recall, the classics were in the low $5.xx. Not sure when this price jump happened, but wow, half a dozen nuggets are becoming insanely pricey.
Only in Canada, actually. $5-6 gets you 20 nuggets south of the border.

That's why I never really go to McDonalds anymore, I can get much better food for cheaper in my area. Only if there are coupons, free coffee or the occasional Sausage McMuffin or splitting Apple Pies with coworkers, which isn't that often.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
2028 posts
2009 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
But if I don't want to customize my big mac at all I should have no problems right?
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2007
1032 posts
1396 upvotes
bluegang6 wrote:
And to those judging me for having leftover accounts... I'm sorry. Not sure what the sourness is about... McD has a budget set aside for this promo, and they can end it at any time. I'm also fully respectful of any manager's refusal to honor the code. And I didn't have--and don't intent to have--Big Mac parties.

If you'd really like to address my "greed", please phrase it in a viable ethical argument and I'll consider your statements. I'm not hogging all these to myself, I didn't do something that everyone else didn't have access to, and I'm giving back.
And no, I did not result in McDonald's not offering this kind of promotion again. Given inherent human nature, this offer was DOA. I'm sure there were limits set, and they weren't triggered (since this offer is still live). If this promotion is to be made live again, they would likely max out at budget again (like the Starbucks $20 for $15 promo).
the promotion budget mentioned above is paid for by the franchisee. not corporate. corporate doesn't give a crap about the franchisee promotion costs. the idea above of maxing out a budget doesn't apply because the people making the decision about running the promo on the app (corporate) aren't the people who shoulder the budget set aside (franchisee).

making a comparison to Starbucks is a little like comparing apples and oranges; McD is mostly franchises - Starbucks has no franchises (there are a few exceptions where there are holding companies or management groups who are entrusted with a starbucks - but thats not a franchise). These are different animals when it comes to promos. McD corporate will NEVER end a promo like this because they really don't care about the costs to the franchisee. most franchisees have to have HUGE budgets and operating expenses set aside (compared to other franchise types like taco bell / kfc/ burger king) and corporate basically suggests sucking it up or paying your employees less or some other measure that is nonsensical.

as a franchisee its a difficult decision to stop honoring a promo like this by yourself. You risk offending someone who is a regular customer of your store - and worse: driving them to another franchisee's store that is still honoring it. A franchisee has almost no influence over corporate decision making on ending a promo at the corporate level.

"Near the end of the promo, I'll give a couple of dozen to homeless people around the area. I just need to find a manager nice enough to let me use the promo a couple of times."

um. given what I just said about the franchisee shouldering the cost. The altruism suggested in the above statement is interesting. The idea of taking promos from a franchisee and redistributing it to the homeless is interesting. its a 'Robin Hood' ideal of taking from the rich to give to the poor. Well if that is going to happen then I wonder why wait until the end of the promo to do it? Do it NOW while the promo is still valid and before individual franchisees may get fed up and start pushing back against it? maybe even approach managers or an owner now with the idea and they might get on board with you. Heck they might even throw in a bunch MORE to help the homeless because they might be moved by the altruistic idea!!
Jun 23, 2016
411 posts
759 upvotes
Sudbury, ON
Corleone187 wrote: That's what I witnessed too about a week ago, some HS kids were having kinda like a Big Mac party and the Manager was guarding the kiosk!

The offer still shows up on my 2nd phone but 1 burger a week maybe all a man can handle! Especially with all the other food deals in other apps where the food is better
Care to share some of your favourites?? Apps/ food hacks, that is. Unless you just meant that McD's is so bad that pretty much any standard coupon is preferable. Winking Face
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
7441 posts
4191 upvotes
Moncton, NB
My wife just got the offer and we are in New Brunswick. I didn't get the offer :(
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2012
1175 posts
446 upvotes
Ottawa
Is the coupon supposed to disappear after use?
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15620 posts
13284 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Yes.
WellHung wrote: Is the coupon supposed to disappear after use?

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Feb 4, 2012
246 posts
60 upvotes
Keswick, ON
theflyingsquirrel wrote: I think they stopped sending out the free nuggets now. Got no coupon anymore. Can anyone else confirm? That was my dinner for the whole week...
I concur, the coupon no longer shows up even after I clear the data, restarted my phone
Last edited by tenderloin on Dec 13th, 2016 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
9135 posts
2092 upvotes
noxlen wrote: Care to share some of your favourites?? Apps/ food hacks, that is. Unless you just meant that McD's is so bad that pretty much any standard coupon is preferable. Winking Face
The best is 7-11 like the other user posted. They usually have stuff for free. I think right now actually its a new free food a day when u show the app
mcdonalds-free-mcdonalds-chicken-nugget ... #p27188597

The hidden gem is actually the wings - it's 6 for $2 when u show the app and the spicy wings are way better than kfc or popeyes

The coffee is not bad and is 50 cents when u show the app between 2-5

the nachos are $2 with the app which is pretty good value too
Last edited by Corleone187 on Dec 13th, 2016 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2011
1446 posts
1665 upvotes
Toronto
silenthunder wrote: the promotion budget mentioned above is paid for by the franchisee. not corporate. corporate doesn't give a crap about the franchisee promotion costs. the idea above of maxing out a budget doesn't apply because the people making the decision about running the promo on the app (corporate) aren't the people who shoulder the budget set aside (franchisee).

making a comparison to Starbucks is a little like comparing apples and oranges; McD is mostly franchises - Starbucks has no franchises (there are a few exceptions where there are holding companies or management groups who are entrusted with a starbucks - but thats not a franchise). These are different animals when it comes to promos. McD corporate will NEVER end a promo like this because they really don't care about the costs to the franchisee. most franchisees have to have HUGE budgets and operating expenses set aside (compared to other franchise types like taco bell / kfc/ burger king) and corporate basically suggests sucking it up or paying your employees less or some other measure that is nonsensical.

as a franchisee its a difficult decision to stop honoring a promo like this by yourself. You risk offending someone who is a regular customer of your store - and worse: driving them to another franchisee's store that is still honoring it. A franchisee has almost no influence over corporate decision making on ending a promo at the corporate level.

"Near the end of the promo, I'll give a couple of dozen to homeless people around the area. I just need to find a manager nice enough to let me use the promo a couple of times."

um. given what I just said about the franchisee shouldering the cost. The altruism suggested in the above statement is interesting. The idea of taking promos from a franchisee and redistributing it to the homeless is interesting. its a 'Robin Hood' ideal of taking from the rich to give to the poor. Well if that is going to happen then I wonder why wait until the end of the promo to do it? Do it NOW while the promo is still valid and before individual franchisees may get fed up and start pushing back against it? maybe even approach managers or an owner now with the idea and they might get on board with you. Heck they might even throw in a bunch MORE to help the homeless because they might be moved by the altruistic idea!!
Pooped my plans SilentThunder. You brought up some points that I can't just ignore.

Even with the Robbin Hood statement: that's epitomized when you redistribute from the wealthy. Although wealth can be relative, since this promo was certainly abused, I doubt that the franchised stores are in a position to keep paying out this promo without having their margins strained to the bone.

It sucks, but if corporate is truly not backing this bill, I'm not interested in using up the remaining promo codes. I like my local McDonald's, and if they're the ones taking the brunt of all this redemption, they might get pinched to the point where staff/food quality drops, or they shut down entirely.

I was under the impression that the incremental sales that resulted from this promotion primarily benefited corporate, and resulted in incremental traffic to the franchises store. As a result, I thought it would only be logical that they share the burden, with more emphasis given to corporate. I spoke with a friend who used to be a McD employee about a decade ago and told me that corporate fronted most of their promotions; but that may very well not be the case anymore.

I'll let the codes expire at this point. Didn't realize how damaging this could be for a particular franchise store since I didn't fully understand how these promotions are run.
Dec 12, 2016
195 posts
378 upvotes
Moogadishoo
Does anyone know what time they start serving Big Macs?

First time coupon user here.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2004
5534 posts
2000 upvotes
Wat
hahahu wrote: Does anyone know what time they start serving Big Macs?

First time coupon user here.
11am
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2007
1629 posts
76 upvotes
Is this dead for new sign ups? I just got the app, made an account, but the offer is not in my account. I only have other offers. However, it seems that existing users still have the offer (whether it'll be honoured in store, after hoarding events from last week, to be determined)
Banned
Apr 11, 2012
870 posts
245 upvotes
Toronto
I've used the promo a total of 3 times when it initially came out and stopped after that. I did receive a "shout out" where one employee was talking to the other that "it's one the free ones from that app"

I don't really want to use it anymore. The food isn't healthy for you free or not. Corporate not bearing the brunt of this promo is not that serious and the franchises should all be united with them in giving out the promos, especially in their attitude.

As for the profit margins, I seriously doubt McDonalds franchises have anything to worry about so I don't really have any moral advice on that front to any rfder willing to insert this into their bodies more than once a month.