Expired Hot Deals

[McDonalds] McDonald’s $1 Big Mac, Egg McMuffin or any size Hot MCafe Beverage (Mobile Ordering Only)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 15th, 2018 4:11 pm
Jan 24, 2009
574 posts
234 upvotes
Montreal
User106820 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 11:55 pm
So glitchy. Ordered through app with cc total says 1.05 then I go to drivethrough and they ask me to pay? I told them no the app had charged me. It had emailed me a receipt saying that I was charged over 5$ :/ more work than its worth. Imo. Now how have to find out how to recieve refund.
I had a similar issue, was overcharged for my Big Mac, and when I called their customer experience number, I was told that *some* restaurants have issues. And they can't issue refunds, so for my trouble they are MAILING me a coupon for a free value meal.

Not only that, try and find your order number in the app if you close it... you can't!

For payments, there should be more options as well.

So yeah, mobile ordering is definitely not ready for prime time.
Oct 7, 2007
240 posts
18 upvotes
not sure if this was mentioned but I was able to use the coupon at a kiosk in the store
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2015
3582 posts
17858 upvotes
BC, Lower Mainland
It's back!

SELLING

GROUP BUY

[b [/b]
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
2236 posts
374 upvotes
Montreal
I tried to order this last night in 2 different account 1st one passed without much issue while the 2nd one I tried to add payment it wouldn't register the credit card at all, can they detect duplicate cards or device?
Nov 24, 2009
53 posts
20 upvotes
Surrey
tarushin wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 3:36 pm
I tried to order this last night in 2 different account 1st one passed without much issue while the 2nd one I tried to add payment it wouldn't register the credit card at all, can they detect duplicate cards or device?
I believe someone else mentioned that they track duplicate cards across accounts.
Jul 12, 2012
6 posts
5 upvotes
Halifax
1337 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2018 4:37 am
Did you ask for a free big mac for your trouble though?
I didnt ask for it but after manager gave me the refund, she told me to keep the big mac and fries, so i got them for free.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2001
2915 posts
799 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
OMG, looks like they're doing this deal every week until Jan 29. Just got an email from McD's about the offer.

Last edited by b0ne on Jan 10th, 2018 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2015
3582 posts
17858 upvotes
BC, Lower Mainland
cannot use the same credit card once you removed it.

SELLING

GROUP BUY

[b [/b]
Dec 15, 2006
499 posts
150 upvotes
Ottawa
Thatdealguy wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 7:19 pm
cannot use the same credit card once you removed it.
Not true - I did this today.
Nov 21, 2017
296 posts
108 upvotes
Surrey BC
Terrible implementation of mobile ordering. Tried the cheap big mac both times at the Fraser Hwy and 156th location in Surrey BC. Got the finicky app to work and ordered. Got the confirmation code but then you still have to go to the cashier to show them and I think only then they send the order to the kitchen. A couple of the young employees look totally lost. What's the point of having a mobile order when it doesn't even go through to the kitchen until you show it to an employee?
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
30194 posts
7440 upvotes
GTHA
flipper316 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 6:49 am
Terrible implementation of mobile ordering. Tried the cheap big mac both times at the Fraser Hwy and 156th location in Surrey BC. Got the finicky app to work and ordered. Got the confirmation code but then you still have to go to the cashier to show them and I think only then they send the order to the kitchen. A couple of the young employees look totally lost. What's the point of having a mobile order when it doesn't even go through to the kitchen until you show it to an employee?
You can "check in" from the app.

How do I complete and pick up my order?

When you arrive at your selected restaurant, you can check in and choose how you want to pick up your order. There are four options, which may vary by restaurant and time of day – Front Counter, Table Service, Drive-Thru or Curbside Service. When you check in with your preferred pickup method, your order is completed at the restaurant you choose and your payment card is charged. Remember, never use your mobile app while driving! Only check in when you are safely stopped at a participating restaurant and make sure your location services settings are turned on.

Why do I need to check in?

McDonald’s® wants to ensure your food is hot and fresh when you arrive, so instead of making your order when you initially place your order, we start making it only when you get close to our restaurants. If your location services are turned on, you will receive a notification that you can check in and choose how you’d like to pick up your order from the options that may be available at that restaurant – Front Counter, Table Service, Curbside Service or Drive-Thru. Once you choose where you’d like your food to be ready for you, your order will be sent to the kitchen and your payment will be processed.

from https://www.mcdonalds.com/ca/en-ca/prom ... ymcds.html
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2008
3711 posts
628 upvotes
Toronto
Worked fine for me at the Yonge/Wellesley location earlier today.