Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
McDonalds

McDonalds $1 Coffee (any size) - Feb. 5 to Mar. 4

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 26th, 2018 3:14 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
4278 posts
5209 upvotes
Montreal, QC
chilli604 wrote: i use to buy timmy's/mcdonalds double double, but for the longest time. i wasn't satisfied with the taste. either it was like drinking hot water or wayyyy to sweet.
so i went out and bought a coffee maker with a timer a 5 dollar big container of Maxwell. i never looked back.
i laugh at people when i see them holding timmy's/mcdonalds cups. ive saved alot of money on coffee by doing this
Maxwell house ? ouch.. Even when I run out of other coffee, I can't drink that stuff. I guess if you take cream and milk in it to mask the taste (or give it some), then it may be tolerable to some, but I take my coffee black, so maxwell is not an option.
I think if I use the used coffee from the dredge drawer of my espresso machine to brew a pot of coffee, it would taste better.

It's one thing to save money. But not at the expense of a good cup of coffee. I'm no coffee snob, and you don't need overpriced $7 and $9 Charbucks coffee for something decent (actually charbucks is crap). But you can get some decent blends even at most supermarkets if you don't have a roasting shop near you. Even some of the William Spartivento blends that costco typically sells, are not bad either, and very reasonably priced at under $9/kg. Goldstarcoffee in North York also has some good coffee, but is a little pricier.

Out of most of the fast/quick joints, serving coffee, mcdonalds does have one of the best overall in my opinion. And pretty reasonably priced.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
2131 posts
797 upvotes
Ottawa
Anybody in Ottawa area tried Bridgehead coffee? It's great coffee. Only problem is they only have a few stores and Ottawa local only.
L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2008
2025 posts
1032 upvotes
GTA
I got a large once and it was huge.. a medium is perfect!
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20470 upvotes
chilli604 wrote: i use to buy timmy's/mcdonalds double double, but for the longest time. i wasn't satisfied with the taste. either it was like drinking hot water or wayyyy to sweet.
so i went out and bought a coffee maker with a timer a 5 dollar big container of Maxwell. i never looked back.
i laugh at people when i see them holding timmy's/mcdonalds cups. ive saved alot of money on coffee by doing this
I don't know about how Timmie servers dispense sugar, at McDonald's the machine dispense difference quantities of sugar depending on cup size for a single sugar order. I find that as cup so size increases, the sweetness level increases. The calibration is not that good. I always ask for black and a pouch of sugar on the side.

As for Maxwell House coffee, I would stop drinking coffee if that was the only brand available. The other really nasty tasting coffee I won't touch is presidents choice in the yellow tin.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
2847 posts
2536 upvotes
Ontario
Now if the app keeps giving me $2 egg McMuffin once a week we are in business!
Banned
Oct 20, 2007
4397 posts
509 upvotes
Mississauga
ericlewis91 wrote: I got a large once and it was huge.. a medium is perfect!
Why not simply buy an extra large and then save a portion of it for later unless you don't like cold coffee?

Also while I love these kinds of promotions from McDonalds, I have to say that it does suck with the amount of waste this produces though. The last time they had this promotion, I kept the cups to count how many I bought and I had like 20 cups. I would like to recycle them, but don't they say to not put them in the recycle bin? So that leaves a ton of waste left over in cups and lids. Confused Face

I really wish you could bring your own mug and then have them make your drink in say a stainless steel container and then pour it into your mug to save at least a little waste from going to the landfill.
Not all Toronto sports teams are cursed!! Toronto Raptors 2019 NBA Champs! :D
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2015
1881 posts
1823 upvotes
Maple leafs
comesource wrote: Best time to collect free coffee sticker :)
Thanks op!
No, best time is when they do free small coffees, can usually get a few a day, even if just for the sticker on the cup.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2008
2025 posts
1032 upvotes
GTA
MaximDude wrote: Why not simply buy an extra large and then save a portion of it for later unless you don't like cold coffee?

Also while I love these kinds of promotions from McDonalds, I have to say that it does suck with the amount of waste this produces though. The last time they had this promotion, I kept the cups to count how many I bought and I had like 20 cups. I would like to recycle them, but don't they say to not put them in the recycle bin? So that leaves a ton of waste left over in cups and lids. Confused Face

I really wish you could bring your own mug and then have them make your drink in say a stainless steel container and then pour it into your mug to save at least a little waste from going to the landfill.
Some stores let you use your own cup, but then you dont get the sticker...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2009
6237 posts
4777 upvotes
Ontario
will888 wrote: I don't know about how Timmie servers dispense sugar, at McDonald's the machine dispense difference quantities of sugar depending on cup size for a single sugar order. I find that as cup so size increases, the sweetness level increases. The calibration is not that good. I always ask for black and a pouch of sugar on the side.

As for Maxwell House coffee, I would stop drinking coffee if that was the only brand available. The other really nasty tasting coffee I won't touch is presidents choice in the yellow tin.
I would recommend getting a grinder and buying Zavida Organica 100% Arabica beans from Costco. $14.99 for 2lb bag. Its certified organic and carbon neutral. Apparently due to the high value of a coffee bean crop it is prone to heavy pesticide use.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2017
3427 posts
2464 upvotes
the mobile ordering deal was better any coffee size including specialty coffees been getting the Large Americano for a buck!
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2012
2005 posts
696 upvotes
Montreal
ahlong wrote: the mobile ordering deal was better any coffee size including specialty coffees been getting the Large Americano for a buck!
loved that...best
used the digital mailer coupon in mcdonalds app and was able to get mocha's, hot chocolates, any specialty coffee and reg for a buck
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
1873 posts
220 upvotes
Vancouver
The XL is ginormous. I love coffee, but a Medium to Large is just right.
Jan 2, 2018
459 posts
393 upvotes
Emporium wrote: Because many of us are out of the house for roughly 10hrs a day to go to work :)

I typically take my first coffee (americano) with me from home in the morning. But then after lunch, I get myself another coffee. We have a TH directly in the building at the office, but I'm not a fan of their watered down flavorless coffee. We have quite a few Keurig machines all around the office, so I just buy some K-cups every so often and use those for my second cup during the day. So it costs me about $0.50 / cup which is pretty decent for a decent cup of coffee (I buy a variety from singlejocoffee so it always keeps it interesting).
Yeah this.. plus a kerig cup is usually 8oz correct? I don't know how much is in an XL from mcds but it's got to be close to a L. If you did the math it's probably cheaper.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9827 posts
5823 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
MaximDude wrote: Why not simply buy an extra large and then save a portion of it for later unless you don't like cold coffee?

I don't see why you cant?
After you order, just give them your mug and ask them to pour into it.
I am sure the employee there are happy to do it.
It is just that you wont get the sticker from the cup.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2012
4561 posts
918 upvotes
Toronto
way2quik wrote: The XL is ginormous. I love coffee, but a Medium to Large is just right.
XL is great to share with spouse :)