• Feb 26th, 2018 3:14 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2012
1277 posts
196 upvotes
Montreal
ahlong wrote:
Feb 4th, 2018 11:41 am
the mobile ordering deal was better any coffee size including specialty coffees been getting the Large Americano for a buck!
loved that...best
used the digital mailer coupon in mcdonalds app and was able to get mocha's, hot chocolates, any specialty coffee and reg for a buck
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
1565 posts
82 upvotes
Vancouver
The XL is ginormous. I love coffee, but a Medium to Large is just right.
Jan 2, 2018
110 posts
106 upvotes
Emporium wrote:
Feb 4th, 2018 12:12 am
Because many of us are out of the house for roughly 10hrs a day to go to work :)

I typically take my first coffee (americano) with me from home in the morning. But then after lunch, I get myself another coffee. We have a TH directly in the building at the office, but I'm not a fan of their watered down flavorless coffee. We have quite a few Keurig machines all around the office, so I just buy some K-cups every so often and use those for my second cup during the day. So it costs me about $0.50 / cup which is pretty decent for a decent cup of coffee (I buy a variety from singlejocoffee so it always keeps it interesting).
Yeah this.. plus a kerig cup is usually 8oz correct? I don't know how much is in an XL from mcds but it's got to be close to a L. If you did the math it's probably cheaper.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
3057 posts
849 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
MaximDude wrote:
Feb 4th, 2018 10:11 am
Why not simply buy an extra large and then save a portion of it for later unless you don't like cold coffee?

Also while I love these kinds of promotions from McDonalds, I have to say that it does suck with the amount of waste this produces though. The last time they had this promotion, I kept the cups to count how many I bought and I had like 20 cups. I would like to recycle them, but don't they say to not put them in the recycle bin? So that leaves a ton of waste left over in cups and lids. Confused Face

I really wish you could bring your own mug and then have them make your drink in say a stainless steel container and then pour it into your mug to save at least a little waste from going to the landfill.
I don't see why you cant?
After you order, just give them your mug and ask them to pour into it.
I am sure the employee there are happy to do it.
It is just that you wont get the sticker from the cup.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
9169 posts
3583 upvotes
Toronto
Or that special work colleague eh.
cessnabmw wrote:
Feb 5th, 2018 10:25 am
XL is great to share with spouse :)

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Apr 13, 2007
901 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto
Screw the Union Station location. They don't enable mobile ordering OR have this promo. They suck so much.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2001
1731 posts
771 upvotes
Toronto
The Toronto Eaton center McD, now doesn't provide the plastic lid for free re-fills. Is this only at this location or Canada wide?
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
9448 posts
14111 upvotes
Scarborough
forevergone wrote:
Feb 5th, 2018 10:38 am
Screw the Union Station location. They don't enable mobile ordering OR have this promo. They suck so much.
They're not technically a McDonald's location and don't typically participate in the national promos. I really wish they would!
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Apr 13, 2007
901 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto
TomRFD wrote:
Feb 5th, 2018 11:14 am
They're not technically a McDonald's location and don't typically participate in the national promos. I really wish they would!
They did take part in the last $1 coffee promo. Same here, I'm so peeved!
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
9448 posts
14111 upvotes
Scarborough
forevergone wrote:
Feb 5th, 2018 11:16 am
They did take part in the last $1 coffee promo. Same here, I'm so peeved!
Oh I didn't know that. Hopefully the full McDonald's downstairs opens up soon. That location should be participating in all of the promos.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2014
2291 posts
452 upvotes
whats funny is watching people sit there burning way more than 1$ gas waiting for that 1$ coffee they probably wouldnt have bought normally. LOL