Looks like they are competing with "Roll up the Rim"
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
1359 posts
311 upvotes
B.C.
westnylefx wrote:
Feb 5th, 2018 11:45 am
whats funny is watching people sit there burning way more than 1$ gas waiting for that 1$ coffee they probably wouldnt have bought normally. LOL
Are they driving a locomotive?

An hour of idling in a Honda Civic will cost 8-10 cents in fuel.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2006
1315 posts
1195 upvotes
Canada
EEE2 wrote:
Feb 5th, 2018 11:53 am
Tim Hortons coffee tastes like water. McDonalds is my new fav, rich aroma and makes feel fully awake in the mornings.
Not sure about Tims tasting like water. Only time I get mcds coffee is when they have this promotion. Got one today because of cheap price. Not much flavor at all. Actually it tastes watered down just like the previous times I got a coffee at mcds. Maybe its just the store I go to or the type of cream they use...not sure . I still prefer Timmies
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
1516 posts
1048 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
way2quik wrote:
Feb 4th, 2018 12:44 pm
The XL is ginormous. I love coffee, but a Medium to Large is just right.

https://www.stanley-pmi.com/shop/master ... ttle-14-qt keeps it hot 40hrs :D

or

https://www.stanley-pmi.com/shop/master ... ttle-25-oz keeps it hot 27hrs :D

When you need the coffee to stay hot and go the distance. 40hrs is the new benchmark for thermos. Reports of still tongue burning at 40hrs and heat lasting 72hrs. :D :D :D
...Location: GTA North

If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.

GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread

[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100). Please let me know if you have one for sale. Willing to part trade stuff or labour.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
1516 posts
1048 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
For those wondering about the sizing of the coffee here is a quote from someone that found the info.
Imperial Fluid Ounce = 0.96 US Fluid Ounce.

But sizes are bigger in the USA. In Canada an XL is 660ml (22.3 US OZ, 23.2 Imperial OZ)
Source: https://www.mcdonalds.com/ca/en-ca/abou ... lator.html
(there is a typo for XL on the page, should be ml not g)

Large: 564ml
Medium: 442ml
Small: 292 ml

Tim Hortons Canada:
XL: 678ml
L: 563ml
M: 425ml
S: 286ml
Here is the original post by MonctonMan here https://forums.redflagdeals.com/mcdonal ... #p28470017

I was just looking up the sizing on the XL and someone said it was 710mL then MonctonMan said the sizing in Canada was smaller and it was an error on McDonalds website of 660g when they meant 660mL.

I see Corleone or however you spell his name was saying he was taking a approx 60oz carafe to the 7-11 'bring your own thermos' day when he said his was larger then others thermos. Well next time that 7-11 event comes around bring this 68oz/2L Thermos there. Looks like a regular thermos. https://www.amazon.com/Thermos-Stainles ... B008YB4V52

Also buying 3 x 660mL XL coffees will fill that 68oz up and have coffee all day. :D
...Location: GTA North

If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.

GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread

[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100). Please let me know if you have one for sale. Willing to part trade stuff or labour.
Oct 15, 2016
163 posts
199 upvotes
and don't forget 200 napkins included free with any purchase
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
2952 posts
767 upvotes
Toronto
Really? You be lucky to get even 1 and the cup not having coffee dripping down the sides where I go
Feb 20, 2013
19 posts
2 upvotes
i've been buying at the mccafe @ union station this whole week but didn't get this promo... so does it mean its only limited to the mcdonalds restaurants? also i used the automated kiosk too
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
2723 posts
709 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
es25 wrote:
Feb 8th, 2018 8:20 am
Looks like they are competing with "Roll up the Rim"
Do people really prefer to pay more to get the "play it again" by wasting your effort to roll up the stupid rim that almost break your nails, to the $1 XL coffee?
I honestly hate the roll up the rim. But don't we get free coffee from McDonCrap when timmy is doing roll up the rim?
Why we need to pay this time?
$1 is too expensive compare to free.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Apr 12, 2011
499 posts
260 upvotes
downtown TO
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Feb 9th, 2018 9:21 am
Do people really prefer to pay more to get the "play it again" by wasting your effort to roll up the stupid rim that almost break your nails, to the $1 XL coffee?
I honestly hate the roll up the rim. But don't we get free coffee from McDonCrap when timmy is doing roll up the rim?
Almost break your nails? You're doing it wrong... Finish the drink, then flatten the cup in half, and use your thumbs to roll it up, it's very easy.
Also, of course free is better than $1, but don't tell me that $1 for any size coffee is too expensive....

thedealhunter2000 wrote:
Feb 9th, 2018 2:29 pm
Curious if they offer free refills for the same visit during this promotion?
1 free refill before 11 am (at least at the McD I frequent), to satisfy all the old people who live there between 9am-4-pm. Sad.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
2723 posts
709 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
fishscale4sale wrote:
Feb 9th, 2018 4:06 pm
Almost break your nails? You're doing it wrong... Finish the drink, then flatten the cup in half, and use your thumbs to roll it up, it's very easy.
Also, of course free is better than $1, but don't tell me that $1 for any size coffee is too expensive....
May be your thumb is strong. I find it hard to roll up the rim without using my nail.
Yes, $1 is too expensive if you can get it for free.
It isn't about how much is it. It is the rfd spirit. You don't pay 1c more if you don't have to.
Smiling Face With Sunglasses
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Apr 12, 2011
499 posts
260 upvotes
downtown TO
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Feb 9th, 2018 4:15 pm
May be your thumb is strong. I find it hard to roll up the rim without using my nail.
Yes, $1 is too expensive if you can get it for free.
It isn't about how much is it. It is the rfd spirit. You don't pay 1c more if you don't have to.
Smiling Face With Sunglasses
No, my thumb isn't strong. It's normal strength.
Your thumb is the problem. It is weak. Sorry to say. Have a great weekend tho!
Sep 1, 2006
321 posts
43 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Feb 9th, 2018 9:21 am
"almost break your nails" - Not sure if trolling...

"But don't we get free coffee from McDonCrap when timmy is doing roll up the rim? Why we need to pay this time? $1 is too expensive compare to free." - you make it sound like getting free coffee is a right, not a privilege. If it makes you feel any better (I doubt it will) the free coffee was for smalls only. It's not like they are saying only small coffees are $1. A lot of people get sizes bigger than small anyways so this minor difference in price is worth the shorter wait times (normally the lineups during free coffee promotions are huge).
Jun 27, 2017
95 posts
22 upvotes
There is a technique to properly rolling up the rim. You squishy the cup together to make it flat then roll.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)