• May 2nd, 2019 12:47 pm
Tags:
Feb 6, 2013
324 posts
261 upvotes
Toronto
Idlehands wrote:
Apr 8th, 2019 11:08 am
Hard to feel incentivized to provide good customer services when you’re being treated like nobody.” By corporate. Whenever you walk in a Tim’s it’s always depressing and stagnant, whereas McDonald’s employees, while nothing to write home about, still looks like they have a little bit of sparkle in their eyes.
I guess so but I'm saying we're scraping the bottom of the barrel here. Like "how do you even function in society on a daily basis" kind of interaction here. My standards are pretty low. One time one lady even told me "come on, hurry up" while I was trying to get the right change (I look behind me and no one is even waiting).

Re: McD yeah that's very true. I don't get it. CS at McDonald's is a lot better oddly. They're pretty proactive about it.

Please Tim Hortons get kiosks so I don't have to deal with your rude staff... Please...
Jan 22, 2007
223 posts
80 upvotes
Webhead wrote:
Apr 8th, 2019 11:18 am
Yep, McD is matching Timmies offer, 2 breakfast sandwiches for $5.
let the breakfast sandwich wars begin! hopefully, this results in lower PERMANENT pricing, these things should be no more than $1.99 ea
Feb 25, 2019
6 posts
Anyone know what happened to free fry Monday? Us it over?
Hasn’t been on my app for two weeks ...
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2127 posts
1118 upvotes
Prince George
Last time I ordered a Sausage & Egg McMuffin outside breakfast hours, they made it with a hamburger patty LOL. Quite the fine dining experience.
WetFanny wrote:
Apr 8th, 2019 12:27 pm
Anyone know what happened to free fry Monday? Us it over?
Hasn’t been on my app for two weeks ...
It is in my app here in BC today. This is only the second week of it IIRC. Surprisingly, the free any size fountain drink is back too. That one seems too good to be true.
Last edited by cheaper_than_cheap on Apr 8th, 2019 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 21, 2011
699 posts
366 upvotes
Whitby
Idlehands wrote:
Apr 8th, 2019 11:08 am
Hard to feel incentivized to provide good customer services when you’re being treated like nobody by corporate. Whenever you walk in a Tim’s it’s always depressing and stagnant, whereas McDonald’s employees, while nothing to write home about, still looks like they have a little bit of sparkle in their eyes.
McD has been good with me so far, last week I ordered a soy cappuccino, after waiting for my order to be ready for like 5 mins they said only Almond is available, I said Ok. After a minute I was told they ran out of Almond too, so is 2% OK, I am lactose intolerant so he said he will refund. The guy also gave me 3 filled up rewards card and an Apple danish as compensation.
Koodo Mobile | Stack | Lyft | Instagram
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7914 posts
950 upvotes
RoseTech wrote:
Apr 8th, 2019 11:21 am
Please Tim Hortons get kiosks so I don't have to deal with your rude staff... Please...
As someone who worked at McDonald's as a teenager and worked every position available other then store managers... yeah I'd say the self-order kiosks have been the best addition. If I was still working at McDonald's I would absolutely love having the kiosks so I can deal with customers far less often, because from my experience most customers are prissy, rude and self-absorbed who will usually look down and belittle you if you don't bend to their will.

So I'll say it works both ways in that regards, minimizes the interaction between shitty/rude customers and shitty/rude employees.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
1516 posts
578 upvotes
Hamilton
RoseTech wrote:
Apr 8th, 2019 10:33 am
Trying to combat Tim's I see.

As an aside, damn man, Tim Hortons' customer service has been really bad lately. Everywhere I go, mistakes taking my order, no apologies, no receipt when I ask, extremely rude. It was so bad I contacted customer service to complain, no response. Go figure.
Tim's has gone so far downhill it's sad.
Won't even go in anymore.
Feb 18, 2012
398 posts
154 upvotes
Victoria
Not in my app in bc, only have buy 1 get one 50% off
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2127 posts
1118 upvotes
Prince George
Horsey2345 wrote:
Apr 8th, 2019 12:59 pm
Not in my app in bc, only have buy 1 get one 50% off
It’s not an app offer. Seems to be just a general promo like their $1 drink days.
Feb 18, 2012
398 posts
154 upvotes
Victoria
cheaper_than_cheap wrote:
Apr 8th, 2019 2:06 pm
It’s not an app offer. Seems to be just a general promo like their $1 drink days.
So the only way to get is in store? Not showing up when i try to preorder on app either.
Feb 23, 2017
178 posts
92 upvotes
McDonald's app has been killing it lately. Got my free drink free fries and a snack wrap today. Then the rest of the week I'm gonna get my free drink and bogo junior chicken . 2 junior chicken and a large drink is a decent lunch.
Mar 20, 2019
10 posts
5 upvotes
andrewlo wrote:
Apr 8th, 2019 8:41 am
the bagel breakfast sandwich offer is now $3.49, which is just crazy.
They used to have $2.79 offers in the app
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2127 posts
1118 upvotes
Prince George
Horsey2345 wrote:
Apr 8th, 2019 2:18 pm
So the only way to get is in store? Not showing up when i try to preorder on app either.
I guess they haven’t gotten around to updating the app menu yet. (Or the tills, according to the OP)
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
1490 posts
434 upvotes
Just realized that timmy has two for 5. I would rather go for the timmy one. They rarely have these sale. Hopefully they will have sale more often.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2004
1867 posts
315 upvotes
Burlington
Hotshotz wrote:
Apr 8th, 2019 2:24 pm
They used to have $2.79 offers in the app
The any breakfast sandwhcih for $2.79 gets me to go in the morning. I think this week is any for $3.49 for me which isn't that cheap.

I still don't see the 2 for 5 in printable coupons or app offers.