Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
McDonalds

McDonald's 2 McMuffins for $5

• Last Updated:
  • May 2nd, 2019 12:47 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
2704 posts
1593 upvotes
Toronto
larry81 wrote: anyyone can tell me wtf is a mobile order ??? Is this the drive thru ?
You use your mobile device to order and pick up in store. The mobile app has its own offers which rotate weekly and are separate from the mailer coupons.
Jan 17, 2018
148 posts
144 upvotes
A year ago they were still having those BOGO offers for Egg McMuffins in Ontario, which came out to be only $3.49 for two. I only go to McDonald's for the free fries nowadays
Jul 25, 2018
784 posts
1241 upvotes
Milton, ON
Had Tim's two for $5 breakfast sandwiches today and remembered why I don't go there anymore. McDonald's breakfast kills Tim's any day.
Aug 2, 2014
378 posts
65 upvotes
Idlehands wrote: It’s great to see some real fierce competition going between Tim’s and McDonald’s, in the end whether you’re a Tim whoreton or McBitch we’re all winners. Let’s hope the balance doesn’t tip too favourably towards McDonald’s yet though.
Why not? Tim hortons is trash they use low quality ingredients that are no where near fresh and was bought out a long time ago no longer Canadian owned.

Macdonalds isn't way better don't get me wrong you should avoid both lol but they are much better for one the eggs are freshly made unlike Tim hortons frozen eggs that get reheated.
I got that fireeeeeee
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3952 posts
2856 upvotes
Toronto
----------
Last edited by drz400 on Jul 25th, 2022 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------------------
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3365 upvotes
Vancouver
yo2boy wrote: Can you explain?
My apologies. I assumed everyone received the coupons.
Feb 16, 2019
108 posts
173 upvotes
It's BOGO in Winnipeg for Mcmuffin and bagel sandwiches. Chalk one up for the murder capital ;)
Apr 18, 2008
918 posts
295 upvotes
Mississauga
abshahul wrote: McD has been good with me so far, last week I ordered a soy cappuccino, after waiting for my order to be ready for like 5 mins they said only Almond is available, I said Ok. After a minute I was told they ran out of Almond too, so is 2% OK, I am lactose intolerant so he said he will refund. The guy also gave me 3 filled up rewards card and an Apple danish as compensation.
When did McCafe get soy and almond milk? I thought it was just 2% or skim milk and I can't even find milk customization in the app for their espresso drinks.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2013
1046 posts
1308 upvotes
Ontario
spham23 wrote: Had the same experience. They basically took a week to tell me to go deal with the manager at the store. McDonalds responds within a day and sends me coupons for free stuff when they screw up my orders.

That’s why I rarely go to Tim Hortons now. No need to blindly support them now. They’re not a Canadian company anymore.
Just today at Tim's I asked for the receipt (so I can do the much-needed survey), she says "OK," I pay, wait for the receipt, she says "THAT'S IT." So I say again "Receipt, please." Finally get it.

I get in my car, GOD D∀WN IT!! ---- She ripped the survey code part right off the receipt!! This isn't the first time either that they've done that. What a farce...
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2011
1625 posts
1339 upvotes
Whitby
Saturate wrote: When did McCafe get soy and almond milk? I thought it was just 2% or skim milk and I can't even find milk customization in the app for their espresso drinks.
As far as I know they have it for a long time, depends on location may be. They even had lactose free until Feb, too bad they stopped it. This is the 100 King St W location in downtown Toronto. And the best is they don't charge extra for it like SB.
[external link removed]
Temp. Banned
Jun 18, 2008
5095 posts
4664 upvotes
Montreal
spham23 wrote: Had the same experience. They basically took a week to tell me to go deal with the manager at the store. McDonalds responds within a day and sends me coupons for free stuff when they screw up my orders.

That’s why I rarely go to Tim Hortons now. No need to blindly support them now. They’re not a Canadian company anymore.
Last time I looked Mcdonald's and Starbucks are not Canadian either but apparently that's ok. Tim's were not a Canadian company in the early 90's to 2006 either lol (oh the horror!!) but feel free to continue getting all upset over the lack of subsidized fast food from Tim's head office.
Jul 13, 2017
65 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
I saw a big sign for the 2 for $5 McMuffins outside the McDonalds at Leslie and Provost in Toronto (North York) as I was pulling out of the drive thru. Sign did not to indicate a coupon required or app was required. May be at participating locations?
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2008
1262 posts
146 upvotes
LOL.. are you kidding me? What employee cares that much to do that?
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
2704 posts
1593 upvotes
Toronto
Seen this promo being advertised today at the Eaton Centre location as well (it wasn't yesterday) - so looks like you may start to see more of the ads today.
Jul 25, 2018
784 posts
1241 upvotes
Milton, ON
There was an advertisement on the radio for this. Probably same promotion dates as Tim's lol.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
6484 posts
2389 upvotes
Mississauga
mcd breakfast sandwiches... good
timmies breakfast sandwiches... disgusting

in my recent memory... timmies breakfast sandwich is the only thing i have taken a bite and threw in garbage...lol

i dunno if it's the egg or the sausage patty... but it was pretty gross
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
9113 posts
2403 upvotes
Ducky wrote: mcd breakfast sandwiches... good
timmies breakfast sandwiches... disgusting

in my recent memory... timmies breakfast sandwich is the only thing i have taken a bite and threw in garbage...lol

i dunno if it's the egg or the sausage patty... but it was pretty gross
I don't think Tim's don't have grills in their restaurants, I'd have to ask someone I know who used to work at one to confirm this but pretty sure if that's the case then they're baking everything or reheating previously cooked then frozen food in the oven including the eggs and hashbrown (which are 100% baked not fried). That would explain why their breakfast sandwiches tastes terrible compared to those from McDonald's where all the components are either grilled or fried.

I tried their potato wedges once and never again, it was just nasty and had clearly just been reheated.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
6762 posts
2096 upvotes
I just saw this now as a sponsored ad on Facebook. Will try this sometime this week.
Canada_7 wrote: I'm not seeing it for the mailer coupons in Ontario.

If this offer does work, also don't forget to pair with the Raptors offer for free fries for a lot of food for $5. Note that you are in charge of your own health, I am not held responsible.
Dec 20, 2010
629 posts
631 upvotes
One Kitchener location had a big sign advertising this, ordered with no coupon