McDonald's app- multiple uses allowed for some mobile coupons. YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 23rd, 2019 9:33 pm
[OP]
Apr 23, 2018
15 posts
13 upvotes

McDonald's app- multiple uses allowed for some mobile coupons. YMMV

Recently I've noticed that some mobile coupons in the McDonald's app now allow multiple uses. They seem to change which coupons have this feature week to week.
As seen in the screenshot posted, in the small print it says: "Maximum redemption allowed 7 time(s) per offer period. Unlimited redemption allowed per day. You've redeemed this offer a total of 0 time(s). Total redemption 0 time(s) today."

eg. This week I got this feature for the 10 chicken nuggets for price of 6 and $3.79 sandwich offers. Last week it was on the $2.79 breakfast sandwich.

I searched and could not find this info posted on RFD, so I thought it would be good to let people know so they can avoid the hassle of switching through multiple accounts for the same offer ;). Sorry if this is a repost.

Enjoy!
*This is in AB, so YMMV in other locations.
Images
  • Screenshot_20190423-113300.png
33 replies
Oct 12, 2008
798 posts
1319 upvotes
Markham
Unlimited because the offers are ****. Why would I want to pay $3.99 for a McDonald's sandwich when I can get a much better Teen Burger at A&W for less? Even BK has a better burger.
Nov 22, 2009
679 posts
667 upvotes
Toronto
Dave510 wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 2:13 pm
Unlimited because the offers are ****. Why would I want to pay $3.99 for a McDonald's sandwich when I can get a much better Teen Burger at A&W for less? Even BK has a better burger.
Who would've thought that taste is subjective?
Nov 19, 2009
540 posts
362 upvotes
Toronto
Just read this article about the McDonalds app. Exercise caution.... and even that might not help.

Mcdonalds App...
Sep 1, 2012
249 posts
26 upvotes
Since my app stopped working properly, I've been able to re-use the same free coffee offer over 30 times.

Haven't paid for a coffee in months.
[OP]
Apr 23, 2018
15 posts
13 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 2:31 pm
Can I use the free fries coupon multiple times?
Not sure as I don't have that particular deal in my offers. You'd have to look at the fine print when you click the offer. Sometime it just has the "limit one per offer per customer", in which case you'd only be able to use it once. If it has the other message stating you can use it more than once, you're good to go! Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Jan 1, 2010
261 posts
252 upvotes
Toronto
magicjoey911 wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 2:40 pm
If you use the app, take a look at this article:
"I tried to buy a coffee with McDonald’s mobile app, instead I was defrauded $2,000" [from mobilesyrup]
https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/04/23/mcdo ... 00-dollars

Food for thought I guess.
Thanks for taking the time to post that. Always good to be aware.

I use the app for the codes and I use the in store kiosks to pay. Sure, its not convenient but better that the author's experience.
Feb 26, 2017
299 posts
128 upvotes
Like everything else, rotten Ronnie’s has strengths and weaknesses. I’m not a fan of the burgers, but when they have the 2 McMuffins for 6 bucks deal, it’s hard to beat. They use real eggs whereas Tim’s doesn’t.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2006
3065 posts
450 upvotes
Winnipeg
Also double check your purchases... bought a promo $2 McChicken Sandwich, and when I got my email receipt (and credit card bill), it was full price, even though the item clearly says "$2 McChicken Promo"

Called them about it, and they want to get my address so they can send a physical coupon for a $2 McChicken, instead of refunding my money... pass...

The manager of the McDonald's was more amenable though, he gave me a free McChicken when I showed him the email receipt to make up for my loss...
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
5406 posts
3121 upvotes
Toronto
Malta wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 2:37 pm
Just read this article about the McDonalds app. Exercise caution.... and even that might not help.

Mcdonalds App...
Just use the app to get the coupon, but not to pay, and you'll be okay
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
4547 posts
1705 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Why is the McDonalds app so horrible. Telling you one price and charging you another is a total scam.
It should be reported, not just getting a refund or a free sandwiches.
I always experience fraud from McDonalds.
A lot of times they post a price on the menu on the wall and when they punch in the cash register, it is a different price.
Most people won't pay attention enough to it to notice. But I call it out every single time.
And the manager in the store even told me it is normal. The price changed.
I think the way we pay tax here in Canada contribute to many company commit fraud like this.
The price you pay is different from the price you see (because of tax).
It is really easy for company to get away from charging you more than they should because no one except me will pull out my phone to do a calculation.
The fact that they don't even give you a receipt if you don't ask for it doesn't help. In some place, you wont even know how much you pay until you get your credit card bill, which you long forget what you ordered.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine