• Jan 17th, 2011 12:02 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
22169 posts
822 upvotes
Newmarket
Bookpreviews wrote: You just gave me the idea to make some baked apple pies.
buy some wanton rappers and use apples,raisins and cinnamon for filling!

Go for it and post back here with pics/details afterwards.
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
22169 posts
822 upvotes
Newmarket
joeyjoejoe wrote: [IMG]http://media.eyeweekly.topscms.com/imag ... 07d84.jpeg[/IMG]

"Really bad" isn't enough to describe this. Just look at it! It's all slimely! You know there's no real fruit flavouring in this...

With that new chocolate banana pie, it makes you wonder what's going on at McDonald's Head Office... the "New Product" division seems more like a chemistry lab than a kitchen.

Hot Mustard McNugget sauce is nothing new. McDonald's in Canada discontinued it a few years back. I guess they are bringing it back. Where did you hear this?

Ya, it was one of the 3 orig ones...along with sweet&sour and bbq.
Oh wait, I think it was honey mustard, not hot mustard (if they are in fact different).
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12797 posts
3471 upvotes
stealth wrote: Ya, it was one of the 3 orig ones...along with sweet&sour and bbq.
Oh wait, I think it was honey mustard, not hot mustard (if they are in fact different).

Okay, I confirmed it with my sources at McDonalds HO... Hot mustard has been back for a month already. About 3 or 4 years ago they got rid of hot mustard and replaced it with honey mustard.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 26, 2008
5135 posts
55 upvotes
stealth wrote: Go for it and post back here with pics/details afterwards.

I will remember to take a pic. I am behind in my cooking experiments ;)

last recipe I made up was some crab cakes with a sundried tomato chili lime oil seasoning.
they were very good- used panko for the breading.

For the person asking where I heard about the hot mustard- it was in an ad somewhere or McD flyer?
the regular honey mustard sauce sucks and tastes like they put "mikko whip" or mayonaise in it...bleh!

Why can't McD have any good sauces thesedays.
Growing up I remember they had some special asian dipping sauces that were really good.
And why can't they get that chili sauce from the sandwiches as a dip- that would be really good.
Sep 12, 2003
683 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto
I don't understand how people think food from Macdonald are not artificial? They are mostly artificially made to taste good. This is not homemade cooking, it's fast food.
Heatware: TheOneBarton
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2005
13432 posts
297 upvotes
Midland
My dad didn't go to McDonald's much, but he really thought the little apple pie was the cat's meow. I like it too, but haven't had it in quite a while.
"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - US President, Calvin Coolidge
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2006
1402 posts
312 upvotes
GTA
Went back to McD's today for their normal apple pie. (My daughter was begging for it.) I'll restate that it is really delicious and at 2 for $1.39, a great deal.
Aug 4, 2010
898 posts
43 upvotes
:lol: My sister tried her first banana chocolate pie yesterday, liked them so much she bought a second one. When I asked her what the yellow-white custard was, she told me it was banana, yeah right! Banana... since when does banana resemble pus?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 26, 2008
5135 posts
55 upvotes
Chuckled wrote: :lol: My sister tried her first banana chocolate pie yesterday, liked them so much she bought a second one. When I asked her what the yellow-white custard was, she told me it was banana, yeah right! Banana... since when does banana resemble pus?

Nice description.................NOT!

They prolly use that cheap banananana pudding mix, made with fake flavor and soylent...things ;)

I eat banana ice cream and it tastes nothing like the fake banana pudding you get at the store.
I was actually at a store a few days ago that makes a banana bread with actual bananas baked in the middle.
And they look just like a mushy darker colour and nothing like the baked McD pies.

If you use real banana in a baked pie...it does not look that great either!