• Last Updated:
  • Aug 12th, 2017 1:10 am
[OP]
Oct 7, 2007
169 posts
41 upvotes
Rider Nation

Mcdonalds new recyclable coffee pod issue

Anyone else having issues with the new compostable pods in there Kuerig. I bought the 72 count at Costco. It either plugs up or drips slow. Out of 8 I've tried so far 7 have not functioned properly.
I have no issues with the other pods I've used .The old plastic type cup.
7 replies
Nov 10, 2015
881 posts
192 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
When was the last time you cleaned the underside of the Keurig, where the water/coffee comes out?
I'm not saying that's the problem, but they do need to be cleaned occasionally. All it needs is a paper clip run through the little holes.
There could be an issue with the pods, but normally all that happens with the Keurigs when the lid is depressed, it punches one hole in the top of the pod and one hole in the bottom.

We have the recyclable McD pods and no issues to date.
Anyone But Justin 2019
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
27317 posts
3654 upvotes
Ottawa
Like Poleman says, maybe your machine needs cleaning? I recently cleaned mine and it works much better.
http://videos.keurig.com/detail/videos/ ... Start=true
'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional minority, and rabidly promoted by unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds the proposition that it is possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.' Anonymous
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
27317 posts
3654 upvotes
Ottawa
playnicee1 wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 10:08 pm
BUT...How does that explain not having any problems with any other pods (brands)???
Good point. Perhaps other post are plastic and the brew comes out a single little hole as opposed to the sack in the recyclable pods?
'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional minority, and rabidly promoted by unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds the proposition that it is possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.' Anonymous
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
10848 posts
1445 upvotes
Toronto
Pete_Coach wrote:
Aug 4th, 2017 8:41 am
Good point. Perhaps other post are plastic and the brew comes out a single little hole as opposed to the sack in the recyclable pods?
Excellent point. Agreed also that a cleaning never hurts.
[OP]
Oct 7, 2007
169 posts
41 upvotes
Rider Nation
I found the issue with the compostable pods. The pods are not consistent sizes for depth. After looking at some of the duds. The bottom needle isn't punctering the bottom. Since the compostables are more round at the bottoms. It sits higher up in the casing and the bottom needle wont puncture it when you close the door. I started measuring and lo and behold the pods are varying in depths.