None
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
41190 posts
4952 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain

is mcdonalds the new smoking?

YEah mcdonalds is bad... But there are things out there that are just as bad or even worst!

But everything i mention mcdonalds someone has to pop out and say "ugh... thats a disgusting habbit! have u ever thought about quitting?"

Even when im eating a Big Mac walking around the mall.. they tell me to take it outside or to the food court b/c they dont want to smell the nastiness of it.
Its gotten to a point where i go to mcdonalds, and i secretly dont tell anyone for fear of reprecussions of society :-0
14 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2005
7856 posts
370 upvotes
Brampton
woah nobody has ever told me that in public before. Thats just harsh, and to me mcdonalds isnt any worse than any of the other fast food resturants, and it all matters with how much you eat. Dont go and eat it everyday and then complain how its bad for u. :| you should know that already.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2006
14381 posts
228 upvotes
Sounds like you need some new friends.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
20449 posts
1922 upvotes
Toronto
the new smoking are cellphones..........cellphone companies know that cellphones cause brain tumours but they still sell this stuff since it is a multi-million dollar industry.........

just imagine, would you give up your cellphone for something that hasn't been proven in public ?

food for thought.........my ethics professor told us about it, it got me thinking....

sorry back on topic, McDs is ok once in a while............
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
41190 posts
4952 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
ji2o0k wrote:the new smoking are cellphones..........cellphone companies know that cellphones cause brain tumours but they still sell this stuff since it is a multi-million dollar industry.........

just imagine, would you give up your cellphone for something that hasn't been proven in public ?

food for thought.........my ethics professor told us about it, it got me thinking....

sorry back on topic, McDs is ok once in a while............
HOLY MOLY!!!I never thought about that.. its like a new conspiracy theory...
MAybe thats why theres no "scientific" studies released on the affects of pro-long cell phone use :O
maybe the telecommunication companties are trying to hold em down... and anyone revealing info on such things will get shot like taht guy inthat movie.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
18709 posts
3328 upvotes
GTA West
One morning at work, the person in the next cubicle arrived and all of a sudden, I smelled this really awful odour. I thought my cubicle neighbour had stepped in a 'doggie landmine' and not realised it. It was a really sh#tty smell and I checked my own shoes just to be sure.

And then when I walked passed her cubicle, I saw the source of the smell... She had brought an Egg McMuffin.

Yes, McDonald's food smells like ****. :lol:
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2005
1734 posts
52 upvotes
Jucius Maximus wrote:One morning at work, the person in the next cubicle arrived and all of a sudden, I smelled this really awful odour. I thought my cubicle neighbour had stepped in a 'doggie landmine' and not realised it. It was a really sh#tty smell and I checked my own shoes just to be sure.

And then when I walked passed her cubicle, I saw the source of the smell... She had brought an Egg McMuffin.

Yes, McDonald's food smells like ****. :lol:
So does gogonzola and raw salmon ... but I do love sushi and stinky cheeses :)
Mar 3, 2005
758 posts
203 upvotes
Toronto
UrbanPoet wrote:HOLY MOLY!!!I never thought about that.. its like a new conspiracy theory...
MAybe thats why theres no "scientific" studies released on the affects of pro-long cell phone use :O
maybe the telecommunication companties are trying to hold em down... and anyone revealing info on such things will get shot like taht guy inthat movie.
couldnt put it better myself... :lol:
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2005
2986 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver
It doesn't matter what you eat, it's how much you eat and your lifestyle that matters. Gotta hate the people who eat fast food 3 times a day and the only exercise they do is go open the door for delivery, then tries to sue Mcdonald or KFC for making them a fatass.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2005
8840 posts
Vancouver
Yeah fast food is becoming the new smoking if you mean it's becoming ever so slightly socially unacceptable.

I don't think it's McDonalds in particular, they're just the biggest, so they take the greatest heat.

As for why your friends hassle you, it sounds like you're always eating McDonalds! :lol: Perhaps they're more health conscious and are trying to rub on some of their perceived good habits. Probably they just want the best for you, and want you to live a long healthy life. ;)
Beans, beans, the magically fruit. The more you eat, the more you toot. The more you toot, the better you feel. So eat your beans at every meal.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2005
1053 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Boo on people! if you can eat McFood whilst knowing the calorie content of what your eating.. its your right!
Banned
Jul 10, 2005
2489 posts
Papagorgio wrote:Boo on people! if you can eat McFood whilst knowing the calorie content of what your eating.. its your right!
It is your right yes but down the road it will kill you.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2005
8840 posts
Vancouver
Papagorgio wrote:Boo on people! if you can eat McFood whilst knowing the calorie content of what your eating.. its your right!
Well that could be said for most things that are illegal and/or controlled.

Unfortunately when it comes to health matters, all of us Canadians should care and have a say as we all pay for each other.
Beans, beans, the magically fruit. The more you eat, the more you toot. The more you toot, the better you feel. So eat your beans at every meal.