Expired Hot Deals

[McDonalds] Ontario Only: Free Medium fries from McDonald's when Raptors score 12+ 3-pointers

Nov 9, 2013
684 posts
766 upvotes
Scarborough
The free fries were tasting oh so much more tastier today, savouring, relishing and revelling in joy of a championship brought home by the Raptors!!! Had them with a McDouble and $1 large drink in true RFD'er fashion, as usual.

MEGA THANKS to this great team that the Toronto Raptors assembled along with McDonald's for giving us so many free fries all season long and all the way into the championship clinching game for the team!!! Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Oh what a time it is to be a Torontonian and a Canadian!!! Haven't had this kind of excitement since the '93 playoff runs of the Jays and Leafs.

Now We The North are We The Defending Champions!!!!! So pumped for next season already!!! Hope Kawhi finds enough incentive to stick around to make this great team into a dynasty like the team they defeated in the Warriors to win it all.

LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!!
Last edited by Strafe1 on Jun 15th, 2019 8:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
24422 posts
4671 upvotes
Richard1986 wrote:
Jun 14th, 2019 4:40 pm
I don't think there's anybody more happier that the Raptors won than McDonald's Canada, lol.
Did it matter that much (to McD's) that they won? Either way the season was over soon and the promo was given whether they won or lost--it was on the # of a 3-pointers they scored in a game.

I came across some article talking about how many $$$ of fries McD's had given away in the promo; but that is considering the avg. reg. price of a medium fries I believe. Potatoes are at an all-time high of like 90 cents per lb, but that's still only 90c/lb. If we go by the actual cost of the fries given away, it's far lower. After soft drinks, the next thing they probably make the most money on, is fries. So the reg. price is pretty meaningless. Plus, think of how many people bought other items with their free fries orders meaning they likely made profit on those items and netted money overall. Sure there were people that just got their free fries (and multiples I'm sure) but those were probably mostly teens and ghetto superstars.
Dec 17, 2014
536 posts
91 upvotes
I don't think anyone guessed the Raptors would go this far.
What a run it has been. It's been a great promo but it's now time to start my diet.

Let's see if they bring it back next year. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Aug 25, 2006
728 posts
98 upvotes
I know most went into McD just for the free fries (including me) but wondering if McD would put in the stats of how much more did people spend?

Free fries are like those "loss leader" at other stores, hoping you come in and spend more on other products.

I think they came out ahead.

Now they need to bring back the promotion glasses with the Raptors logo and I think they will have a winner!
May 12, 2012
463 posts
341 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
xcell wrote:
Jun 15th, 2019 8:23 am
I know most went in to McD just for the free fries (including me) but wondering if McD would put in the stats of how much more did people spend?

Free fries are like those "loss leader" at other stores, hopeing you come in and spend more on other products.

I think they came out ahead.

Now they need to bring back the promotion glasses with the Raptors logo and I think they will have a winner!
Would be curious too. However, the objective was not to have people spend upfront but to install the app. There was an article published that stated they lost about 5.8m in sales because of the fries (probably around 500k in actual costs). But reps stated that overall, the campaign was a success as their app saw so many more downloads.
Apr 14, 2017
470 posts
420 upvotes
chrl120 wrote:
Jun 15th, 2019 8:16 am
I don't think anyone guessed the Raptors would go this far.
What a run it has been. It's been a great promo but it's now time to start my diet.

Let's see if they bring it back next year. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
They signed the agreement for 3 years:
http://www.adnews.com/38241
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
4145 posts
373 upvotes
Mississauga
pny128 wrote:
Jun 15th, 2019 8:26 am
They signed the agreement for 3 years:
http://www.adnews.com/38241
I hope this is true because its one of the greatest promotions that McDonalds has ever had and it would be great for it to come back next season. :)
Strafe1 wrote:
Jun 14th, 2019 4:24 am
You've gotta change your signature on your posts now! Winking Face
Done! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Not all Toronto sports teams are cursed!! Toronto Raptors 2019 NBA Champs! :D
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2017
1703 posts
594 upvotes
Is it just me, or did the fries taste even more delicious this time around :D
Apr 14, 2017
470 posts
420 upvotes
MyNameWasTaken wrote:
Jun 15th, 2019 11:17 am
With so many of orders there was no time for them to get stale, so you would always get a fresh batch.
Nov 9, 2013
684 posts
766 upvotes
Scarborough
MaximDude wrote:
Jun 15th, 2019 10:04 am
Done! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
THANK YOU, AND THANK YOU WORLD CHAMPION TORONTO RAPTORS!!!
Nov 9, 2013
684 posts
766 upvotes
Scarborough
MyNameWasTaken wrote:
Jun 15th, 2019 11:17 am
With that added sweet taste of glorious and rejoicing jubilation! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Apr 11, 2007
733 posts
339 upvotes
Montreal
off topic,

are mcdonalds bringing back the COKE GLASS this year???
Dec 31, 2008
288 posts
204 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Anyone else having free french fry withdrawal?