• Last Updated:
  • Sep 25th, 2006 10:11 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Oct 7, 2005
521 posts

Mcdonalds Poutine

When I traveled to Quebec last summer I noticed McDonalds sells poutine and it tasted awesome. Why doesn't McDonalds Ontario sell
poutine?
26 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2005
9916 posts
22 upvotes
Maybe it wouldn;t be such a big seller over here?
In Every Heart Red Strength, Our Hearts Are Many, Our Strength Your Envy
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2004
2171 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
kinggori wrote:When I traveled to Quebec last summer I noticed McDonalds sells poutine and it tasted awesome. Why doesn't McDonalds Ontario sell
poutine?
I think they do :confused: I remember having Poutine at McD's 'coz i found a strand of hair in it :-0 ... the employees freaked out thinking I was gonna make a big deal out of it but I just asked for another one ....
[OP]
Oct 7, 2005
521 posts
sshe11 wrote:I think they do :confused: I remember having Poutine at McD's 'coz i found a strand of hair in it :-0 ... the employees freaked out thinking I was gonna make a big deal out of it but I just asked for another one ....

that's disgusting > :( You should have made a big deal out of it .
and you managed to eat another one? :confused:
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2005
1124 posts
4 upvotes
All of McDonald's Canada use to sell poutines. Sold them for about 6 months, then discontinued them from a lack of interest.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2005
3735 posts
2273 upvotes
Toronto
kinggori wrote:When I traveled to Quebec last summer I noticed McDonalds sells poutine and it tasted awesome. Why doesn't McDonalds Ontario sell
poutine?
Yeah, they had poutine in Ontario a few years back. They were really quite bad(next to no gravy, and not enough cheese) and the portion was very small. Maybe the McDonalds' poutine in Quebec is different?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2006
6219 posts
194 upvotes
at least one McDonalds in Ottawa had it for a long time after it disappeared from the rest. Burger king still has it!
Oct 12, 2004
659 posts
1 upvote
Seriously,

Image removed.

Poo-teen :lol:
*Disclaimer: To all offended by first pic, relax, it's a fake turd :lol:
Feb 3, 2005
957 posts
they had it around 2001 or 2002. As someone already mentioned, portion was really tiny, they put it in a cup and added just a small bit of gravy and cheese. I think it was the equivalent of the small fries they sell in terms of size.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2004
5811 posts
30 upvotes
yeah...the cheese was really plastic-y, and the gravy wasn't hot enough to melt the cheese... if you want real poutine get it elsewhere

quebec probably has a better standard for this stuff, but not where I had it.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4334 posts
80 upvotes
GTA
Booger King Pootine is great.
Jan 3, 2005
97 posts
i had it once...the cheese was cold and the gravy was gunky...it tasted horrible!

new york frie's poutine is the bestttt :)
Apr 4, 2005
932 posts
3 upvotes
Markham
agreed NYF has one of the best poutines around.
× < >