Food & Drink

McDonald's raises prices again

• Last Updated:
  • May 17th, 2019 6:21 am
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
2988 posts
1138 upvotes
Wasn't it nice that prices never went up before the minimum wage increase? Those were the good old days.
Current cell plans:
Fido $15 3gb
Koodo $40 for 5GB Public Mobile migration plan.

Affordable wireless is possible, just takes some creativity.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
14671 posts
2738 upvotes
Toronto
dgnr8 wrote:
Aug 25th, 2018 10:15 pm
Wasn't it nice that prices never went up before the minimum wage increase? Those were the good old days.
Prices went up no matter what.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
2988 posts
1138 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Aug 25th, 2018 11:09 pm
Prices went up no matter what.
Thank you. I'm glad some people realize that.
Current cell plans:
Fido $15 3gb

Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
4467 posts
1568 upvotes
dgnr8 wrote:
Aug 25th, 2018 11:23 pm
Thank you. I'm glad some people realize that.
The increases have been amplified because of the increase in minimum wage and the crappy Canadian Dollar.

The increase is felt by more people because the majority didn't get a 23% increase in the amount they make.

We are no longer in the 1970s where workers routinely got 10% raises for "meh" performance. This is why more and more people complain about price increases.

If everyone got a raise of more than 23% than they probably don't care about the rising cost of a Cheeseburger.

Personally, from working I make the same in 2018 as I did in 2004. So, I definitely feel the added cost of things.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
2988 posts
1138 upvotes
renoldman wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 11:47 am
The increases have been amplified because of the increase in minimum wage and the crappy Canadian Dollar.

The increase is felt by more people because the majority didn't get a 23% increase in the amount they make.

We are no longer in the 1970s where workers routinely got 10% raises for "meh" performance. This is why more and more people complain about price increases.

If everyone got a raise of more than 23% than they probably don't care about the rising cost of a Cheeseburger.

Personally, from working I make the same in 2018 as I did in 2004. So, I definitely feel the added cost of things.
Minimum wage is clearly the problem: https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/ceo-in ... -1.4462496

Ultimately it is easier for people to punch down than punch up. That's why we are fighting for the crumbs while corporations make huge profits.
Current cell plans:
Fido $15 3gb

Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2017
2176 posts
813 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
Solution. Don't buy except wen you have a coupon and/or it's on sale (preferably both though very difficult to get). And what's more, make your own. My wife and I are amazed at how much we can eat when we bu decent quality ground beef on sale. Have yet to make buns (we get these at the thrift stores).
Almost too cheap to shop through RFD
Jan 13, 2017
107 posts
32 upvotes
No McD big mac combo coupons for a few months so far. ............
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
10399 posts
1174 upvotes
Vancouver
renoldman wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 11:47 am

No kidding! Our wages certainly don’t go up nearly as much as the necessities of life, hydro,rent etc. It’s ridiculous.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
6826 posts
3982 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
thriftshopper wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 11:56 am
Solution. Don't buy except wen you have a coupon and/or it's on sale (preferably both though very difficult to get). And what's more, make your own. My wife and I are amazed at how much we can eat when we bu decent quality ground beef on sale. Have yet to make buns (we get these at the thrift stores).
Well obviously you can make your own burgers. You seriously think when I'm going through a drive-through it is because I have time to go home and make my own burger? We are talking about an occasional thing here.
Feb 16, 2018
507 posts
457 upvotes
thriftshopper wrote:
Aug 25th, 2018 7:20 pm
Labour cost is only fraction of fast food costs so I don't buy the price increase excuse. Have to increase profit for the franchise holders and McD shareholders.
Actually, labour costs is the second largest cost a restaurant faces, right behind food costs. It's definitely not a fraction of fast food costs
Feb 16, 2018
507 posts
457 upvotes
fattyburger11 wrote:
Aug 27th, 2018 8:30 pm
By definition, it is a fraction of fast food cost. The question is how big or small of a percentage of total costs. What he said was correct.
Really? Troll much?

What he said was technically correct, the context in how he meant it was not
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2017
2176 posts
813 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
fattyburger11 wrote:
Aug 27th, 2018 7:11 pm
I'm sure you and your wife make great burgers, but I highly doubt you can replicate the taste of McD at home. It's just not the same.
There might be a cult for McDs. Each to his/her own but I frankly don't get it. I much prefer a non-budget busting gourmet burger (which I have had in France).
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2017
2176 posts
813 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
fattyburger11 wrote:
Aug 27th, 2018 7:11 pm
I'm sure you and your wife make great burgers, but I highly doubt you can replicate the taste of McD at home. It's just not the same.
There might be a cult for McDs. Each to his/her own but I frankly don't get it. I much prefer a home-made or a non-budget busting gourmet burger (which I have had in France) to McDs or any other fast food burger (unless I have coupons - and even then I have let lots expire unused).