• Jan 12th, 2019 11:59 am
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2017
1300 posts
452 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
DiceMan wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2018 12:02 pm
Yesterday, my wife and I had dim sum at Landmark Seafood Cuisine. 20 with tip.
The week before that I went with my wife and son to Congee Queen and had a med bowl of congee and a chow mein. ~20.
A month ago my wife and I shared a lamb roti dinner at Taste of the Islands (Caribbean place) - totally stuffed. 17.
Had 7.99 ea for 2 pizza deal at Domino's. About 19.

There are so many other alternatives than McDonald's that are the same price or cheaper and, in my opinion of course, much more satisfying. I often wonder why I go other than my son likes it due to the McD's brainwashing.
Except for Domino's, you don't have to contribute to the profits of both the franchisee and McD's shareholders.

Too many are brain-washed by the power of branding.
Almost too cheap to shop through RFD
Mar 11, 2016
16 posts
8 upvotes
Yes that was coupon price. Remember that minimum wage is $14.00 and that accounts for increases. If you get the Mcdonalds app. You can also save!
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
4266 posts
1317 upvotes
fattyburger11 wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2018 4:06 pm
The only good deal I got from McD was the $1 big macs.

Otherwise, if I have to spend $10 then it's not worth it. Mind you I will need 2 burgers at the bare minimum. So it often raises the cost above $10 in order to satisfy me. On the other hand, $10 gets you through the door of Pizza Hut lunch buffet.
Calling 2 pizza choices, a salad and 1 pasta with 1 dessert a buffet is rather generous.

Yes, I have had it. It's alright. Just limited choice.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13593 posts
2306 upvotes
Toronto
Interesting thought: If McDonald's still has the $5 McDouble combo, you can order that, then order a second McDouble. Create a double McDouble (or whatever you want to call it) and the total price is STILL cheaper than ordering a Big Mac combo.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
5140 posts
519 upvotes
Scarborough
Did the filet fish combo go up in price recently ?? Damn if it did. Even the sandwich is like expensive for its small size
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13593 posts
2306 upvotes
Toronto
apnayloags wrote:
Sep 9th, 2018 6:14 pm
Did the filet fish combo go up in price recently ?? Damn if it did. Even the sandwich is like expensive for its small size
The coupon went up. It's now $6.29 for the combo.
Jul 21, 2007
133 posts
13 upvotes
Amherstburg
McDouble now $2.29??

Over $2... I'm done with McDonald's now.
Banned
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8472 upvotes
GTHA
playnicee1 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 12:30 pm
Where do you get $2.29 from?
The price is now $2, not $2.29: https://canadify.com/2019/01/04/mcdonal ... xDnMhraXHE
The My McD's app may charge more for the McDouble...

from https://www.narcity.com/news/mcdonalds- ... -in-canada

Even though the items themselves haven't necessarily changed, some of the prices might have. For example, since it's on the new McPicks menu the McDouble clearly costs less than $2 but on their mobile app, McDonald's has it listed at $2.24.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
9435 posts
838 upvotes
Vancouver
Domobomb wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 12:22 pm
McDouble now $2.29??

Over $2... I'm done with McDonald's now.
Just grab double cheeseburger $1.89
Jul 6, 2008
790 posts
177 upvotes
London
Isnt the new mcpicks $2 cheese burger? not a mcdouble?
Mar 8, 2007
408 posts
547 upvotes
tk1000 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 12:41 pm
The My McD's app may charge more for the McDouble...

from https://www.narcity.com/news/mcdonalds- ... -in-canada

Even though the items themselves haven't necessarily changed, some of the prices might have. For example, since it's on the new McPicks menu the McDouble clearly costs less than $2 but on their mobile app, McDonald's has it listed at $2.24.
starting a little before new year's all the mcd's I go to in the greater toronto area charge 2.29 for mcdouble. While there are mcpick posters up at all of these locations none of them actually say what is on the mcpick menu - and the store and drive thru menu's don't list the mcpick items either. I don't understand mcdonalds' marketing (the mcpick thing is clearly a riff off of the USA marketing - > which was done to replace the dollar menu in USA but its implemented poorly imo)

but hey i'm also complaining about discount mcd menu items so what do i know :)
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13593 posts
2306 upvotes
Toronto
silenthunder wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 12:56 pm
starting a little before new year's all the mcd's I go to in the greater toronto area charge 2.29 for mcdouble. While there are mcpick posters up at all of these locations none of them actually say what is on the mcpick menu - and the store and drive thru menu's don't list the mcpick items either. I don't understand mcdonalds' marketing (the mcpick thing is clearly a riff off of the USA marketing - > which was done to replace the dollar menu in USA but its implemented poorly imo)

but hey i'm also complaining about discount mcd menu items so what do i know :)
Billboard ads show the price of the McDouble. Take a pic if you see the bus poster ad (or billboard ad)
Show it at your local McDonald's.
Jan 9, 2019
1 posts
In GTA the Jr chicken, sausage mcmuffin, and cheeseburger are $1.99, the McDouble is now $2.29.