• Last Updated:
  • May 17th, 2019 6:21 am
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
5197 posts
2164 upvotes
ephemera wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 6:08 pm
Just got the $2 big mac mobile deal. That was the best price for a big mac in a LONG time.

I noticed that they prepare the sandwiches with their BARE HANDS. Is this normal practice? They pull the beef patties out of the filing drawer with tongs, then use their fingers to put it on the bun. Why even waste your time with the tongs?
the meat is greasy the lettuce isn't. They're been using their hands to prepare sandwiches since the dawn of time. I bet you haven't seen some employees empty out the trash and without washing their hands touch the food. Or more commonly they mop the floor and prepare your food without washing their hands. So typical.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
2978 posts
1362 upvotes
Mississauga
tk1000 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 1:35 pm
I did not take a picture since I was driving past them, I thought they said the McDouble was excluded.
wtf, how'd you get banned?
I love RFD! :)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
6816 posts
3976 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
ephemera wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 6:08 pm
Just got the $2 big mac mobile deal. That was the best price for a big mac in a LONG time.

I noticed that they prepare the sandwiches with their BARE HANDS. Is this normal practice? They pull the beef patties out of the filing drawer with tongs, then use their fingers to put it on the bun. Why even waste your time with the tongs?
Yes, it is totally normal for food prep to be done with hands.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
4466 posts
1568 upvotes
yo2boy wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 10:59 am
wtf, how'd you get banned?
I once aired my opinion that RFD should disclose paid posters to the forum at large.

But if they did that, users could simply block those that are paid to post.

The user you quoted rarely if ever beefed with anyone publicly so a ban for poor forums behavior makes little sense.

But, what if the forums (or rather the company that owns them) decided to lay off paid posters?

Would they want the former staff to have the ability to badmouth current management? Not likely.

So, as a course of action they could Ban the user ID and lay off the paid poster.

Here's the thing. If I am right, what are the chances they will let this post stay up? If I am wrong, how long will this off-topic post stand?

I think in 2019, people ought to know that there might be paid posters on a forum. But again, it's not in the forum owners best interest for us to know.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
14664 posts
2736 upvotes
Toronto
renoldman wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 9:51 am
I once aired my opinion that RFD should disclose paid posters to the forum at large.

But if they did that, users could simply block those that are paid to post.

The user you quoted rarely if ever beefed with anyone publicly so a ban for poor forums behavior makes little sense.

But, what if the forums (or rather the company that owns them) decided to lay off paid posters?

Would they want the former staff to have the ability to badmouth current management? Not likely.

So, as a course of action they could Ban the user ID and lay off the paid poster.

Here's the thing. If I am right, what are the chances they will let this post stay up? If I am wrong, how long will this off-topic post stand?

I think in 2019, people ought to know that there might be paid posters on a forum. But again, it's not in the forum owners best interest for us to know.
You always think there are paid posters when that might not be the case. How do you know that person didn't have two accounts?
Jul 30, 2008
26 posts
12 upvotes
I noticed a couple weeks back that all the Mcdonalds locations in my area closed a long standing kiosk and cashier loop hole for the buy one breakfast sandwich get one free mailer coupon. The system would allow the paid item to be the low cost sausage (no egg) mcmuffin from the value menu and the free item to be any breakfast sandwich, even if it was of greater value. Have other's noticed the same in their areas?
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
14664 posts
2736 upvotes
Toronto
kyleproject wrote:
Jan 24th, 2019 10:36 pm
I noticed a couple weeks back that all the Mcdonalds locations in my area closed a long standing kiosk and cashier loop hole for the buy one breakfast sandwich get one free mailer coupon. The system would allow the paid item to be the low cost sausage (no egg) mcmuffin from the value menu and the free item to be any breakfast sandwich, even if it was of greater value. Have other's noticed the same in their areas?
Also, sometimes the price goes up on the menu, but somehow someone forgot to raise the kiosk price.
I sometimes wonder if the kiosk pricing is corporate controlled while the cash register pricing is franchise controlled. lol
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
2446 posts
2408 upvotes
The side result of the min. wage hike in Ontario was that 5% of my discretionary budget that went towards eating out become 0%.

Just a few days ago I was picking up McDonalds for a few colleagues at work and was SHOCKED to see that a mcnugget meal was approaching $10. That's ridiculous.
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
14664 posts
2736 upvotes
Toronto
angryaudifanatic wrote:
Jan 26th, 2019 9:27 pm
Just a few days ago I was picking up McDonalds for a few colleagues at work and was SHOCKED to see that a mcnugget meal was approaching $10. That's ridiculous.
Use the coupons or the app. https://www4.mcdonalds.ca/coupons/ has a 6 piece chicken Mcnugget combo for $6.29. (until February 3rd 2019 in Ontario)
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
4466 posts
1568 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 11:59 am
You always think there are paid posters when that might not be the case. How do you know that person didn't have two accounts?
It's possible.

It's just that a lot of the posts made by that user were of a newsbot or ad copy nature. Making it seem like they weren't really personal opinions, but more corporate paid ones.

For the record, based on postings made, I also believe playnicee1 is more or less a social media brand manager for hire. That is to say they post to give businesses certain exposure and hopefully influence what is thought/believed about brands. Honestly, you do help with things, it's just that sometimes it appears to be that you are mandated/paid to speak on something.

I am more interested in having people aware of these types of individuals being out there.

I just think that people ought to know that sometimes a personal recommendation is more of a paid for recommendation.
Jul 6, 2008
926 posts
221 upvotes
GTA
Got free fries, $1 coffee and $2 nuggets yesterday.. what a value :)
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
14664 posts
2736 upvotes
Toronto
renoldman wrote:
Jan 27th, 2019 11:16 am
It's possible.

It's just that a lot of the posts made by that user were of a newsbot or ad copy nature. Making it seem like they weren't really personal opinions, but more corporate paid ones.

For the record, based on postings made, I also believe playnicee1 is more or less a social media brand manager for hire. That is to say they post to give businesses certain exposure and hopefully influence what is thought/believed about brands. Honestly, you do help with things, it's just that sometimes it appears to be that you are mandated/paid to speak on something.

I am more interested in having people aware of these types of individuals being out there.

I just think that people ought to know that sometimes a personal recommendation is more of a paid for recommendation.
I've never been paid a cent and no one has approached me requesting that I speak of their business.
There's no shilling going on. If I like something I speak highly of it. If I do not I will say something. (with no fear of losing any job or anything)
That's how I roll.
Like that time when I said nice things about a certain bubble tea place, then turned around and complained about how they're stingy on the tapioca.
Such a shame too because I really did like their bubble tea taste better than other places.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2906 posts
1212 upvotes
Waterloo
Random question: when you get a combo are you able to substitute the pop with some other beverage?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
6816 posts
3976 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
crystallight wrote:
Feb 1st, 2019 3:25 pm
Random question: when you get a combo are you able to substitute the pop with some other beverage?
Yes you can.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2906 posts
1212 upvotes
Waterloo
Chickinvic wrote:
Feb 1st, 2019 4:12 pm
Yes you can.
With what exactly? I know pop only costs them pennies so I doubt you can substitute it for something like milk which costs them way more.