Food & Drink

McDonald's raises prices again

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2019 11:59 am
Jan 9, 2019
1 posts
In GTA the Jr chicken, sausage mcmuffin, and cheeseburger are $1.99, the McDouble is now $2.29.
Jan 9, 2019
1 posts
In GTA the Jr chicken, sausage mcmuffin, and cheeseburger are $1.99, the McDouble is now $2.29.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13580 posts
2305 upvotes
Toronto
Chickinvic wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 1:00 pm
It costs $2.29 here in Ottawa.
That's not the advertised price though...unless ads are different in different parts of Ontario.
There are some billboard ads here in Toronto advertising a $2 price.
Banned
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8469 upvotes
GTHA
playnicee1 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 1:31 pm
That's not the advertised price though...unless ads are different in different parts of Ontario.
I did not take a picture since I was driving past them, I thought they said the McDouble was excluded.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
5849 posts
3023 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
playnicee1 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 1:31 pm
It has been pricy here for awhile. I used to get 2 McDoubles for like $3.78 or something up to a year or so ago, then it was suddenly over $5 for the same order.
Oct 8, 2005
108 posts
26 upvotes
Longueuil
Chickinvic wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 1:45 pm
It has been pricy here for awhile. I used to get 2 McDoubles for like $3.78 or something up to a year or so ago, then it was suddenly over $5 for the same order.
Same at the McD's by my work place, in Montreal's east end, for more than a year: McDouble $2.29, Double Cheeseburger $2.69, Egg McMuffin with meat $4.09.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2005
3899 posts
199 upvotes
Just got the $2 big mac mobile deal. That was the best price for a big mac in a LONG time.

I noticed that they prepare the sandwiches with their BARE HANDS. Is this normal practice? They pull the beef patties out of the filing drawer with tongs, then use their fingers to put it on the bun. Why even waste your time with the tongs?
Ephemera

Member since 2005.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
3654 posts
1375 upvotes
ephemera wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 6:08 pm
Just got the $2 big mac mobile deal. That was the best price for a big mac in a LONG time.

I noticed that they prepare the sandwiches with their BARE HANDS. Is this normal practice? They pull the beef patties out of the filing drawer with tongs, then use their fingers to put it on the bun. Why even waste your time with the tongs?
the meat is greasy the lettuce isn't. They're been using their hands to prepare sandwiches since the dawn of time. I bet you haven't seen some employees empty out the trash and without washing their hands touch the food. Or more commonly they mop the floor and prepare your food without washing their hands. So typical.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
2614 posts
1048 upvotes
Mississauga
tk1000 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 1:35 pm
I did not take a picture since I was driving past them, I thought they said the McDouble was excluded.
wtf, how'd you get banned?
I love RFD! :)

Model 3 reservation holder
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
5849 posts
3023 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
ephemera wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 6:08 pm

Yes, it is totally normal for food prep to be done with hands.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
4264 posts
1317 upvotes
yo2boy wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 10:59 am
wtf, how'd you get banned?
I once aired my opinion that RFD should disclose paid posters to the forum at large.

But if they did that, users could simply block those that are paid to post.

The user you quoted rarely if ever beefed with anyone publicly so a ban for poor forums behavior makes little sense.

But, what if the forums (or rather the company that owns them) decided to lay off paid posters?

Would they want the former staff to have the ability to badmouth current management? Not likely.

So, as a course of action they could Ban the user ID and lay off the paid poster.

Here's the thing. If I am right, what are the chances they will let this post stay up? If I am wrong, how long will this off-topic post stand?

I think in 2019, people ought to know that there might be paid posters on a forum. But again, it's not in the forum owners best interest for us to know.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13580 posts
2305 upvotes
Toronto
renoldman wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 9:51 am
I once aired my opinion that RFD should disclose paid posters to the forum at large.

But if they did that, users could simply block those that are paid to post.

The user you quoted rarely if ever beefed with anyone publicly so a ban for poor forums behavior makes little sense.

But, what if the forums (or rather the company that owns them) decided to lay off paid posters?

Would they want the former staff to have the ability to badmouth current management? Not likely.

So, as a course of action they could Ban the user ID and lay off the paid poster.

Here's the thing. If I am right, what are the chances they will let this post stay up? If I am wrong, how long will this off-topic post stand?

I think in 2019, people ought to know that there might be paid posters on a forum. But again, it's not in the forum owners best interest for us to know.
You always think there are paid posters when that might not be the case. How do you know that person didn't have two accounts?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)