• Oct 20th, 2017 8:52 am
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2008
9414 posts
1181 upvotes
Toronto
MrWhiteCoffee wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 10:02 am
So due to rising food costs.. prices went up ..then workers need more money to buy food! I blame rising food costs on conservatives as they were in power and they allowed it to go up but not wages! /S lol

Haha
Whutt.. The Liberals here in Ontario who control the minimum were in power for 12+ years. No Conservatives baby. They kept the wages low.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
11061 posts
1500 upvotes
Toronto
at1212b wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 10:13 am
Whutt.. The Liberals here in Ontario who control the minimum were in power for 12+ years. No Conservatives baby. They kept the wages low.
Conservatives kept wages at $6.85 for way too long...didn't matter what was going up in price around you...still sat at $6.85.
Thirsty? In a small town? Enjoy the tap water...right Walkerton? (at least 4 dead, many violently ill) Oh I could go on and on...Conservatives are worse than the Liberals ANY day!!!
Never EVER vote for another party just because the current party screwed up.
You can and will go from the fire pit into the fire with the Conservatives.
(Maybe give green party a chance or vote NDP...)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2008
9414 posts
1181 upvotes
Toronto
playnicee1 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 11:21 am
Conservatives kept wages at $6.85 for way too long...didn't matter what was going up in price around you...still sat at $6.85.
Thirsty? In a small town? Enjoy the tap water...right Walkerton? (at least 4 dead, many violently ill) Oh I could go on and on...Conservatives are worse than the Liberals ANY day!!!
They ain't no saints.. they screwed up so bad.. we've gotten 14 years of the Liberals! Either way,.. the Liberals deserve the 'blame' for whatever happens now. Including the rise in good ol Mickie Ds.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
11061 posts
1500 upvotes
Toronto
at1212b wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 2:02 pm
They ain't no saints.. they screwed up so bad.. we've gotten 14 years of the Liberals! Either way,.. the Liberals deserve the 'blame' for whatever happens now. Including the rise in good ol Mickie Ds.
That doesn't change the idea that Conservative is not the way to go. Conservatives will mess us up...not just more...A LOT more.
Dec 15, 2013
835 posts
176 upvotes
C A N A D A
playnicee1 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 11:21 am
Uhh.... Ontario has some of the highest taxes around.... and has one of the biggest sub sovereign debts on the planet...... after this much liberal power.... you are saying conservatives are worse than the liberals? WOW. They aren't doing anything to better the situation. They are increasing wages to give people a false sense of hope that won't change anything.

McD's does a good job keeping prices low for as along as they can.
Jul 13, 2017
38 posts
10 upvotes
Just go for the old standby (assuming it's close by AND you have membership) cheap lunch - Costco $1.50 soda & hot dog....your arteries will blame you later.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
11061 posts
1500 upvotes
Toronto
GhostBusters wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 5:18 pm
Uhh.... Ontario has some of the highest taxes around...
UHHH higher taxes? TTC was only $1.30 cash fare before Mike Harris took over-instantly, the fare went to $2. Thanks Mike Harris!! (and that's just a warm up for my rant-I wish people would think twice before voting conservative)
Be careful what you wish for. Conservatives are very good at being illusionists more so than the liberals, and they have Mike Harris to back that up.
Eventually in life you have to pay the Piper whether you like it or not.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
8165 posts
594 upvotes
Toronto
I don't get how people can eat there so much, I could go to a store and get a pizza not on sale for less than a meal at mcdonalds... and it's better.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
7982 posts
1231 upvotes
Swswswish wrote:
Oct 8th, 2017 7:23 pm
Yep... I used to get both for less than $3. now it's $4...

Anticipatory for min wage increase?
100%

All fast food places will be raising prices slowly.

My wife raised prices a little last month for her party business and she will raise them a little more in January / February. Higher wages aren't free.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
7982 posts
1231 upvotes
XtremeModder wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 11:37 pm
I don't get how people can eat there so much, I could go to a store and get a pizza not on sale for less than a meal at mcdonalds... and it's better.
Apples and oranges. Can't eat pizza every day.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
7982 posts
1231 upvotes
GhostBusters wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 5:18 pm
Uhh.... Ontario has some of the highest taxes around.... and has one of the biggest sub sovereign debts on the planet...... after this much liberal power.... you are saying conservatives are worse than the liberals? WOW. They aren't doing anything to better the situation. They are increasing wages to give people a false sense of hope that won't change anything.

McD's does a good job keeping prices low for as along as they can.
Costs of operating in Ontario are very high. High taxes, labor and power. Government doesn't get it and Ontario should be booming right now. It's not.

McDonalds is still pricey vs. BK but ya.. they still have some decent value menu stuff and their app has good deals.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
8165 posts
594 upvotes
Toronto
kool1 wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 12:31 pm
Apples and oranges. Can't eat pizza every day.
I know, personally I've gotten more cautious about what I eat lately. Trying to stay on a healthy track myself. Maybe once in awhile McD's is fine, but I see people at work with it quite literally every single day.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
11061 posts
1500 upvotes
Toronto
kool1 wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 12:27 pm
Higher wages aren't free.
The real problem here is, a successful business should be able to handle $12/hr when the wage is $11.60, (without raising prices) but $14/hr makes even myself find trouble trying to dispute your point.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2008
9414 posts
1181 upvotes
Toronto
playnicee1 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 10:35 pm
UHHH higher taxes? TTC was only $1.30 cash fare before Mike Harris took over-instantly, the fare went to $2. Thanks Mike Harris!! (and that's just a warm up for my rant-I wish people would think twice before voting conservative)
Be careful what you wish for. Conservatives are very good at being illusionists more so than the liberals, and they have Mike Harris to back that up.
Eventually in life you have to pay the Piper whether you like it or not.
Well we had to pay the Piper to the TTC as Ontario was sinking in its credit rating which is why they offloaded anything (especially the TTC) they could to do the city. Thank NDP and the recession for that. It's like calling your parents evil for making you take that nasty cold medicine.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
7379 posts
1252 upvotes
I just hope McD will not subsidies the ON employees wages by increasing the prices Canada wide. I hope they only increase the prices in ON to pay for the new minimum wage. You ON people elected Waynne, have fun with her and make sure you elect her again I guess

And of course this does not go only for McD