• Aug 1st, 2018 3:26 pm
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12400 posts
416 upvotes
MrWhiteCoffee wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 8:50 am
It didn't go up yet

And when prices didn't go up in past decade when min wage didn't go up? What? It didn't happen? Still went up? Lol
It just went up a bit on October 1st. Minimum wage did go up in the past decade and so did prices
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
Rehan wrote:
Nov 13th, 2009 4:04 pm
All of you shut your mouths and leave the OP alone.
Banned
Dec 28, 2015
614 posts
238 upvotes
Westmount, QC
Siefer999 wrote:
Oct 14th, 2017 11:04 am
It just went up a bit on October 1st. Minimum wage did go up in the past decade and so did prices
How come in places where there's no min wage increase prices went up too? And prices here increased more than min wage?
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12400 posts
416 upvotes
MrWhiteCoffee wrote:
Oct 14th, 2017 12:23 pm
How come in places where there's no min wage increase prices went up too? And prices here increased more than min wage?
Prices go up every year. Beef prices have went up. Pork prices have gone up. Everything has gone up. It's nothing new. It's nothing special. At the same time people always act surprised when I happens. Back in my day a loaf of bread was a dollar (true story) and today its pushing $3, or 2 when it's on sale.

Tim Hortons raised the price of their small coffee by two cents and their medium by six or 8 cents and people make it out to be the end of the world. McDonalds will do the same. Except more to come until the rest of the year and then a bigger jump in January. It's happening.

I'm sure prices in Ontario will be more than provinces with lower minimum wages (*except for nationally advertised promotions such as their value menu).
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
Rehan wrote:
Nov 13th, 2009 4:04 pm
All of you shut your mouths and leave the OP alone.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
28630 posts
2063 upvotes
Winnipeg
MrWhiteCoffee wrote:
Oct 14th, 2017 9:24 am
Yet big power consumption business are locating to Ontario
that's cause ontario used to be the manufacturing base, but they been leaving in droves.
Dec 15, 2013
888 posts
208 upvotes
North of Toronto
playnicee1 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 10:35 pm
UHHH higher taxes? TTC was only $1.30 cash fare before Mike Harris took over-instantly, the fare went to $2. Thanks Mike Harris!! (and that's just a warm up for my rant-I wish people would think twice before voting conservative)
Be careful what you wish for. Conservatives are very good at being illusionists more so than the liberals, and they have Mike Harris to back that up.
Eventually in life you have to pay the Piper whether you like it or not.
Not disagreeing with you in terms of eventually you need to pay. You do. Happens everywhere.

However, only a sheep would peddle for the Liberals. I am not saying Conservatives are amazing. However, after how badly the liberal party has been for this province and country. It's time for a change. You saying Conservatives are worse and then bring up Mike Harris. Uhh... that was a long time ago. You need to start living in the now and look into the future. A positive future is not Liberal at this point. It would take the conservatives a few terms to dismantle what the Liberals have done. More then 4 years.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
12981 posts
2042 upvotes
Toronto
GhostBusters wrote:
Oct 14th, 2017 2:46 pm
I am not saying Conservatives are amazing. However, after how badly the liberal party has been for this province and country. It's time for a change. You saying Conservatives are worse and then bring up Mike Harris. Uhh... that was a long time ago. You need to start living in the now and look into the future. A positive future is not Liberal at this point. It would take the conservatives a few terms to dismantle what the Liberals have done. More then 4 years.
As I've said, an NDP minority will be the best way to go. We need balance. That's what the Liberals were supposed to be. They screwed up royally.
A good mix of NDP and conservative is balance. I just don't support the conservatives at all. Don't kid yourself. They ARE strictly for the wealthy while the middle and middle lower classes are treated like total trash. Conservatives have a much longer track record of it than NDP.
Here's an interesting fact for you: With the exception of the NDP, when Ontario is Liberal the federal has always been conservative and vice versa (as elections come up)
It's time for the NDP to have another chance, and yes, Bob Rae's NDP was an even longer time ago.

If you want something more current, ever notice how someone on welfare trying to better themselves through volunteering couldn't even claim the TTC tax break for saving the metropasses because they had no taxable income. (federal conservatives)
In Ontario, They get the SAME $100 for volunteering from the days when metropasses were $99.75. It did not increase since that time. a Metropass today is $146.25. (liberals are guilty of not helping that but you really have to be on drugs if you think the conservatives will raise the amount..."taxes are taxes...F that!!!" is exactly the way the conservatives think. If it's good for the wealthy, that is all that matters according to them and don't dare ever forget that...
(although, if I were the party leader in power I'd just give the metropass so the $100 can't be used or misused in any way.)

If you truly believe it's time for change, consider a protest vote NDP, not conservative...if you still want conservative, that's okay because I do want balance...but I hope we don't get a conservative majority in Ontario.
Dec 15, 2013
888 posts
208 upvotes
North of Toronto
playnicee1 wrote:
Oct 14th, 2017 9:15 pm
As I've said, an NDP minority will be the best way to go. We need balance. That's what the Liberals were supposed to be. They screwed up royally.
A good mix of NDP and conservative is balance. I just don't support the conservatives at all. Don't kid yourself. They ARE strictly for the wealthy while the middle and middle lower classes are treated like total trash. Conservatives have a much longer track record of it than NDP.
Here's an interesting fact for you: With the exception of the NDP, when Ontario is Liberal the federal has always been conservative and vice versa (as elections come up)
It's time for the NDP to have another chance, and yes, Bob Rae's NDP was an even longer time ago.

If you want something more current, ever notice how someone on welfare trying to better themselves through volunteering couldn't even claim the TTC tax break for saving the metropasses because they had no taxable income. (federal conservatives)
In Ontario, They get the SAME $100 for volunteering from the days when metropasses were $99.75. It did not increase since that time. a Metropass today is $146.25. (liberals are guilty of not helping that but you really have to be on drugs if you think the conservatives will raise the amount..."taxes are taxes...F that!!!" is exactly the way the conservatives think. If it's good for the wealthy, that is all that matters according to them and don't dare ever forget that...
(although, if I were the party leader in power I'd just give the metropass so the $100 can't be used or misused in any way.)

If you truly believe it's time for change, consider a protest vote NDP, not conservative...if you still want conservative, that's okay because I do want balance...but I hope we don't get a conservative majority in Ontario.
There's no doubt that the conservatives have made some bad decisions. I would agree with you that an NDP minority could work with the right leadership. At this point it would take a single party (whichever one) a few straight terms to fix the mess the country is in and the province is in. I could care less which party is at the end of the day because I don't peddle for any party. The problem with all 3 is they refuse to acknowledge big government is bad. Ontario is a joke when they start mentioning minimum income when the debt load is this high. The Ontario government needs to fix the electrical situation and enact laws that make it a priority. Businesses are leaving Ontario over this.

Either way, I think we both can agree on the fact that there's a lot of work to be done and hopefully it gets done.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
10901 posts
1328 upvotes
Markham
Just realized yesterday they jacked up the cheap sandwich prices, plus no more $1 Summer drinks = no more McDs. Simply not good value anymore.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
21282 posts
8095 upvotes
Ottawa
RolandCouch wrote:
Oct 15th, 2017 12:14 pm
Just realized yesterday they jacked up the cheap sandwich prices, plus no more $1 Summer drinks = no more McDs. Simply not good value anymore.
Just wait for coupon days.
That's generally the only time I'll eat McDonald's.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
12981 posts
2042 upvotes
Toronto
vkizzle wrote:
Oct 15th, 2017 8:39 pm
Just wait for coupon days.
That's generally the only time I'll eat McDonald's.
Or also, keep an eye on the app. New deals every week.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7975 posts
898 upvotes
Victoria
I also noticed they stopped selling the Jr. Bacon Ranch McChicken, and now it's just a Jr. McChicken...

I dunno.. I don't eat a lot of fast food, and the quality of McDonald's has been waning while the prices have been raising. We went there last week because the lineup at A&W was super long, but then I ate it, and regretted not waiting it out for a Mozza or Teen burger....
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
12981 posts
2042 upvotes
Toronto
zod wrote:
Oct 19th, 2017 3:22 pm
We went there last week because the lineup at A&W was super long, but then I ate it, and regretted not waiting it out for a Mozza or Teen burger....
Okay but what did you order?
A big mac does not compare to any A&W burger, but their Angus burger is pretty good.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
5399 posts
1182 upvotes
Montreal
kool1 wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 12:31 pm
Apples and oranges. Can't eat pizza every day.
Speak for yourself!
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
12981 posts
2042 upvotes
Toronto
psyko514 wrote:
Oct 19th, 2017 7:30 pm
Speak for yourself!
There is a variety of slices, but eventually there is a burn out rate for just eating the same food every day.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7975 posts
898 upvotes
Victoria
playnicee1 wrote:
Oct 19th, 2017 6:54 pm
Okay but what did you order?
A big mac does not compare to any A&W burger, but their Angus burger is pretty good.
Funny enough I ordered a Big Mac. I was feeling nostalgic and loved them as a kid. They don't really live up to the memory :(

I'm also not sure how it is out there, but the food quality of McDonald's seems to vary here. Some McD's are better than others.

I have tried the Angus Burger and it was pretty good. I want the McRib to come back, but maybe it's better left in my memory :)