McDonald's sauces coming to Canadian grocery shelves

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2018 10:54 am
Deal Fanatic
Jan 5, 2003
5068 posts
5010 upvotes
Toronto
It's featured in this week's Loblaws flyer, so it definitely should be available there.
Sep 22, 2009
290 posts
39 upvotes
Mississauga
No luck finding Big Mac sauce at all in Mississauga, picked up the McChicken and Filet-O-Fish sauces as consolation lol
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12805 posts
3477 upvotes
drc88 wrote: No luck finding Big Mac sauce at all in Mississauga, picked up the McChicken and Filet-O-Fish sauces as consolation lol
Just wait a month or so. It's like the French's ketchup. Fully stocked everywhere now. What happened to all the hoopla about using Canadian tomatoes?
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3488 upvotes
Victoria
joeyjoejoe wrote: Just wait a month or so. It's like the French's ketchup. Fully stocked everywhere now. What happened to all the hoopla about using Canadian tomatoes?
I'm not much of a Ketchup person. Sometimes I put it on a hamburger but not much else. I was all over the facebook thing and using french's ketchup. The problem is my better half, uses ketchup more often, and preferred Heinz, so the French's thing didn't last very long in our household.

I'm very much looking forward to McChicken Sauce in a store. That'll be be awesome to dip home made fries in :) btw I also disagree with posters that it's just mayo. It's sort of mayo but seems more like miracle whip with some added flavour.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12805 posts
3477 upvotes
zod wrote: I'm not much of a Ketchup person. Sometimes I put it on a hamburger but not much else. I was all over the facebook thing and using french's ketchup. The problem is my better half, uses ketchup more often, and preferred Heinz, so the French's thing didn't last very long in our household.

I'm very much looking forward to McChicken Sauce in a store. That'll be be awesome to dip home made fries in :) btw I also disagree with posters that it's just mayo. It's sort of mayo but seems more like miracle whip with some added flavour.
I will buy out the store if they sell Hot Mustard and BBQ! There was a time (maybe 5-8 years ago) when McDonald's had those pumps for McNugget sauces. I was in heaven as the McDonald's closest to me had both BBQ and Hot Mustard pumps. BBQ more so for fries, Hot Mustard for McNuggets.

Really, I would definitely buy McNugget sauces, but no more than a bottle of the 2 flavors mentioned. That'll last me well past their expiry, as I rarely make fries or nuggets at home. I'm not much of a fan of mayo or pickles, so definitely not getting any of the sandwich sauces.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3488 upvotes
Victoria
joeyjoejoe wrote: I will buy out the store if they sell Hot Mustard and BBQ! There was a time (maybe 5-8 years ago) when McDonald's had those pumps for McNugget sauces. I was in heaven as the McDonald's closest to me had both BBQ and Hot Mustard pumps. BBQ more so for fries, Hot Mustard for McNuggets.

Really, I would definitely buy McNugget sauces, but no more than a bottle of the 2 flavors mentioned. That'll last me well past their expiry, as I rarely make fries or nuggets at home. I'm not much of a fan of mayo or pickles, so definitely not getting any of the sandwich sauces.
I always liked the sweet n' sour nugget sauce. I'd buy that in a bottle.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
4782 posts
1326 upvotes
Richmond
Try rcss but last I checked they were sold out.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
Correct me if I'm wrong about this, but I thought Big Mac Sauce is just Thousand Island dressing.
- casual gastronomist -
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
12993 posts
8360 upvotes
In my area Zehrs and Walmart are sold out but Food Basics has a pallet of Mac sauce.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18224 posts
36610 upvotes
Scarborough
Jucius Maximus wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong about this, but I thought Big Mac Sauce is just Thousand Island dressing.

I managed to grab one bottle at Loblaws last week. They had at least a dozen on the shelf.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Sep 22, 2009
290 posts
39 upvotes
Mississauga
Nothing in the Erin Mills/Meadowvale area. Loblaws on Glen Erin/Eglinton had the McChicken and Filet-o-Fish when I checked today.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2003
2216 posts
480 upvotes
Toronto
Picked up the last bottle of Big Mac sauce last week at Superstore! Can't wait for the weather to get better so i can BBQ ::)
Aug 24, 2011
565 posts
590 upvotes
TORONTO
Good news for me cuz I'm more interested in the mcchicken and filet o fish sauce anyways
KFC Supremacist
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12807 posts
3837 upvotes
--
All I want is the mcchicken sauce, maybe the Big Mac one as well, I went to sobeys after work (11pm) and they didn't have any of them. Person stocking the shelves said they don't think they're carrying it yet cause he hasn't seen it at all yet.

I'll check RCSS tomorrow.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3488 upvotes
Victoria
They had all 3 flavours at my local Save On Foods today. Grabbed a McChicken one and a Big Mac One.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24224 posts
43247 upvotes
ONTARIO
Wait, McDonalds now sells their sauces in regular grocery stores? I had no idea. They should have been doing it for years though!
I would love to have a bottle of McChicken and Big Mac sauce at home.

I recently ordered a bottle of Sunpic Burger Sauce from Amazon. A lot of the reviews mention it tastes like mac sauce. While it's true, I found it's also a lot sweeter than mac sauce. Which after trying it once or twice, I got sick of right away. Now to find you can actually buy real mac sauce by the bottle, that's fantastic.

This makes me think of Popeyes and their dipping sauces. I have wishes for a while that Popeyes would sell their sauces by the bottle as well. I really love their Bayou Buffalo sauce.
Banned
Nov 21, 2009
2465 posts
1043 upvotes
It`s a great idea... now i`m just waiting for Popeyes to release their batter in stores so you can make your own chicken.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)