Food & Drink

McDonald's sauces coming to Canadian grocery shelves

• Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2017 1:02 pm
Sep 22, 2013
123 posts
35 upvotes
Giant Tiger at 2141 Kipling Ave, Etobicoke had both Big Mac and McChicken when I was there today!
Sep 22, 2009
237 posts
19 upvotes
Mississauga
Just got 2 bottles of Big Mac sauce from Metro at Meadowvale Town Centre. There's 7 left. They are at a stand in front of aisle 10.
Last edited by drc88 on May 6th, 2017 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
10435 posts
1354 upvotes
City of Vancouver
I noticed the Big Mac sauce ingredients list includes propylene glycol.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
1375 posts
162 upvotes
Woodbridge
I saw the McChicken and Filet-o-Fish sauces at Walmart on Hwy27 in Woodbridge. Picked up the McChicken. There were lots, probably 10 or so of each.

No Big Mac though, the label was there but shelf was empty. Crazy how people are buying just to auction off on ebay.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
21131 posts
2154 upvotes
Becks wrote:
May 6th, 2017 8:23 pm
I noticed the Big Mac sauce ingredients list includes propylene glycol.
Yeah so? Propylene glycol is added to a lot of foods, it's not harmful. You may be mistaking with ethylene glycol which is toxic. In fact the "pet safe" antifreezes on the market are made with PG instead of EG but really this is a waste of time as EG is superior as an anti-freeze and as long as you don't go pouring anti-freeze all over the place or have a car that has a leak, you're not really worried about antifreeze toxicity.

Anyway you'd have to consume a huge amount of PG for it to be harmful, but you could consume a huge amount of nearly anything and have it be harmful. PG appears in some ice creams and many frozen desserts as it lowers the freezing point so they're more soft and smooth (instead of becoming bricks in your freezer!). It's an irritant if you rub it in your eyes but I wouldn't imagine you'd be doing that with Mac sauce unless you're some kind of weirdo, lol.

Alcohol is far more harmful and people drink that all the time, often to excess.

PG aside, I always noticed the "McChicken Sauce" mayo is almost polymerised. That's one thing I really don't like at McD's and I'm basically a McD's addict! I try to always get "no mayo" on anything that comes with it. I've tried to wash it down the drain before and it's like it just doesn't work out very well. Before people say mayo is basically just oil itself and "oil and water don't mix", you have a point but mayo will still wash away, down the drain with relative ease. McChicken Sauce? Not so much. I'm not saying it's bad just based on that, but I just don't like it that much plus it's a ton of extra calories you can easily avoid.
Jan 13, 2017
4 posts
4 upvotes
Does anyone know where we can buy the Big Mac Sauce? What store? And the Filet-o-Fish sauce mmmm
Deal Guru
Jan 17, 2009
14634 posts
17718 upvotes
ONTARIO
niagarashopper wrote:
May 8th, 2017 7:35 am
Does anyone know where we can buy the Big Mac Sauce? What store? And the Filet-o-Fish sauce mmmm
Try Food Basics
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2005
4084 posts
143 upvotes
Peterborough
niagarashopper wrote:
May 8th, 2017 7:35 am
Saw the Fish sauce at Fortinos.
PSN ID: SaabFanatic
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
6761 posts
360 upvotes
Only found Filet sauce at Superstore, no McChicken or Mac Sauce. Bummer...
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
4723 posts
1411 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
Yesterday I picked up two bottles, the Big Mac & McChicken.
For those in the Tri-Cities area, Safeway stocks 'em.
There was literally a wall of it at the Lougheed Hwy & Westwood location in Coquitlam.

Last night I made a couple of MockChicken's by using Janes Pub Style Chicken Patties, Dempster's Deluxe Sesame Hamburger Buns, some shredded iceberg lettuce.....and this magic sauce.
It's didn't just taste "like" a McChicken.....it fuggin' was a McChicken.
Kudo's to Kraft & McDonald's, they NAILED it!

Gonna try a Big Mock tonight using some frozen Angus patties, triple bun (the same Dempster's ones), shredded iceberg lettuce, diced onion, a cheese slice....and the sauce.
The nice thing is I won't have to dig into it and remove any sliced pickles, ugh, hate those things on a burger!

I'll be impressed if the Big Mac sauce is equally as accurate as the McChicken is.

Beach body....here I come!!!!

Deal Guru
Jan 17, 2009
14634 posts
17718 upvotes
ONTARIO
Woah! wrote:
May 8th, 2017 11:47 am

I'll be impressed if the Big Mac sauce is equally as accurate as the McChicken is.

it is 100% identical. Tried them all just recently.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel