• Last Updated:
  • Feb 18th, 2011 11:42 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Sep 8, 2008
549 posts
110 upvotes

McDonald's Scam

I just got back from McDonald's here at Spadina and Queen in Toronto.

I asked for a Big Mac Meal. I c look at the receipt and it says 1 Big Mac, 1 Large Fries, 1 Pop. Total comes out to 6.99. All meals/combos come with a medium fries. The manager who took my order purposely gave me a large fries.

This is not the first time that this has happened to me. I ususally go the McDonald's at Bathurst and Dundas and they practice this as well. I always see a large fries when I open my bag.

I know its only 40 cents and you do get more fries, but I didn't ask for Large fries. It's the principal here. Anyone experience this?
50 replies
Oct 6, 2010
67 posts
8 upvotes
its for you to share it with the homeless. Don't you go eating everything boy!
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
2133 posts
116 upvotes
GTA
zeeden wrote:
Dec 28th, 2010 5:46 pm

I asked for a Big Mac Meal. I c look at the receipt and it says 1 Big Mac, 1 Large Fries, 1 Pop. Total comes out to 6.99. All meals/combos come with a medium fries. The manager who took my order purposely gave me a large fries.

This is not the first time that this has happened to me. I ususally go the McDonald's at Bathurst and Dundas and they practice this as well. I always see a large fries when I open my bag.

I know its only 40 cents and you do get more fries, but I didn't ask for Large fries. It's the principal here. Anyone experience this?

lol wow. So RFD has come to this...
Jan 6, 2009
352 posts
10 upvotes
Mississauga
This never happened to me, maybe it's only downtown.
Sep 30, 2001
25769 posts
4966 upvotes
zeeden wrote:
Anyone experience this?

i have never ever experienced this at any of the locations i goto.

maybe you should say something next time, or goto a different location, or speak to the manager, or write to head office, or when ordering say "big mac combo with med fries and a med coke".. so many practical options here really.
Jan 18, 2008
150 posts
18 upvotes
I've experienced this at the mcdonalds just north of Allen & sheppard.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
3395 posts
143 upvotes
I've never had them automatically upsize it, but I've been asked numerous times if I wanted a large, and usually rather sneakily too.

Medium is the combo size for McD's, yet at the Atrium on Bay location I've been asked "that's a large fries and drink, right?" and at Wendy's where small is the combo size, I've been asked "medium or large"...
Nov 3, 2010
10 posts
Toronto
Too much of Mcdz is not good for health anyway, Avoid it.

And when you order, emphasize on the NO when asked for supersizing the order. Or say "only if its free" ;)
Jul 31, 2008
175 posts
22 upvotes
Every time I order a Fast Food Combo - I always ask: the Combo comes with med fries/drink to make sure I don't supersize.

One can look at the McDonald's register - it displays the order as it's being keyed in.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2009
4333 posts
268 upvotes
Toronto
I wonder if the minimum wage kid at the till gets a bonus for doing that scam. :twisted:
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 26, 2008
5137 posts
49 upvotes
No Frills wrote:
Dec 28th, 2010 10:45 pm
I wonder if the minimum wage kid at the till gets a bonus for doing that scam. :twisted:

Doubt it, but I do know that the "kids" who work there- they are evaluated on pushing those upsize meals and they send people to make sure the cash people always ask to upsize orders.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1903 posts
183 upvotes
zeeden wrote:

I've been to the McDonalds at Bathurst/Dundas several times. They always ask me if I want to upgrade my fries to large (whenever I order a combo).
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2009
4333 posts
268 upvotes
Toronto
Bookpreviews wrote:
Dec 29th, 2010 12:55 am
Doubt it, but I do know that the "kids" who work there- they are evaluated on pushing those upsize meals and they send people to make sure the cash people always ask to upsize orders.
Yes....evaluated if they always ASK.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Aug 17, 2008
665 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
I used to work at McDonald's, that is ripping people off I would personally call/email head office and tell them this is happening. I have never done that to a customer, I would always try to make the price as low as possible for anyone coming in.
Feb 9, 2006
8 posts
Apparently McDonalds has decided that enough people have forgotten about "Super Size Me".
× < >