• May 22nd, 2017 8:13 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 3, 2006
10218 posts
626 upvotes
Toronto

McDonald's scammed me

Went to McD for lunch today and ordered a 10pc McNuggets value meal using the $1 off mobile coupon. I got my order and went back to the office. I did not open the bag to check its contents when I picked up the order. Back at the office, when I opened the bag, I see the medium fries, and a 4pc McNuggets box. I proceed to open the McNuggets box and counted 6 McNuggets inside. Then I checked my receipt again to see if the cashier entered the wrong order, but it correctly states 10 pc McNuggets meal. I thought I was getting a deal with the coupon, but I guess they got me real good this time.

This is the Brookfield Place location. I frequent this location for lunch and have ordered 10pc McNuggets from them before. While I never really counted the nuggets until now, I've always had this feeling that I got less than 10pc (felt like 8pc or so). I am not sure if this location pulls the scam regularly or I'm just unlucky, but I would advise everyone to be aware if you ever visit this location.
41 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
10906 posts
1469 upvotes
Toronto
It's your own responsibility to count the nuggets there.
I've never heard of anyone who doesn't...even in a rush.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2006
3645 posts
400 upvotes
Scam would imply intent to deceive. This wasn't the case. The McD employee just didn't pay attention.

This is a really low quality thread to create.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
2069 posts
1098 upvotes
Aznsilvrboy wrote:
May 19th, 2017 8:23 pm
Went to McD for lunch today and ordered a 10pc McNuggets value meal using the $1 off mobile coupon. I got my order and went back to the office. I did not open the bag to check its contents when I picked up the order. Back at the office, when I opened the bag, I see the medium fries, and a 4pc McNuggets box. I proceed to open the McNuggets box and counted 6 McNuggets inside. Then I checked my receipt again to see if the cashier entered the wrong order, but it correctly states 10 pc McNuggets meal. I thought I was getting a deal with the coupon, but I guess they got me real good this time.

This is the Brookfield Place location. I frequent this location for lunch and have ordered 10pc McNuggets from them before. While I never really counted the nuggets until now, I've always had this feeling that I got less than 10pc (felt like 8pc or so). I am not sure if this location pulls the scam regularly or I'm just unlucky, but I would advise everyone to be aware if you ever visit this location.
What a silly thread.

It's quite obviously just a mistake and not a scam. You think it's worth it for a giant corporation to operate this scam by convincing their teenage part time employees to steal a couple nuggets from select customers?

You could have gone back after work and they would have given you another 10pc nugget for free.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
1407 posts
481 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
May 19th, 2017 8:25 pm
It's your own responsibility to count the nuggets there.
I've never heard of anyone who doesn't...even in a rush.
Is this sarcasm? I never heard of anyone who actually does this lol
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2015
1111 posts
128 upvotes
Toronto, ON
superfresh89 wrote:
May 19th, 2017 9:06 pm
What a silly thread.

It's quite obviously just a mistake and not a scam. You think it's worth it for a giant corporation to operate this scam by convincing their teenage part time employees to steal a couple nuggets from select customers?

You could have gone back after work and they would have given you another 10pc nugget for free.
But but ..he always had this feeling that he gets 8 or so .. what about that..I think he has a case here....
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
10906 posts
1469 upvotes
Toronto
toronto19850 wrote:
May 19th, 2017 10:34 pm
I honestly do not know anyone who doesn't...for a max of ten.
When it's the 20 pack I've known some to not care to count. lol
I always do though.
Jun 25, 2011
272 posts
100 upvotes
Alberta
It seems to me the honest mistake by employee. I do not think that MacDonald is actually to short change you nuggets. May be next time you count it before you leave.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
10906 posts
1469 upvotes
Toronto
^I was just starting to think maybe someone else who paid for 4-6 nuggets got ten by mistake, lol
I simple mix up of orders, maybe?
Mar 31, 2017
902 posts
247 upvotes
Aznsilvrboy wrote:
May 19th, 2017 8:23 pm

$1 dollar is for 6 pc nuggets. It looks like you paid for 10pc and coupon was never applied because you requested 10pc, then one of the employees got confused because of the coupon conditions that was never met and gave you a 6pc. Why not go back and get them to give you 4pc for next time?
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2015
1111 posts
128 upvotes
Toronto, ON
badOne wrote:
May 19th, 2017 11:43 pm
$1 dollar is for 6 pc nuggets. It looks like you paid for 10pc and coupon was never applied because you requested 10pc, then one of the employees got confused because of the coupon conditions that was never met and gave you a 6pc. Why not go back and get them to give you 4pc for next time?
But how's he gonna prove that 36 hours before he got 4 nuggets less. Wouldn't that seem like he ate 10 and came back for 4 more. Can he show a printout of this thread as a proof that he somewhere wrote a memo just like Comey wrote a memo when Trump.asked him to drop the investigation against him.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7155 posts
812 upvotes
Toronto
toronto19850 wrote:
May 19th, 2017 10:34 pm
Me neither, as in it's somehow the RULE lmao. However, this is RFD, forum for the cheapies lol. It's really not practical during takeout, in the car in the drive-thru, taking stuff outta the bag and checking everything. Normal people would just 'maybe' take a quick look and if it's good enough, drive off. Once at your destination, if you got shortchanged, make a complaint and McD will take care of it next time. No biggie.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 3, 2006
10218 posts
626 upvotes
Toronto
badOne wrote:
May 19th, 2017 11:43 pm
No, I used the $1 off a value meal coupon, not the nuggets coupon. It was definitely applied as I double checked the receipt. The Mcd is a 10 minute walk from the office, I couldn't be bothered to go back and request my missing nuggets. I just want to warn people about this location because it might be a regular occurrence since I kind of noticed it before as well.
Mar 31, 2017
902 posts
247 upvotes
CocoJambo wrote:
May 19th, 2017 11:49 pm
But how's he gonna prove that 36 hours before he got 4 nuggets less. Wouldn't that seem like he ate 10 and came back for 4 more. Can he show a printout of this thread as a proof that he somewhere wrote a memo just like Comey wrote a memo when Trump.asked him to drop the investigation against him.
MCD employees are trained not to argue or dispute a customer's account. In this case it's a very, very minor order and they'll likely just give him a 6pc replacement to make him happy.

I've done duplicate orders before, and paying for both, and had 1 order cancelled. The employee didn't even try to doubt my story and asked for receipt 5 sec chat with the manager and they created a new order right away, along with an extra patty in the burger.

Their only job is to keep customers happy. Nothing else matters.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2015
1111 posts
128 upvotes
Toronto, ON
badOne wrote:
May 20th, 2017 12:01 am
MCD employees are trained not to argue or dispute a customer's account. In this case it's a very, very minor order and they'll likely just give him a 6pc replacement to make him happy.

I've done duplicate orders before, and paying for both, and had 1 order cancelled. The employee didn't even try to doubt my story and asked for receipt 5 sec chat with the manager and they created a new order right away, along with an extra patty in the burger.

Their only job is to keep customers happy. Nothing else matters.
Yes yes don't take me serious on this thread...op move on...it happens.. next time check it before you leave