Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
McDonalds

Solar Flare Hot - YMMV: $1 for 4 McNuggets (Calgary)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 8th, 2019 12:54 pm
Oct 7, 2007
21 posts
20 upvotes

[McDonalds] Solar Flare Hot - YMMV: $1 for 4 McNuggets (Calgary)

(Yes the thread title is an exaggeration - all in good fun)

I haven't seen this posted anywhere online yet so it's unconfirmed. I reached out to the McDonald's Twitter account to see if it's legit, but no response yet.

If it's real then it's a good deal - it says on the ad only valid for restaurants in Calgary.

EDIT Sunday Feb 3 - Deal is legit and live now!!

Last edited by typicryptic on Feb 3rd, 2019 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
27 replies
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2588 posts
2052 upvotes
Clarington
Am I the only one that doesn't like their nuggets?
Aug 25, 2011
344 posts
224 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Dave singles
Popcorn chicken
Crunches

Now nuggets... my waistline is hating me right now
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
I don't mind their nuggets, but don't find them to be any better than Jane's etc. I think Jane's work out to 25 cents a piece as well when not on sale...

As for the legitimacy of the coupon, doubtful that any fraudster would go to the trouble of printing high quality glossy coupon like flyers only to have others try and fail at defrauding McD's.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
1068 posts
2119 upvotes
jackass_ca wrote: I don't mind their nuggets, but don't find them to be any better than Jane's etc. I think Jane's work out to 25 cents a piece as well when not on sale...

As for the legitimacy of the coupon, doubtful that any fraudster would go to the trouble of printing high quality glossy coupon like flyers only to have others try and fail at defrauding McD's.
Honestly it might be the way i am cooking Janes but i find them to be semi soggy, bleh flavoured strips or nuggets. For me it just doesn't compare to a freshly deep fried chicken Mcnugget. I actually like them more now then in years past. I looked it up and apparently they re-vamped them to be more "healthy" for kids. Either way i think they are great now.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1972 posts
1950 upvotes
Toronto
8 is the perfect amount of nuggets with medium fries and large coffee of course.
Multi Millionaire in Points
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
RedSwagDeals wrote: Honestly it might be the way i am cooking Janes but i find them to be semi soggy, bleh flavoured strips or nuggets. For me it just doesn't compare to a freshly deep fried chicken Mcnugget. I actually like them more now then in years past. I looked it up and apparently they re-vamped them to be more "healthy" for kids. Either way i think they are great now.
Well, of course, you will never replicate the taste of deep fried with oven baked, but we go a little longer than recommended and usually place them on parchment paper and they come out crispy, but you are correct, the flavour is not quite the same, not that we dislike either, but definitely 2 different tastes

Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2009
4353 posts
3740 upvotes
Would be great to blend a few of these into protein shakes
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
2169 posts
7243 upvotes
Calgary, AB
jackass_ca wrote: I don't mind their nuggets, but don't find them to be any better than Jane's etc. I think Jane's work out to 25 cents a piece as well when not on sale...
I don't think you are factoring in electricity or gas too cook your nuggets. 26 cents per nugget is probably more in line.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
johnnyblayze wrote: Would be great to blend a few of these into protein shakes
If you get them in their pink goo phase it would mix better.Winking Face
And yes, I realize there is no basis to this... for humour only, not a McHater!

Aug 19, 2014
21 posts
11 upvotes
Calgary, AB
NUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGETS! I LOVE NUGGGGGGGGGGGGETS!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
You my friend are a god amongst men for posting this. Saved me some money on lunch!
May 2, 2018
16 posts
7 upvotes
Your waistline loves you! It's your pants that hate you.
May 6, 2017
159 posts
148 upvotes
"Solar flare hot" "Lava hot" "Scorching hot" RFD never fails to crack me up
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2009
1352 posts
503 upvotes
Ontario
Sweet. $0.25 for a piece of deep fried pink goop.
Still better value than BK's poor attempt to replicate ($0.20) the piece of deep fried pink goop.
Jan 31, 2008
13 posts
7 upvotes
Calgary
Large Hadron collider HOT!

Warm us up this suuuuuuuuuper cold Sunday!!
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2012
1176 posts
922 upvotes
riffr aff wrote: Sweet. $0.25 for a piece of deep fried pink goop.
Still better value than BK's poor attempt to replicate ($0.20) the piece of deep fried pink goop.
BK is literally a picture of mcdonald's pink goop printed on cardboard.
Oct 18, 2011
214 posts
129 upvotes
CALGARY
typicryptic wrote:
If it's real then it's a good deal - it says on the ad only valid for restaurants in Calgary.
Where did you find this pamphlet exactly?