Toronto
noticed the price change few days ago too :cry:
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21708 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
peanutz wrote: Still a deal. I like the value menu. :razz:
It'll be a deal when the $3.99 or less rule changes to match up with today's times!
Bring it up to be $5.99 or less.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2009
7081 posts
5209 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: It'll be a deal when the $3.99 or less rule changes to match up with today's times!
But you see if they do that, they will be admitting that there is inflation.

Can't have that can we.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2008
3711 posts
633 upvotes
Toronto
playnicee1 wrote: It'll be a deal when the $3.99 or less rule changes to match up with today's times!
I don't think that was in the budget the Ontario Liberals tabled yesterday. :(
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21708 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
nippleholic wrote: I don't think that was in the budget the Ontario Liberals tabled yesterday. :(
I think the Liberals forgot all about it. I remember one time they wanted to eliminate it all together. People raised hell and the idea was dropped.
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
25310 posts
2535 upvotes
Markham, ON
i guess they couldnt shrink the burger any further
Sep 1, 2013
34 posts
25 upvotes
Montreal
Price hike confirmed in Montreal.

BK's value menu is all the more tempting. The junior crispy is a clear win over the McD's junior chicken, even more so now that it's up to $1.59.

Too bad I still prefer McD's ice cream, although that's still $1.39, since BK is $1.00 but bleh.

And man, too bad when I'm craving a McDouble nothing else will cut it. I'll be forking over the extra $0.20 easy on that one.

> :(
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2004
2276 posts
226 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: Now I will order the McDouble. Pay for it, then order the fries and drink... instead of both taxes in Ontario.
($4 or less is only one 5% GST tax instead of a full 13% HST tax)
Careful, Kathleen needs the money.......bad.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2013
1775 posts
279 upvotes
renoldman wrote: But you see if they do that, they will be admitting that there is inflation.

Can't have that can we.
Admitting there is inflation will be inconvenient. But, as long as muppets still get spoon fed the storyline and nurtured to thinking there is no inflation, then the perception is there is no inflation. They even have some analysts fooled too in the financial sector and like some of the RFD members here who claimed to do budgeting (very likely not a field research analyst). Meanwhile in the real world, prices have been steadily rising, and people's cost of living and the cost of doing business have been rising quite steadily and at an accelerating pace. This fact has been known for a while. The only worry now will be an exponential or uncontrollable rise in prices in the future while wages don't keep up, and when that happens you may have the next economic calamity when everybody raises their prices to pass the costs down to their consumer down the chain and it eventually hits the middle class who become unable to keep up with and make payments. Inflation should be a central bank's worst enemy. Instead, they have been encouraging it on the backs of 'stimulating the economy'.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21708 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
peano wrote: Careful, Kathleen needs the money.......bad.
:twisted: That's a whole new thread if we must go there!
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2007
1398 posts
181 upvotes
Western Montreal
Kwizzy wrote: Price hike confirmed in Montreal.

BK's value menu is all the more tempting. The junior crispy is a clear win over the McD's junior chicken, even more so now that it's up to $1.59.

Too bad I still prefer McD's ice cream, although that's still $1.39, since BK is $1.00 but bleh.

And man, too bad when I'm craving a McDouble nothing else will cut it. I'll be forking over the extra $0.20 easy on that one.

> :(
But there are so few BK's left in Montreal.... and for the most part, the food is worse than McD's.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2007
1398 posts
181 upvotes
Western Montreal
nippleholic wrote: The new Bacon McDouble and Bacon Ranch Junior Chicken are $1.99.
I also noticed a new Shrimp wrap for around $5.49-89 and a BBQ Bacon Angus Third pounder.
Not sure I'd want to eat shrimp at McD's (or any other fast food place)...
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
9101 posts
4566 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
playnicee1 wrote: Value or not, it's causing a headache for those who simply want to enjoy the $3.99 or less rule.
It means splitting more orders to make it work!!
They want you to have the headache so you just fork up and pay...
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21708 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
ToniCipriani wrote: They want you to have the headache so you just fork up and pay...
Not gonna happen. I'll just give them the headache of ordering several times and paying for each order separately...unless they offer a value menu "pick 3 for $3.99" option of some sort. (and...respectfully, in Ontario, they should...it's still very profitable that way...)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
9101 posts
4566 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
Also does anyone know if the Sausage McMuffin also went up to $1.59?

That's together with the Iced Coffee is my $2.51 breakfast...
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
572 upvotes
renoldman wrote: But you see if they do that, they will be admitting that there is inflation.

Can't have that can we.
Ummm..I don't think they said there hasn't been inflation in 20 years? The $4 threshold has been around that long or thereabouts
Aug 11, 2012
109 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
nippleholic wrote: Just ordered a junior chicken and McDouble at the St. Clair station location and it has already gone up to $1.59.
Today ordered a junior chicken and surprised only 1.46 ($1.39+$0.07) was deducted from my gift card at Yonge & Eglinton location.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)