Expired Hot Deals

[McDonalds] Vanilla soft serve cones for $1 (June 4th-September 2nd)

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 1st, 2019 10:49 am
Sr. Member
Nov 26, 2013
618 posts
476 upvotes
Winnipeg
queenofhearts wrote: Too bad . I could have swore somewhere on this thread posted some place in Canada was selling the swirl ones for a buck. The last few times I have been at Costco I have wanted to get a chocolate self serve but the lineup in the food court is always a zoo.
Nothing more decadent than going through McDonald’s drive through for a buck ice cream!
Honestly the Ikea swirl cone tastes better and is only $1. Downside is that it does not come in a waffle cone like Costco, nor is the serving quite as huge.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2180 posts
439 upvotes
Gta
ReaperEXE wrote: Honestly the Ikea swirl cone tastes better and is only $1. Downside is that it does not come in a waffle cone like Costco, nor is the serving quite as huge.
Hmmm. Last time I had the ikea one I wasn’t all that impressed. Wasn’t piled very high and again...crazy lineup. Way more McDonald’s around than IKEA. I’m 2 min from Costco if I’m really desperate for a chocolate soft serve
Koodo member
Sr. Member
Nov 26, 2013
618 posts
476 upvotes
Winnipeg
queenofhearts wrote: Hmmm. Last time I had the ikea one I wasn’t all that impressed. Wasn’t piled very high and again...crazy lineup. Way more McDonald’s around than IKEA. I’m 2 min from Costco if I’m really desperate for a chocolate soft serve
Sounds like that highlights the difference between how crowded an Ikea in the GTA is versus in Winnipeg. Here the Costco and Ikea are literally 2min from each other and after having them back-to-back, I can safely say the Ikea cone is better (more creamy and flavourful). Again, agree that the Costco serving is bigger, plus for just a bit more you can get a delicious sundae...
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 25, 2005
8111 posts
5930 upvotes
North York
The number of swirls on a McDonalds' cone depends on the employee making it.
Mine was tiny compared to what I saw given to others.
In any case, it doesn't taste like ice-cream to me and melts too fast.
For $1 I guess I should lower my expectations.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2009
1162 posts
796 upvotes
39.0392° N, 125.7625…
ReaperEXE wrote: Sounds like that highlights the difference between how crowded an Ikea in the GTA is versus in Winnipeg. Here the Costco and Ikea are literally 2min from each other and after having them back-to-back, I can safely say the Ikea cone is better (more creamy and flavourful). Again, agree that the Costco serving is bigger, plus for just a bit more you can get a delicious sundae...
I had an Ikea cone recently in Ottawa, I didn't like it possibly because it's frozen yogurt. The McD cone is tastier. I always ask for extra guar gum and carageenan that way I get it fresh, not one that's been sitting under the heat lamps for 10 minutes.
Newbie
User avatar
Mar 11, 2019
43 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
FrugalConsumer wrote: Anyone know how much % cream is in the McDonalds cone vs the Costco cone? I always feel like Costco's cone contains more cream than McDonalds.
All I can say is my lactose-intolerant friend can eat McDonald's soft serve no problem.

Top