Hot Deals

[McDonalds] Vanilla soft serve cones for $1 (June 4th-September 2nd)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 17th, 2019 5:44 pm
Dec 6, 2008
470 posts
178 upvotes
Vancouver
Siefer999 wrote:
Jun 7th, 2019 8:53 am
I can't say the same for myself. After eating a mcflurry I basically have an hour before I better be next to a toilet...
who says you have to be next to a toilet. don't conform to these western ideologies.
i got 99 problems but PM'ing ain't one ;)
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2141 posts
1140 upvotes
Prince George
Their strategy seems to be to lure us in with these $1 loss leaders, and slowly crank up the prices on other stuff. I noticed today that the regular burger prices (e.g. Quarter Pounder with Cheese) went up from $5.79 to $5.99.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
3200 posts
659 upvotes
benji82 wrote:
Jun 7th, 2019 6:11 pm
who says you have to be next to a toilet. don't conform to these western ideologies.
Are you promoting defecating in the streets?
Oct 17, 2012
469 posts
315 upvotes
Vancouver
Tcalp wrote:
Jun 7th, 2019 7:25 am
Is it a weird childhood memory of mine that once upon a time you paid like $0.10 or something and they dipped these in chocolate back in the day (~20 years ago)
No, but I remember when it was 49 cents!
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2012
1999 posts
254 upvotes
Vancouver
lennyandcarl wrote:
Jun 6th, 2019 10:23 am
IMG_5662.jpg

So proof I'm not crazy about the twist cones - I took this on my way to work this morning. Must be a new sign because the old ones used to say $1 Vanilla Cone - and the App also said $1 Vanilla cone and $1.79 for the Chocolate & Twist.

Is this just a Vancouver Island thing?
Guess so?

https://yourquestions.mcdonalds.ca/answ ... continued/
Mar 19, 2019
21 posts
11 upvotes
Burnaby BC
Haha I remember ordering soft serve from McDs when I was in elementary school, but asked to have it in a cup. They gave it to me in a McFlurry cup, filled to the brim, for the same price as a cone and I was super stoked.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
1970 posts
1316 upvotes
Oakville, ON
It’s an ok deal but Europe/Asia have these standard dipped in green apple, caramel, strawberry coating over vanilla. Taste much better.McDonald’s Canada is so generic compared to the rest of the world.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2012
1999 posts
254 upvotes
Vancouver
lennyandcarl wrote:
Jun 8th, 2019 2:14 pm
That is 7 years old.
So? I don't think they going to update it every year to say "hey still discontinued". I never seen it in metro Vancouver for the last 7 years.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2151 posts
879 upvotes
B.C.
xiaobao wrote:
Jun 8th, 2019 2:19 pm
So? I don't think they going to update it every year to say "hey still discontinued". I never seen it in metro Vancouver for the last 7 years.
It only started here a month ago.. as far as I can remember.

I figured it was a national thing but I guess it must be a pilot project. This must mean it's coming back everywhere soon!
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2012
1999 posts
254 upvotes
Vancouver
lennyandcarl wrote:
Jun 8th, 2019 2:30 pm
It only started here a month ago.. as far as I can remember.

I figured it was a national thing but I guess it must be a pilot project. This must mean it's coming back everywhere soon!
That could be maybe they finally realized people like chocolate and twist more than just vanilla. Or maybe your area the franchise people decided they wanted it back (just like I think there are a few locations still in the USA that serve their pizza that was discontinued like 20 years ago)
Aug 27, 2014
319 posts
170 upvotes
cheaper_than_cheap wrote:
Jun 7th, 2019 11:44 pm
Their strategy seems to be to lure us in with these $1 loss leaders, and slowly crank up the prices on other stuff. I noticed today that the regular burger prices (e.g. Quarter Pounder with Cheese) went up from $5.79 to $5.99.
I don't mind, they got to increase prices eventually and if they can lure people with promos, I'm all for it. Meanwhile, I've been enjoying the cheap ice cream.

It's not as good a deal as the coffee though, where you get more than $2 out of value for $1. The Costco cone is also much bigger and better and is what, $2? The IKEA one is good too. But I'm far away from Costco and IKEA whereas the McDonald's are everywhere so they'll get my frugal business.

I miss the swirl ice cream I'd get from McD as a kid. I was sad when I went there many years later and figured out they didn't have any.
Feb 28, 2019
9 posts
3 upvotes
I just tried the Mcdonalds 1$ ice cream cone and it didn't seem like a good value at all, it tasted like they figured out a way to blend it with more water to make it cheaper. I would stick with the Costco ones, much better deal and same price all year round.
Dec 22, 2011
2 posts
Re: Costco.
1. a membership is needed
2. do you actually want to go to Costco just for a soft serve ice cream cone?