Hot Deals

[McDonalds] Vanilla soft serve cones for $1 (June 4th-September 2nd)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 17th, 2019 5:44 pm
Feb 28, 2019
9 posts
3 upvotes
enperion wrote:
Jun 11th, 2019 5:22 pm
Re: Costco.
1. a membership is needed
2. do you actually want to go to Costco just for a soft serve ice cream cone?
You do not need a membership to walk in and access the food court, only when you go by the other entrance which gives access to the actual store. When i go for a fill up i usually go to Costco and take a peak of what they have in the store/get ice cream. Even if i did not have a Costco membership i would go there from time to time for an ice cream as it is just a better deal overall.
Nov 24, 2015
78 posts
54 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
enperion wrote:
Jun 11th, 2019 5:22 pm
Re: Costco.
1. a membership is needed
2. do you actually want to go to Costco just for a soft serve ice cream cone?
I mean, no, you can easily buy food at costco without the membership, but I agree who on earth would subject themselves to parking/visiting Costco just for slightly less shitty soft serve.
Jun 14, 2011
187 posts
161 upvotes
Toronto
Last time I had a McDonalds soft serve, the normal price was 50 cents. That was when my brother got a job at a McDonalds and told me the machine was full of cockroaches and nobody ever cared or did anything about it.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
2425 posts
2467 upvotes
Montreal
Oracle1729 wrote:
Jun 11th, 2019 7:08 pm
Last time I had a McDonalds soft serve, the normal price was 50 cents. That was when my brother got a job at a McDonalds and told me the machine was full of cockroaches and nobody ever cared or did anything about it.

meh... xtra proteins...
Feb 5, 2012
21 posts
32 upvotes
Re: Costco cones

Didn't go through all these pages so sorry if it was already mentioned, but McDonalds started offering a chocolate wafer cone version for $2 this year. Larger than the normal but very sweet imo
Feb 6, 2013
401 posts
340 upvotes
Toronto
kangarooz wrote:
Jun 11th, 2019 5:51 pm
go on the kiosk and punch "in a cup"
+1 to that. I've learned to favour the kiosk now because human cashiers are getting super unreasonable, rude, and lazy.

Had a horrible experience at a McDonald's today which just bolsters that...

I ordered 1 packet of peanuts and the cashier lady rudely asked me "What do you need peanuts for?" Of course, I politely replied I'd like to put it on my ice cream, and she dares to say back to me "you don't put peanuts on ice cream, only sundaes." I just stared at her confusingly (wanted to say "I can put peanuts on whatever the $$$$ I want" but there was a line forming and didn't want to make a scene which she clearly is trying to initiate). She eventually relented and gave me the peanuts I ordered...

Then my friend ordered the same thing and she went to town on him "What's with you people (2) ordering peanuts!?" "We should start charging for these!!" Nothing phases this friend of mine so he just pretends he didn't hear her even though I heard her all the way from the dining area.

Holy f%¥íng $クソt, how rude can you be, talking like that to a customer who didn't do anything wrong... I have to have an argument just because I want a packet of peanuts!? Give me $#@&ing break. If they want to charge for peanuts, go right ahead, but DO NOT take it out on your customers... Basic customer service 101.

I thought I'd just use my spare change so I opted to not use the kiosk.... BIG MISTAKE. Get rid of all these horrible "supervisors" and replace them with machines!!!!
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
3200 posts
659 upvotes
RoseTech wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 2:40 am
+1 to that. I've learned to favour the kiosk now because human cashiers are getting super unreasonable, rude, and lazy.

I ordered 1 packet of peanuts and the cashier lady rudely asked me "What do you need peanuts for?" Of course, I politely replied I'd like to put it on my ice cream, and she dares to say back to me "you don't put peanuts on ice cream, only sundaes." I just stared at her confusingly (wanted to say "I can put peanuts on whatever the $$$$ I want" but there was a line forming and didn't want to make a scene which she clearly is trying to initiate). She eventually relented and gave me the peanuts I ordered...

Then my friend ordered the same thing and she went to town on him "What's with you people (2) ordering peanuts!?" "We should start charging for these!!" Nothing phases this friend of mine so he just pretends he didn't hear her even though I heard her all the way from the dining area.

Holy f%¥íng $クソt, how rude can you be, talking like that to a customer who didn't do anything wrong... I have to have an argument just because I want a packet of peanuts!? Give me $#@&ing break. If they want to charge for peanuts, go right ahead, but DO NOT take it out on your customers... Basic customer service 101.

I thought I'd just use my spare change so I opted to not use the kiosk.... BIG MISTAKE. Get rid of all these horrible "supervisors" and replace them with machines!!!!
McDonald’s is a fine dining establishment, so I would expect an elegant customer service experience.
Nov 25, 2003
364 posts
135 upvotes
BC [what me worry?]
Oracle1729 wrote:
Jun 11th, 2019 7:08 pm
I don’t think they had roaches back in the days Pierre Trudeau was the PM.Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
I've been away for a while....
Feb 6, 2013
401 posts
340 upvotes
Toronto
Balduno wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 4:47 am
McDonald’s is a fine dining establishment, so I would expect an elegant customer service experience.
That's quite a remark you got going on there.

You're implying my expectation of basic human decency is actually akin to elegance and so should be limited to fine dining establishments?

I mean I know this is McDonald's but come on. Society has not degenerated to this degree yet...
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
2751 posts
1158 upvotes
Mississauga
RoseTech wrote:

Send a tweet to McDonalds. I'm sure corporate would teach them a lesson real quick.
I love RFD! :)
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
3746 posts
1690 upvotes
Vancouver
RoseTech wrote:

You can use the kiosk and pay at the counter.

Ron.
Feb 6, 2013
401 posts
340 upvotes
Toronto
newfbc wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 1:16 pm
You can use the kiosk and pay at the counter.
Ron.
I know. That's actually what I did. She gave me problems once she looked at my order slip.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
3200 posts
659 upvotes
RoseTech wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 12:41 pm
That's quite a remark you got going on there.

You're implying my expectation of basic human decency is actually akin to elegance and so should be limited to fine dining establishments?

I mean I know this is McDonald's but come on. Society has not degenerated to this degree yet...
Do you really expect things to be constantly positive and great at a place like McDonald’s? Is McDonald’s hiring people with MBAs? Is McDonald’s a dream job for most people? There’s idiots everywhere, but they are more prevalent in certain places.

When I go to Walmart, I expect a difference experience than when I go to Whole Foods.

The experience you had is not that surprising to me. Society has degenerated to this degree.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2007
4260 posts
2655 upvotes
Calgary
RoseTech wrote:

Not a free condiment. Don’t ask for them in the future for free and things should go smoother for you.