Food & Drink

McDonald's Will Test All-Day Breakfast (San Diego)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 30th, 2016 8:47 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18841 posts
1953 upvotes
Elmira
Typical, McDonalds Canada not listening to what their customers actually want..

All day breakfast is the only thing that will get me going to McDicks again.. If I could wake up hungover as hell at 2 in the afternoon and get an egg McMuffin , that would be dope as hell. Or sometimes you just want "breakfast for dinner"

McDondalds Canada, you SUCK
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24666 posts
8737 upvotes
Toronto
All day breakfast would be da bomb...

If I wanted a big breakfast with hashbrown for breakfast, yums...

Or sausage n egg mcmuffin...yumss..

Or go healthier and get an egg mcmuffin...

Definitely would be more business..

Even the breakfast burritos are good once in a while...
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33234 posts
21163 upvotes
Toronto
citynews already confirmed with McD Canada that we will NOT be getting this "All-Day Breakfast" serving at all.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
Hard to believe Canada's McDonalds is doing better than USA McDonalds but then again there are so many cut throat competition in the States. Competition is why they are doing this to try and drum up business.

I love McDonalds pancake breakfast; I can't lie.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
"McDonalds is now serving breakfast all day long, so say goodbye to your will to get out of bed in the morning."

Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21707 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
^It's about time! Wish McDonald's Canada would offer all day breakfast!!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2007
5654 posts
2168 upvotes
Great! I dont' go to McDonalds often but when I do, I tend to get their breakfast stuff and apple pies. I don't like their burgers.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
"In less than two months on the air, Stephen is already finding that he’s right about all of his breakfast-related predictions."

Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21707 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
Engi-Nir wrote: Canada doesn't have to, it is always busy here Mcdees
Toronto's Union station is the good test run for some of their breakfast items, available all day.
Jul 9, 2015
117 posts
12 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I asked on Ask McDonald if they would have unsweetened ice teas or whole grain buns/ English muffins in Canada. Basically they said our customer do not want unsweetened ice tea uhmm did you ask? and that they did not want whole grain buns/ English muffins as options for normal meals but I can order one of their high end sandwich at the time that had a whole grain bun.
May 15, 2013
48 posts
21 upvotes
Thunder Bay
I used to think the same. Then I made my own: Toasted English muffin with Balderson spreadable cheese, shaved blackforest ham, 1 egg cooked in a ring, and that new PC Smoky Bacon Hot Sauce.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12805 posts
3477 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: Toronto's Union station is the good test run for some of their breakfast items, available all day.
Union Station is actually a very poor test run. The traffic at that part of Union is very different with heavy traffic in the morning and 4-7pm. While lunch and dinner hours are not busy. This is the opposite to most McDonald's locations.

Also their setup doesn't make all offerings that a normal McDonalds would make, so there's no comparative data to show if customer prefer breakfast sandwiches over a Big Mac.

snoopyoo wrote: I asked on Ask McDonald if they would have unsweetened ice teas or whole grain buns/ English muffins in Canada. Basically they said our customer do not want unsweetened ice tea uhmm did you ask? and that they did not want whole grain buns/ English muffins as options for normal meals but I can order one of their high end sandwich at the time that had a whole grain bun.
Unsweetened iced tea is an American thing. Never picked up in Canada.

McDonald's (like many big companies) buy survey results from market research companies and even poll their customers often. I cannot confirm that they have asked about unsweetened iced tea, but it a pretty safe assumption they have and the results were not positive.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
2643 posts
172 upvotes
They do a lot of testing like all fast food places except you never hear about them unless someone finds out. They probably tested it in some market in Canada and it didn't sell well enough for them to expand it. I know they tested potato wedges and I believe sweet potato fries up in Markham a year or so ago. I bought them there but I guess it didn't sell enough for them to continue it. So they might have tested it in a certain market and it didn't sell the numbers they want and decided against it.
snoopyoo wrote: I asked on Ask McDonald if they would have unsweetened ice teas or whole grain buns/ English muffins in Canada. Basically they said our customer do not want unsweetened ice tea uhmm did you ask? and that they did not want whole grain buns/ English muffins as options for normal meals but I can order one of their high end sandwich at the time that had a whole grain bun.
Jul 9, 2015
117 posts
12 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
They actually introduced whole wheat English muffin as breakfast sandwich choice at my local MacDonald's and I had it a few times. Then went in ordering it a another time and was told they were discontinued since they were being stacked and it was taking a column of bread tray and I guess it did not sell well enough. I told them they could have put the regular ones on the bottom and top it off with the whole wheat ones on top if they had enough room for 2+ columns but apparently it was a done deal already.

uhmm I does not have to be unsweetened ice tea but another sugar free drink choice other than diet coke or coke zero. I would be equally happy with Sprite zero, Nestea Zero, Crush Zero or diet crush in orange or any flavour.
Jul 9, 2015
117 posts
12 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Yeah I was in San Francisco last Sept when they had the order your way artisanal burgers in one of the store I went to a couple of blocks from Union Square. They had the drinks dollar day and I was going into a MacD at least every other day to get a large unsweetened ice tea with splenda rather than playing some higher prices for take out drinks in that area and ate once there. Talked to the store manager and they said it was tested out in San Diego and 4 of them from that store drove down to San Diego (since they will only have 1 parking slot) to visit the test store before adopting it.

I seen the same or similar type of ordering machine that I had seen in Europe (Paris specifically) and San Francisco up in my local MacDonald's so I guess it is coming as someone I talked to indicated that the custom ordered artisanal burgers may come to Canada sometimes in the next year.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21707 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
joeyjoejoe wrote: Union Station is actually a very poor test run. The traffic at that part of Union is very different with heavy traffic in the morning and 4-7pm. While lunch and dinner hours are not busy. This is the opposite to most McDonald's locations.

Also their setup doesn't make all offerings that a normal McDonalds would make, so there's no comparative data to show if customer prefer breakfast sandwiches over a Big Mac.
All they need is basic data for how (select) breakfast food is moving along outside of breakfast hours.
However, it is an excellent point that those sales fail to be informative of how well they do up against a Big Mac.
Jul 9, 2015
117 posts
12 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
okay talked to a more experienced staff at my local McD at breakfast and he said the custom burger is scheduled to be in their store by Feb... You can choose the bun, the cheese, I think burger or chicken or ??? and toppings in California including things like avocado.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)