• Last Updated:
  • Aug 1st, 2015 6:25 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2007
1298 posts
1125 upvotes
I love it -I don't have much to compare it to, but I actually like that there's more lettuce/celeri than meat because I've had other lobster rolls that always seeme too chewy or fishy.

I love the citrusy taste of the Mclobster, it's really light and more of a snack sandwich than a real meal - that's the only drawback.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2015
2854 posts
2860 upvotes
NOT centre of Univer…
Okay, I tried it just because of this thread. Won't be doing that again. I had it when I was young and liked it, I found it really gross this time. The bun was sad looking and not very fresh, the taste was really processed. I will buy lobster and make it myself for the next time

I actually find the lobster pollock better than what I had at McDonald's
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26998 posts
4337 upvotes
HP_John wrote: Most restaurants charge about double that, so for the price, expectations should not be high. I wouldn't buy it again.

Sobeys has $8/lb for lobster that they will steam for you (normally $10/lb, these are normal lobsters, not the smaller "canner" lobsters). It was quite tasty, they have a nice steamer machine thingy, it should be cooked just right (they base the time on how much the lobsters weigh). I bought 3. Definitely a better deal than $6 for Sobey's lobster roll, quite disappointing (more lobster than McDonalds but the sauce/dressing tasted worse)
Thanks was about to give that Sobeys roll a try but looks like I'll have to skip it now.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
8584 posts
5369 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: Sobey's also has a special deal for a Lobster sandwich (looks like it's on a hot dog bun), bag of Ms Vicki's chips and a 355ml Pepsi (in a glass bottle) for only $7.50 plus tax.
Yea its $6 for the lobster roll or $7.50 for combo, but it didn't taste good to me (something weird about the mayo/dressing). The $8/lb steamed lobster was a much better deal IMO
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2015
8524 posts
2941 upvotes
0 downvotes
I was gonna order it last nite, but mcd's said they aint got no more mc lobster. thats weird I JUST saw a commercial on TV
Deal Fanatic
Sep 4, 2009
6575 posts
726 upvotes
GoodFellaz wrote: I was gonna order it last nite, but mcd's said they aint got no more mc lobster. thats weird I JUST saw a commercial on TV
They stopped serving this 3 weeks ago.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2015
8524 posts
2941 upvotes
0 downvotes
maybe the guy working at the tv station forgot to stop playing commercials? why would they still play commercials when its been stopped serving
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2009
7082 posts
5209 upvotes
I have seen it up on the board in GTA. So, it seems like it may still be around. Unless it's an error and shouldn't be there any more?

Haven't tried it myself, just saying I noticed it seemed to still be offered, but it may not be though.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2006
9951 posts
2434 upvotes
Toronto
wal3145 wrote: It wasn't available in Ontario this year. Instead we got Cottage Country Chicken.
Not true. The menu rotated and the McLobster was available for a limited time. I had it several times myself.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)