Food & Drink

MCMADNESS. McDonald’s fan keeps burger and fries in cabinet for 10 YEARS – and it’s still fine

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2019 2:25 am
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2019
1041 posts
1292 upvotes
LOL@ Your Angry Inch…

MCMADNESS. McDonald’s fan keeps burger and fries in cabinet for 10 YEARS – and it’s still fine

It's Fine. Better Than Fine. I'm Lovin It!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/10261171/ ... -10-years/
U still have to pay for goods/services U agreed to — even if U did so only unconsciously.
A Visa Canada survey of web shoppers, 1 in 4 said they read all the online text. 50% skimmed it & 27% Read Nothing at all before accepting a tainted offer.
15 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
9404 posts
5374 upvotes
Gross.

Or maybe survival food...you know in the event of a major disaster?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
7368 posts
4672 upvotes
Between Countries
Oh come on, this is only half the story. Admit it. We all want him to eat that meal and tell us how delicious it is after 10 years. Post on Youtube.
Mar 16, 2009
176 posts
242 upvotes
Toronto
More typical far leftist anti-corporate crap.

Can guarantee anyone who tried eating that now would get fast food poisoning, regardless of appearance. Just like any other cooked food sitting outside a refrigerator for more than a bit.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
Man people are idiots.

It's not due to some magic ingredient that prevents mold at room temperature. If McDonalds figured this out, that alone would be worth billions of dollars.

It's been desiccated aka dried. There's no moisture left for mold to grow.
If you make a sandwich/fries out of real ingredients to the same proportions that's sized identically to this, it also won't mold because the surface area to volume is high enough that it'll dry before decaying.

There's no magic here. Only stupidity and clickbait.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Banned
Dec 15, 2017
1847 posts
615 upvotes
Toronto
death_hawk wrote: Man people are idiots.

It's not due to some magic ingredient that prevents mold at room temperature. If McDonalds figured this out, that alone would be worth billions of dollars.

If you make a sandwich/fries out of real ingredients to the same proportions that's sized identically to this, it also won't mold because the surface area to volume is high enough that it'll dry before decaying.

You sound like an atheist, good at explaining things with gibberish.
Jun 22, 2014
559 posts
235 upvotes
Markham, ON
To be fair, if McDonalds sold it, I'd still eat it.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
MusicBox wrote: You sound like an atheist, good at explaining things with gibberish.
1) Wouldn't that be religion? Most atheists I know don't believe in a mysterious being with magical powers. Well except for the flying spaghetti monster.
2) I'm actually curious to know which part you would consider "gibberish" Reading my comment again, outside of the fanfare of McDonalds figuring out mold free food and the final line, I explained things with science or at least arguments rooted in science.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2008
1389 posts
1533 upvotes
Toronto - Markham/Sc…
jflex wrote: More typical far leftist anti-corporate crap.

Can guarantee anyone who tried eating that now would get fast food poisoning, regardless of appearance. Just like any other cooked food sitting outside a refrigerator for more than a bit.
Is this a new strain of food poisoning only affecting fast food?
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
21784 posts
4903 upvotes
Toronto
death_hawk wrote: 1) Wouldn't that be religion? Most atheists I know don't believe in a mysterious being with magical powers. Well except for the flying spaghetti monster.
2) I'm actually curious to know which part you would consider "gibberish" Reading my comment again, outside of the fanfare of McDonalds figuring out mold free food and the final line, I explained things with science or at least arguments rooted in science.
He's the type of person that uses 'atheist' as an insult. Do you really think he has anything of value to say?
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2019
1041 posts
1292 upvotes
LOL@ Your Angry Inch…
death_hawk wrote: Man people are idiots.

Would you eat it for fame, fortune and flatulence as a loyal Pastafarian in honour of Flying Spaghetti Monster?

U still have to pay for goods/services U agreed to — even if U did so only unconsciously.
A Visa Canada survey of web shoppers, 1 in 4 said they read all the online text. 50% skimmed it & 27% Read Nothing at all before accepting a tainted offer.
Banned
Dec 15, 2017
1847 posts
615 upvotes
Toronto
This just goes to show you something; stay away from Mcdonalds and processed foods. Would you trust eating food that can withstand deterioration more than a brand new Mazda 3?? I wouldn't.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
MusicBox wrote: This just goes to show you something; stay away from Mcdonalds and processed foods. Would you trust eating food that can withstand deterioration more than a brand new Mazda 3?? I wouldn't.
I could make an identically sized burger out of 100% real ingredients and have it not mold.
It's not "processed" that does this, it's drying.

It's the same concept as beef jerky not going moldy.
Or anything that's been dried really.

Leave a slice of bread on the counter for a couple days and stuff one in a sealed bag. One's gonna be moldy and the other isn't.
It's either science or you're made of magic.
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
21784 posts
4903 upvotes
Toronto
MusicBox wrote: This just goes to show you something; stay away from Mcdonalds and processed foods. Would you trust eating food that can withstand deterioration more than a brand new Mazda 3?? I wouldn't.
I take it you're not a big wine and cheese fan. And that you've never had honey.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
notenoughsleep wrote: Move over, Australians claim to have a 25 year-old burger
Not that it matters. This will look the same until the end of time. Well maybe not quite that long, but longer than any of us will live.
Now it's just up to whatever yahoo decides to sit on their crap for 30 years for some reason.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)