Students

Mcmaster Btech Degree Completion

Aug 16, 2018
3 posts

Mcmaster Btech Degree Completion

Graduated from Humber College's three year electrical engineering technology program and was wondering if Mcmaster's btech degree completion program for Power and Energy technology is worth pursuing.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2015
1834 posts
279 upvotes
Can you describe what you have searched about your idea about the future of electrical engineering tech and power energy tech?
If the post or comment helps or delights you, please CLICK that LIKE BUTTON!
Meiji: Ambassador Swanbeck, I have concluded that your treaty is NOT in the best interests of my people. So sorry, but you may not.
Swanbeck: This is an outrage!
Aug 16, 2018
3 posts
The tech field seems to be more hands on than its engineering counterpart but isn't as recognized. Graduates with a b.eng or equivalent will likely be more desirable by employers than graduates with just a tech diploma. But maybe getting a degree in technology will put me above my current standing and possibly open more doors to the job industry.
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2015
1834 posts
279 upvotes
CarlM34007 wrote:
I do not know your age or your standing in your tech industry and you do not have to reveal that. Remind you this is a public space. Your showing of understanding seems to me as a outsider that you are unsure about your career prospects : tech fields are often more hands-on than their engineering counterpart but less recognized. B.Eng is more desirable. More education in tech fields -- B. Tech --- open more doors. These points of ideas are trivial and can be read in publications for the public such as brochures from university or communications with university admission office staff. Also you use adverbs and auxiliary verbs that cover the bases: will likely be, maybe, possibly et cetera.

Did you also consider other venues for getting information than posting on RFD?
Meiji: Ambassador Swanbeck, I have concluded that your treaty is NOT in the best interests of my people. So sorry, but you may not.
Aug 16, 2018
3 posts
I'm so uncertain about everything. I'll be turning 21 this year and never had a job in the field. I applied for the fall 2018 term at mac and got accepted but I didn't register for the program yet. The deadline is the 22nd of this month. The btech program is appealing because they offer two four month coop terms (mandatory in order to graduate, but I'm pretty sure I'd have to compete with engineer students for placements. Being in the engineering field without actually being an engineer, I will always have to compete with an engineer so nothing new here). The btech program at mac isn't accredited but I'll be able to get a p.eng license by writing 5 tests + eng report and completing the 4 year work term. (I'm not entirely sure if the p.eng license will be worth it though, but at least I'll have that option later in life). Another thing I can do continue sending my resume out and hope for the best. And my final option is going to lakehead university because they have a "bridge" program for humber grads to get their b.eng but lakehead isn't well known and honestly I haven't researched this option thoroughly.
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2015
1834 posts
279 upvotes
SignedA wrote: No idea, you'd have to ask the specific universities. Without knowing the program you want to transfer into, asking an online forum isn't going to give you the most accurate answers. Just call the depts you want to transfer to and ask them.
Even though this answer refers to another question, does the idea that asking on an online forum isn't going to give you the most accurate answers help you in some ways?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)