191 upvotes
why not start a thread on customers who prefer to deal with MDG? :cheesygri

the thread would have 0 views and 0 replies! :lol:
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2004
1899 posts
1 upvote
North York, Toronto
Montague wrote:why not start a thread on customers who prefer to deal with MDG? :cheesygri

the thread would have 0 views and 0 replies! :lol:
Actually...you'd have a crapload of views and 0 replies due to the fact that, anyone who reads it, would die from laughing.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4336 posts
85 upvotes
GTA
MDG is not horrible.. its the idiot customers who buy stuff from them. I find it amazing they've been so successful but there's a sucker born every minute
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2003
11504 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
ferkel wrote:MDG is not horrible.. its the idiot customers who buy stuff from them. I find it amazing they've been so successful but there's a sucker born every minute
They do good revenue, but screw the customers. Not that every other dealer is a saint, but some people I've talked to think that MDG is only a hair away from Dell. Pssh.
Heatware | eBay | (Last updated 12-28-2008)
Aug 2, 2004
5 posts
i bought a p4 1.4 from mdg, about 4 years ago, never had a problem with them
never had to call support but this was before they made it "big". when they were just a small company

i'd say
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
8636 posts
603 upvotes
GTA
One of my friends was looking at buying a laptop. He said he was looking at this store down the street from him called MDG... I said "DON'T buy it from there" , but it from Dell or buy a brandname unit from Future Shop or something. Well, he didn't listen to me and probably ended up spending $400+ more than he had to. To top it off, his computer fried itself a few days after buying it and they needed like 2 weeks to fix the thing.

What really got me was that about a month before this he brought his old junk of a computer in and they charged him like $125 to $150 to replace a power supply and then upsold him to get Windows XP on his machine!! (like his computer was anywhere CLOSE to being able to handle it)
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2004
1301 posts
heh 120 dollars? He better have gotten a brandname 450+ watter.
Aug 26, 2004
133 posts
MDG aint that bad

I bought two comps from them

first one (when i was in gr 11) i bought a value comp and had nuthing but problems

but when i was in the market a few years ago for a new comp

i chose MDG simply bc they had the beast deals IMO

i would NEVER buy a comp from FS or BB
waste of money

just like i would NEVER buy a SONY or a TOSHIBA or some other useless name brand comp

my new MDG comp works just as good as the other comps bc i got a good system this time around

i think its FS and BB who overcharges for their products
Deal Fanatic
Mar 6, 2004
9306 posts
191 upvotes
:arrowu:
works for MDG. :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2004
2021 posts
40 upvotes
insaneo wrote:MDG aint that bad

I bought two comps from them

first one (when i was in gr 11) i bought a value comp and had nuthing but problems

but when i was in the market a few years ago for a new comp

i chose MDG simply bc they had the beast deals IMO

i would NEVER buy a comp from FS or BB
waste of money

just like i would NEVER buy a SONY or a TOSHIBA or some other useless name brand comp

my new MDG comp works just as good as the other comps bc i got a good system this time around

i think its FS and BB who overcharges for their products
I don't think draw of the luck is good enough for most people.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2004
2690 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
bump I was thinking about getting the HorizionBook 900 for $699, but after reading so many bad things about MDG, I think i'll pass

If there are so many complaints about MDG, maybe someone should get the media involved such as Silverman Helps (City TV) helps@citytv.com
and/or Street Cents (CBC) streetcents@cbc.ca

Maybe less people will get suckered into buying their products
Deal Fanatic
Nov 12, 2003
7793 posts
36 upvotes
MDG is a bunch of scammers
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4988 posts
2 upvotes
MDG needs to be on RFD's retail ratings list, with negative stars.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2003
2981 posts
51 upvotes
I bought one..It was crap! Woudn't work so i open'ed it up and it was full of Doggy Doo. (viking parts)
Seize the Day!
× < >