Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

ME: NEW 25% Price beat anywhere in Canada!!

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 20th, 2011 1:16 am
Tags:
None
Nov 27, 2006
139 posts
37 upvotes
Richmond

ME: NEW 25% Price beat anywhere in Canada!!

New price beat guarantee! They now beat any Canadian retailers by 25% of the difference (not just local). And they even provide a calculator for price beat!! :twisted:

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/U ... fault.aspx

P.S: These guys really know how to get customers. (yes, they got me :cheesygri )
115 replies
Nov 1, 2008
151 posts
59 upvotes
They are doing a really good job competing in this market. Big props!
I think it's time for a new computer.
Aug 14, 2010
270 posts
16 upvotes
25% of the difference people.... Not the full price.

Hold your horses lol
Mar 26, 2010
216 posts
116 upvotes
long515 wrote: New price beat guarantee! They now beat any Canadian retailers by 25% of the difference (not just local). And they even provide a calculator for price beat!! :twisted:

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/U ... fault.aspx

P.S: These guys really know how to get customers. (yes, they got me :cheesygri )

just throwing it out there for anyone interested
i have these coupons for 10% price beat as ME were sponsors for an event. depending on what you're buying and what the price difference is, this may be better than their 25% of the difference deal.

these were handed out during the preliminaries of the competition at metrotown as well as at the finale show at river rock.

these coupons will work ONLY AT THE RICHMOND BC LOCATION. this is just like their 5%/10% deal that they had before, which means LOCAL STORES ONLY with the coupon. although the store manager is very chill, he might do online stores if you talk to him.

PM if you would like some coupons. again, THIS IS RICHMOND,BC ONLY.
i have a ton of them available.

oh yeah, theres no expiry date listed on the coupons, but i dont know how long ME will honour them for, it may be at their discretion. the events happened in march, and finale happened early may. so these are still good as far as im concerned.
Nov 1, 2008
151 posts
59 upvotes
Koraboros wrote: 25% of the difference people.... Not the full price.

Hold your horses lol

Yes. And they are willing to do it against online prices to bat. Without tacking on shipping and weaseling out of lower prices, unlike other infamous companies.
Jul 5, 2010
65 posts
51 upvotes
Koraboros wrote: 25% of the difference people.... Not the full price.

Hold your horses lol

When has it ever NOT been on the difference?
Mar 26, 2010
216 posts
116 upvotes
RobVIP wrote: When has it ever NOT been on the difference?

they were doing FULL 5% (and sometimes 10%) price beats for awhile
Aug 23, 2010
990 posts
90 upvotes
of the difference makes much more sense imo :/
Contests Won: None :mad:
Deal Expert
May 14, 2007
15496 posts
2735 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
hot hot hot, now open a ME store in toronto or markham. lol
Feb 22, 2010
238 posts
19 upvotes
Nice! We couldn't really take advantage of price beat here in AB cuz.. there is no local real hardware stores (b-com is the only one I am aware of...)

With this, hopefully we can take advantage of our low tax AND pricebeat!
Banned
Feb 11, 2005
1828 posts
35 upvotes
VanCity
akwok wrote: The old 10% of the total cost was a better deal than 25% of the difference...

are you sure about that:

ME - $20
BB - $10

i think in most cases you are right...of course, i might be wrong if i misunderstood the policies.

brings back memories of staples beat by 50% of difference...the good old days.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2008
1468 posts
990 upvotes
keinjuan wrote: Nice! We couldn't really take advantage of price beat here in AB cuz.. there is no local real hardware stores (b-com is the only one I am aware of...)

With this, hopefully we can take advantage of our low tax AND pricebeat!

I use memory express + shopbot to do my computer shopping, with this 25% difference thing it makes it even better :D
Just gotta make sure the product doesn't say limited qty or something like that, some managers are stingy.
Mar 26, 2010
216 posts
116 upvotes
ditachan wrote: I use memory express + shopbot to do my computer shopping, with this 25% difference thing it makes it even better :D
Just gotta make sure the product doesn't say limited qty or something like that, some managers are stingy.

i went to them to price match ncix limited quantity weekly sales plenty of times @.@
they just told me it has to be in stock
that could differ with diff locations though i guess
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2008
3854 posts
374 upvotes
DVDManiac wrote: are you sure about that:

ME - $20
BB - $10

i think in most cases you are right...of course, i might be wrong if i misunderstood the policies.

brings back memories of staples beat by 50% of difference...the good old days.

Precisely, you just have to find good products WITH large price differences to really capitalize on this deal. Huge kudos for ME to step up the competition. :D
jimmerz wrote: i went to them to price match ncix limited quantity weekly sales plenty of times @.@
they just told me it has to be in stock
that could differ with diff locations though i guess

Exactly, the same case applied to my PM's as well. As long as the retailer had inventory, ME was willing to PM even if the competitor's price was $0.10 lower :cheesygri ;)
Nov 27, 2006
139 posts
37 upvotes
Richmond
akwok wrote: The old 10% of the total cost was a better deal than 25% of the difference...

Well, not in this case:

For example: ME sells an item for $100, xxxx sells it for $80.

With the old 5% total beat policy:
$80 x 95% = $76...............................................................Lose

NEW 25% Difference policy:
$100 - $15 (=>25% of the difference) = $75.........................Win

For a bigger item, say: ME:$500, xxxx: $400

Old 5%:
$400 x 95% = $380.............................................................Lose

NEW 25%:
$400 - $25 (=>25% of the difference) = $375........................WIN

:twisted:
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2008
3854 posts
374 upvotes

The old 10% price beat was better if the price difference was minimal. The new promotion is better if the price difference is large. Just have to spend a little more time finding good deals to PM ;)
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1788 posts
2623 upvotes
Will price matching a price match work? Just wondering. :D
Mar 26, 2010
216 posts
116 upvotes
Terrific_Deals2k8 wrote: The old 10% price beat was better if the price difference was minimal. The new promotion is better if the price difference is large. Just have to spend a little more time finding good deals to PM ;)

bingo.

10% price beat was especially powerful for high value items that were minimally cheaper with competitors.

for example: 1299.99 (ME) vs 1279.99 (Competitor) laptop. (or TV's)

old 5%/10% : you will pay $1215.99/ $1151.99
new 25% difference: you will pay $1274.99
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2003
1773 posts
26 upvotes
Vancouver
5% of lower price was better. its hard to find a large difference anyways on the popular items.
MY RIG:

C2D E6400 2.1ghz @ 4.2ghz (ran stock only - fast enough - idle 23'C, max load - 39'C)
4gb Kingston DDR2-800 PC6400
Biostar Tforce 965p
ATI 4850 w/ Accelero 2 cooler. (idle 40'C, max load 50'C)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)