Boxing Day 2012 Deals Archive

is it me or is this the worst boxing day in the history of boxing days???

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 5th, 2013 1:54 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 8, 2005
824 posts
8 upvotes

is it me or is this the worst boxing day in the history of boxing days???

Ram that was for 35$ went up to 45$
laptops that were for 200-300$ went up by 100-150$
Usb 16gb key that were for 7$ went up to 10$...
22 replies
Dec 4, 2005
878 posts
70 upvotes
The Boxing Day following the Great Depression was worse, actually.
Oct 12, 2009
143 posts
12 upvotes
worst since I didn't buy anything but dvd+r during boxing week with price match.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2012
1181 posts
237 upvotes
Barrie
Depends what you are looking for as with anything and sales. People here are just greedy and expect 80% off sales on everything they see.
Jan 20, 2007
926 posts
277 upvotes
Oakville
Greedy? Frugal shopping is what these forums are about.

And I agree..
Nothing I saw during boxing day sales was something I couldn't find/pm during a normal sale any other time of the year..

*shrug*
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
3013 posts
386 upvotes
Toronto
I think boxing day is becoming the day to "buy the stuffs you would need to buy anyway, and save a few bucks", instead of what used to be "buy stuffs that you otherwise wouldn't".
Dec 15, 2012
546 posts
146 upvotes
sad thread.

the answer is no, OP...
Dec 31, 2012
54 posts
4 upvotes
Belle province
looking at the deals and the lineup at stores during that day, i guess i'd say yes. clothing wise, i got some nice discount on what i was looking for. didn't care for games and electronics
Oct 24, 2012
92 posts
12 upvotes
Kitchener
Can't wait for these stupid "Boxing Month" sales to end. I'm tired of seeing the same non-deals over and over again. New flyer already!
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
12883 posts
1645 upvotes
It's just you.

/endthread
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2001
3588 posts
132 upvotes
Cochrane
I got my LG 50PA6500 from Costco prior to boxing day sale for a lower price than during boxing day.
I got my Samsung SCX-3405w a few days after boxing day for cheaper than boxing day price.
I got my Omni TV mount for $50 from Dell and thought that was pretty good deal.
Got wifey on the $29/mnth plan on Wind, with a $200 upfront cost for the GNexus. Since we don't plan to move away from this plan, the tab is irrelevant and seems like a good deal.
Got a couple of tickets to HK for a couple hundred dollars cheaper than boxing day.
Got wifey a down jacket for $100 less than retail.

Considering the above were things I eventually needed anyhow I might as well save a few dollars doing it.
"i love my girl friend and my girl friend loves me ok so you cant love me"
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1324 posts
120 upvotes
Winnipeg
you've just gotten better at finding deals, and smarter about knowing what is really a good price.

i had BY FAR the most fun going out and buying stuff on boxing day before i found out about redflagdeals, and the year after when i only found it during boxing day.

since then every year has felt 'blah' because i've been aware of the better deals that come up the rest of the year

it also seems worse since i don't have anything i want to buy anymore. so even when a tv is 800bux off, it's still a 1000 bux that i don't want to spend
× < >