Boxing Day 2012 Deals Archive

is it me or is this the worst boxing day in the history of boxing days???

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 5th, 2013 1:54 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jun 27, 2004
9760 posts
483 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
People have been saying for years that each Boxing Day is getting worse.
The other way to look at it is that the deals during the year are getting better :) .
Nov 28, 2003
336 posts
44 upvotes
Montreal
Interesting to note that on some items (eg Kaspersky Internet Security), Futureshop is offering better deals now than on boxing day.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2005
3735 posts
2273 upvotes
Toronto
ejay2k3 wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2013 12:10 pm
Ram that was for 35$ went up to 45$
laptops that were for 200-300$ went up by 100-150$
Usb 16gb key that were for 7$ went up to 10$...
Just don't log on RFD and you will have a better boxing day next year. Everyday is boxing day if you look at RFD "Hot deals" forum.
Jan 23, 2010
253 posts
49 upvotes
The deals are getting better throughout the year, but there are less "clearance" type sales. :(
May 2, 2006
50 posts
2 upvotes
Actually the BEST sales this year are probably the month (or so) before Christmas. The deals are potentially just as good (as the best deals during the year), BUT... you get like almost a 2 month return policy at most of the big boxes. =) And with that return policy comes the price guarantee as well.

(e.g. I picked up an DSLR in November on a PM but d'oh!!! Price dropped early Dec. after 14 days... but phew, I could return and re-PM or just re-PM (that math is more complicated than just the return and rebuy.. or rebuy and return whatever...))

Of course the real question is which year are we going to see the first Boxing Month... you know it's coming... (pre-boxing day sales + boxing day + boxing week + extended boxing week --> what's that 3 weeks?)
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1324 posts
120 upvotes
Winnipeg
tofugrunt wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 6:45 pm
Actually the BEST sales this year are probably the month (or so) before Christmas. The deals are potentially just as good (as the best deals during the year), BUT... you get like almost a 2 month return policy at most of the big boxes. =) And with that return policy comes the price guarantee as well.

(e.g. I picked up an DSLR in November on a PM but d'oh!!! Price dropped early Dec. after 14 days... but phew, I could return and re-PM or just re-PM (that math is more complicated than just the return and rebuy.. or rebuy and return whatever...))

Of course the real question is which year are we going to see the first Boxing Month... you know it's coming... (pre-boxing day sales + boxing day + boxing week + extended boxing week --> what's that 3 weeks?)
by my count bestbuy/fs was the longest, starting on the 24th and being 'extended' to the 10th.
Mar 23, 2012
214 posts
40 upvotes
WINNIPEG
Worst Boxing Day I can remember for movies/tv seasons. Some would argue that I say this only because I have already purchased all the movies I wanted on previous boxing days. However I took special notice of what movies were on sale and their prices wether I had them or not, and still one of the worst years for deals.
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1324 posts
120 upvotes
Winnipeg
ppl still buy movies? haha. i wouldn't pay more than 5bux for a bluray personally. it's just too easy to get HD movies for less streaming, etc. not even talking about pirating in which you can get them for pennies(the price of your bandwidth used)
× < >