Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Memory Express

Zalman Z11 ATX Mid Tower Case $39.99 (AR)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2014 1:59 pm
Nov 19, 2009
180 posts
44 upvotes
Calgary

[Memory Express] Zalman Z11 ATX Mid Tower Case $39.99 (AR)

It looks like 4 fans built-in.

Cooling Front: 1 x 120mm or 140mm (120mm Blue LED Fan x 1 built-in)
Rear: 1 x 120mm (120mm x 1 Standard Fan built-in)
Top: 2 x 120mm or 140mm Fan (optional)
Side: 2 x 80mm (80mm Standard Fan x 2 built-in)
Bottom: 1 x 120mm or 140mm (optional)
22 replies
Feb 5, 2012
782 posts
590 upvotes
Calgary
any owner can comment on this? I'm a little interested.
Dec 2, 2012
98 posts
55 upvotes
I built my wife's computer with this case. Nothing special. It just works.
Oct 23, 2007
863 posts
166 upvotes
Tempted to buy for a future computer I'll build someday.... :D Shipping is $9, very reasonable.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21133 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
Very good case overall. It looks great with 5 fans- 3-120MM and 2-80MM. It has good cable management too.
Oct 13, 2007
644 posts
254 upvotes
Alberta
Had case for about a year. Got it for 25 through some deal here. Tight on the cable hiding side. Lots of bays for hd's and easy mounting. Pretty blue lights.

Biggest knock for me was the tightness of the side where you hide cables. Look at at few YouTube vids for tricks on removing front and connecting the usb3's on the front. They are not connected when you get it.
Sep 20, 2008
908 posts
195 upvotes
Montreal
FYI

I had to argue with 4myrebates customer service (for at least 30mins each time) for EVERY MIR that I had to do with a Zalman product (3 of them so far)... They try to find every way possible to deny the MIR.

First time, they said "UPC was not included" when it was 100% visible from the scans of my submitted documents. The second and third times, they claim that I have reached "the maximum number of claims [47] per household", which I never got close to, I only claimed two items (only person in my house that knows about computer hardware at all)
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
1906 posts
1000 upvotes
pulsedragon20 wrote: FYI

I had to argue with 4myrebates customer service (for at least 30mins each time) for EVERY MIR that I had to do with a Zalman product (3 of them so far)... They try to find every way possible to deny the MIR.

First time, they said "UPC was not included" when it was 100% visible from the scans of my submitted documents. The second and third times, they claim that I have reached "the maximum number of claims [47] per household", which I never got close to, I only claimed two items (only person in my house that knows about computer hardware at all)
My recent rebate for Zalman was good. They received the documents a week after I sent in the rebate via snail mail.

Just waiting for the rebate cheque now.
Sep 20, 2008
908 posts
195 upvotes
Montreal
berniebennybernard wrote: My recent rebate for Zalman was good. They received the documents a week after I sent in the rebate via snail mail.

Just waiting for the rebate cheque now.
I guess they just hate me or something :D

When I do an Asus rebate with 4myrebates, I have no problems so far (touch wood) and has processed really fast for each (done 2 so far)
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2010
2602 posts
488 upvotes
DFR Headquarter
i think its a hit and miss with rebate.
some time yourself is the worst enemy. losing track of time or forgot to expect a rebate and not follow up on it.

im a little interested with this case as well because of the top with its extra "space".
ive always like that in a case but could never justify paying $100 for the antec 900.
so i've regrettably bought the antec df 30
Banned
Oct 15, 2005
12954 posts
1617 upvotes
North York
looks good, but function wise it sucks.
trust me.. i was an owner for almost a year.
at first it was ok. later on as i upgraded. it began to be a pain in the...
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21133 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
You can't go wrong with this price. It comes with 5 fans.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2011
4419 posts
11419 upvotes
Quebec
Amazing case..... I have this one since 2 years.... It's simply amazing.. You can't go wrong at this price
In my opinion, every intervention in RFD deserve a "thanks". Thanks given until now: more than 100,000

Giving "Likes" gives cancer.... Don't do it!!!!
Oct 17, 2009
64 posts
29 upvotes
Brampton
Pretty good case, I've owned one for about 6 months now.

One thing that you may want to consider is that this case expands out at the bottom so you cant just lie it on the side by taking off the side panel, you also have to take off the front cover.

So if you're like me and change parts frequently it can get annoying.

Anyways still a great buy.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2011
4419 posts
11419 upvotes
Quebec
ssjlancer wrote: usb2.0 :/
No, No USB 3.0 too
In my opinion, every intervention in RFD deserve a "thanks". Thanks given until now: more than 100,000

Giving "Likes" gives cancer.... Don't do it!!!!
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2010
1349 posts
701 upvotes
Surrey
pulsedragon20 wrote: FYI

That's where people think they are right but they are actually not. Than they blame MIR in general or the company (TD, Zalman etc).

It is clearly stated in the form 1 MIR (means rebate on one particular item) per [person, billing address, household and receipt/invoice/packing slip]. Than there is "Only one (1) rebate application per envelope."

SO 1st, that 47 per household means that that form is eligible for 47 items i.e. it's a common shared form, BUT it does not supersedes the original rule. So, you would have to buy each item as separate transaction with different order number and you should've NOT bought more than one of each item (for example you can have same form for Zalam case, Zalman fan, and Zalman cooler BUT each should be on different receipt in different envelop applied separately on different application and you can only apply for one MIR per items so you cannot apply for 2 fans or 2 cases etc. even if they are on different receipts - that's where the 1 MIR per person/household rule kicks in)

2nd, it gets to the point where it's too confusing for general public and usually end up not being worth it. Some people think they can get around by using different emails or forms for more than 1 items but a single mistake like same order number and there goes your chances of getting that MIR. Hopefully the info above will help you prevent those kinds of mistakes in the future.
0 tolerance for BS.
If I downvote, chances are it's less about the deal, and more about OP's inability to take criticism and constantly favoring their deal due to their ego.
A fool and his money are soon parted.
Sep 20, 2008
908 posts
195 upvotes
Montreal
grayhal wrote: That's where people think they are right but they are actually not. Than they blame MIR in general or the company (TD, Zalman etc).

It is clearly stated in the form 1 MIR (means rebate on one particular item) per [person, billing address, household and receipt/invoice/packing slip]. Than there is "Only one (1) rebate application per envelope."
First off, I'm not blaming Zalman (the manufacturer), I'm blaming the rebate processing company (4myrebates, which may or may not take "orders"/"actions"/"advise" from Zalman directly).

Second, the condition that is stated in most rebate forms is (including the item mentioned in this thread) "Only 1 rebate(s) per qualifying product per household per
promotion will be accepted." In THIS CASE (the PC case), it's one per "envelope" per address. In MY CASE, it allows me to have "one of each qualifying product" in the same "envelope" and same address, the condition that mentions "rebate(s)" and not "rebate", i.e. MORE THAN ONE rebate. I bought one case fan and one PC voltage monitor and thus does not violate the condition at all.
SO 1st, that 47 per household means that that form is eligible for 47 items i.e. it's a common shared form, BUT it does not supersedes the original rule. So, you would have to buy each item as separate transaction with different order number and you should've NOT bought more than one of each item (for example you can have same form for Zalam case, Zalman fan, and Zalman cooler BUT each should be on different receipt in different envelop applied separately on different application and you can only apply for one MIR per items so you cannot apply for 2 fans or 2 cases etc. even if they are on different receipts - that's where the 1 MIR per person/household rule kicks in)
Ummmmm... You do not need to have a different invoice number/different receipt for each different item considering that when you fill out the form, it COMBINES all the individual items AND the TOTAL rebate amount (in my case it was $10 + $20 = $30) AUTOMATICALLY on the "final form" used for the rebate(s). No clue where you came up with the idea of putting each different product in different envelopes (i.e fan rebate in envelope "A" and PC case rebate in envelope "B") since it never mentioned you had to do that...unless I'm not understand you correctly.

BACK TO THE DEAL MENTION:

I have a Zalman case (not this model, I have the Z9 Plus with "similar" construction and "features") and have seen plenty of different ones in stores (including this model) and find them all sturdy but the cable management is really painful because it gets extremely tight with all the SATA cables, fan cables, power cables and other cables. Also, the screws they provide can get stripped with minimal force... Having USB 3.0 ports on the front panel would be good but none of my "budget" MOBOs (Asrock H81 Pro BTC to name one) has any USB 3.0 header so it doesn't matter as much to me.
Sep 5, 2009
9 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Looks like everyone in this thread already has this case lol.

For anyone looking to buy I would say it's a good price but you might have trouble fitting it in the cubby under your desk since the case is weirdly shaped and all.

Also I never got the rebate either (maybe it's my luck) so it may end up costing you a little bit more than you expect.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2006
1169 posts
368 upvotes
I know beauty is the in the eye of the beholder and all that but this case looks like it's an old constipated Transformer that's swallowed a hippopotamus.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)