Dec 12, 2003
1838 posts
283 upvotes

MealPal $5.83 After Tax Per Meal - downtown Toronto only

Price:
$5.83/meal
Expiry:
August 31, 2018
Right now there is a promotion where you can get a $50 Amazon gift card when you refer a friend to use MealPal, and your friend will also get a $50 Amazon gift card. It works out to 24 lunches in a 2 month period for $5.83 each after tax ($5.16 before tax).

Details: if you sign up with a referral code, you will be paying $7/meal x 12 meals x 1.13 tax = $94.92 if you sign up for the 12 meal plan. You have to pay for 2 months which is 24 meals. Since you will get a $50 Amazon gift card (almost as liquid as cash), your effective cost is essentially $189.84 - $50 = $139.84 / 24 = $5.83 per meal AFTER TAX. When you sign up for the 12 meal plan, you have 30 DAYS to use it starting from the day you signed up. There are no cancellation fees, so to maximize value you can cancel after 2 billing cycles (60 days).

However, if you find another person to refer, you will also get another $50 Amazon gift card, making your effective cost $89.84 = $3.74 / meal!

Some meals I got in the past:

Burger Priest - Magnum Burger + Fries (Normally $14.98 + Tax)
Poke Box - Spicy Box (Normally $11.90 + Tax)
PAI - Green Curry with Rice (Normally $13 + Tax)
Kupfert & Kim - Almond Lime Bowl (Normally $13.40 + Tax)

How MealPal works is basically you have from 5 PM the previous day to 9:30 AM the next day to pre-order a lunch meal for the day. You can choose 1 specialty dish from restaurants near you. In downtown Toronto, there are around 40-50 meals (81 different locations) choices every day. However, if you miss the pickup time to get your meal, you will lose that meal (that is how they make money).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
The Refer-A-Friend bonus applies to new MealPal customers who sign up through a qualified current member's unique link. If the terms are met, the current member ("referee") and the referred member ("referred") will each receive an Amazon ® e-gift card via email within approximately 30 days of the conditions being met. Both the referee and the referred will be required to verify their identity via a unique mobile phone number to qualify. To qualify for the promotion, the referee must be either i.) an active paying MealPal member on a 30-day cycle, and must renew for a subsequent paid 30-day cycle on one of the noted plans; ii.) an active paying flex member who consumes at least 6 meals in the 30 days following the referred member's sign-up date and who renews for at least one more flex cycle following the current cycle. Additionally, to qualify for the promotion, the referred must select the 12 lunch, 20 lunch, 10 dinner, or 15 dinner meal plan and complete two consecutive paid 30-day meal cycles. Previous or inactive MealPal members are ineligible. Limited to one e-gift card per new MealPal member. This offer expires on August 31, 2018 at 11:59pm PT and cannot be combined with any other promotion. Amazon® is a registered trademark of Amazon, Inc.
Mod Edit: NO REFERRAL REQUESTS, NO "PM ME IF YOU NEED HELP", NO SCREENSHOTS WITH YOUR REFERRAL LINK, etc.
Last edited by drunkgoat on Aug 29th, 2018 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
9 replies
May 12, 2012
467 posts
344 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Definitely curious but the website seems to be just a sign-up page? I wanted to know how it worked, Does it automatically generate meals? Do I get to choose from a selection? How long is the pick-up window? Are pick-up times fixed or can I choose within a time window?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2003
1838 posts
283 upvotes
Ferny111 wrote:
Aug 28th, 2018 7:49 pm
Definitely curious but the website seems to be just a sign-up page? I wanted to know how it worked, Does it automatically generate meals? Do I get to choose from a selection? How long is the pick-up window? Are pick-up times fixed or can I choose within a time window?
You need a referral from someone who already has an active account in order to get the deal. Each restaurant offers 1 meal per day, usually a new meal everyday on weekly cycle. You browse through the photos of the meals and pick whatever restaurant you feel. Pickup windows are 15 minutes, and run from 11:30 am to 2:30pm. You choose your 15 minute pickup window from their fixed options, e.g. 11:30-11:45 or 11:45 to 12:00...etc.
Oct 8, 2014
194 posts
221 upvotes
Toronto
FYI in order to get the referral bonus of $50, you need the person who you've referred to subscribe for 2 months, not just the first month.

Also some meals have much smaller portions than normal for MealPal.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2003
1838 posts
283 upvotes
grouperfish wrote:
Aug 28th, 2018 8:00 pm
FYI in order to get the referral bonus of $50, you need the person who you've referred to subscribe for 2 months, not just the first month.

Also some meals have much smaller portions than normal for MealPal.
I've found the portions to be normal compared to buying it directly, at which restaurant did you find smaller portions?
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
5387 posts
1103 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I rmbr their 1 free meal for each new account (no purchase reqd). Got like 3 in one day lmao.
Oct 8, 2014
194 posts
221 upvotes
Toronto
drunkgoat wrote:
Aug 29th, 2018 7:51 pm
I've found the portions to be normal compared to buying it directly, at which restaurant did you find smaller portions?

Sukhothai was tiny.
Nov 20, 2015
31 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Time to bug some coworkers.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2006
1418 posts
1797 upvotes
Bumped:
You can still get a $30 discount off your first month just by signing up to MealPal!

Link here: https://mealpal.us18.list-manage.com/
"Women are like teabags; you don't know how strong they are until you put them in hot water." :cheesygri
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
11161 posts
5998 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
WTH ? This is what I got when I clicked
______
/ ____ ]__
C{ ( o o )}
{ ••
\___
––––´

You probably found this page because one of our subscribers used Mailchimp to send you an email campaign and you traced a link in the email back here to investigate. Mailchimp is a marketing platform that serves millions of companies of all shapes and sizes, from all over the world. We send more than 1 billion emails every day, and we help our customers comply with spam laws and best practices so they can get their campaigns into their subscribers' inboxes.

|\/| _ .| _|_ . _ _
| |(_|||(_| )|||||_)
|
Love What You Do
fashionelle1 wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2018 12:12 pm
Bumped:
You can still get a $30 discount off your first month just by signing up to MealPal!

Link here: https://mealpal.us18.list-manage.com/

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!