42 upvotes
YORK

Get a $50 amazon gift card with a referral purchase

Deal Link:
Savings:
50%
Retailer:
Mealpal
Cost per meal - 6.99 per meal x 1.13 tax = 7.90 x 12 meals = $94.78 - $50 giftcard = $44.78/12 = $3.73 per meal.

Just make sure to set your subscription to pause so you don't get charged full value the next time.
You do need someone to to send you a referral code or if you don't want to do that I would suggest signing up to mealpal.com and waiting for their promotional emails. They tend to offer pretty decent terms.

Notes:
- Downtown Toronto only.
- Order the day before 5pm -9am
- Pickup the next day at a time of your choosing.
- Lots of options.

T&C -Refer a Friend Bonus will be paid for new MealPal customers who sign up through your unique link.You and your friend will receive your Amazon® e-gift-card via email within approximately 45 days of your friend signing up. Only applies to NEW customers joining the 12 or 20 meal plans. New users must sign up with their friend's invite link and complete their first cycle to qualify for the promotion. Refer-a-Friend offer cannot be combined with any other promotional offer.
Last edited by thedudemrt on Oct 16th, 2017 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
17 replies
[OP]
Mar 9, 2014
64 posts
42 upvotes
YORK
I'm using them now. I don't know were you can get lunch in toronto for under $4. But if you know some i'd love to hear about it.

Some samples of what I had.

Kupfurt and kIm bowl - regular price $13
Paramount small bowl - regular price $9
Chickery 2 piece chicken and fries ~ $11

hope that helps.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
3650 posts
367 upvotes
I'm also using Mealpal. With the Amazon gift card, it's definitely a deal!
Last edited by fightbriz on Oct 16th, 2017 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sep 11, 2006
843 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto
Depending on the restaurant, you can definitely get some good deals on mealpal. I’m still deciding if I’m going to continue after my first cycle or not. It can get repetitive sometimes in the offering each place has.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
3650 posts
367 upvotes
jhuynh wrote:
Oct 16th, 2017 5:51 pm
Depending on the restaurant, you can definitely get some good deals on mealpal. I’m still deciding if I’m going to continue after my first cycle or not. It can get repetitive sometimes in the offering each place has.
True.. Some meals are great value, while others are barely any savings. So as long as you pick the right ones.

I am enjoying my subscription though. Especially with the Amazon gift card it is definitely a good deal.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
1284 posts
83 upvotes
I am about two weeks into my subscription - portion sizes are great. Some examples from the past week (I work near king and Spadina):

Burgers Priest:. Fiery Furnace burger/Fries
Pai: Green Curry chicken + Rice
Kupfert and Kim:. Almond Lime Bowl
Kupfert and Kim: Thai Curry Bowl
Illstyle Sammie's: Some sort of Cheese steak
Squarefish:. Chicken Katsu Bowl

In every case, the portion size was the equivalent of what I would get if I ordered that thing off the menu, and in most cases what I paid (not including any referral bonuses, even) was selling for twice what I paid.

Mealpal is, for my use case (toddler at home, no time to cook/make lunches many days) a fantastic deal and I can't recommend it enough. The highest praise I can give: it has single handedly dethroned ritual as my go-to lunch ordering app!! Happy to answer any questions about the service if I have missed anything!
Xbox Live Gamertag: iEATkittens
Heatware: [url=http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=19658]26-0-0
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
3650 posts
367 upvotes
ieatkittens wrote:
Oct 16th, 2017 9:49 pm
I am about two weeks into my subscription - portion sizes are great. Some examples from the past week (I work near king and Spadina):

Burgers Priest:. Fiery Furnace burger/Fries
Pai: Green Curry chicken + Rice
Kupfert and Kim:. Almond Lime Bowl
Kupfert and Kim: Thai Curry Bowl
Illstyle Sammie's: Some sort of Cheese steak
Squarefish:. Chicken Katsu Bowl

In every case, the portion size was the equivalent of what I would get if I ordered that thing off the menu, and in most cases what I paid (not including any referral bonuses, even) was selling for twice what I paid.

Mealpal is, for my use case (toddler at home, no time to cook/make lunches many days) a fantastic deal and I can't recommend it enough. The highest praise I can give: it has single handedly dethroned ritual as my go-to lunch ordering app!! Happy to answer any questions about the service if I have missed anything!
I will have to disagree about PAI however. It is a half portion. PAI makes great food, but don't be fooled into thinking it is a full portion.

I do order from Kupfert and Kim and Squarefish though, will try Burger's Priest next time.
Jun 3, 2007
414 posts
65 upvotes
Scarborough
sounds interesting,just moved to downtown office
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2009
2667 posts
238 upvotes
Make sure to get the Amazon.ca gift card..I received the Amazon.com gift card and have no use for it.
PSN: RunOrDie226
add me!
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
3650 posts
367 upvotes
RunOrDie wrote:
Oct 16th, 2017 11:29 pm
Make sure to get the Amazon.ca gift card..I received the Amazon.com gift card and have no use for it.
How did you get that? It's not like it gives you a choice.. You should receive Amazon.ca
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
2136 posts
693 upvotes
YUL/YVR
Looks like its Toronto only and those down south.
Apr 9, 2010
309 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto
fightbriz wrote:
Oct 16th, 2017 11:45 pm
How did you get that? It's not like it gives you a choice.. You should receive Amazon.ca
Well maybe the mix up happened because MealPal is American and Toronto is the only Canadian city with Mealpal at the moment. Maybe they just promoted all across NA and is using the same gifts for everyone. Sometimes I get MealPal emails that has American pricing in them (i.e $6 for the US vs. $7 for Canada).
Sep 11, 2006
843 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto
FYI, it's been extended to the end of this week but they changed the terms. The referred person must complete 2 cycles in order to receive the gift card and the referrer needs to be active and not on hold.
The active subscriber (the "referrer") and the referred friend (the "referred") will receive an Amazon® e-gift-card via email within approximately 30 days of meeting the requirements of this referral program.

The referred users must sign up with the referrers unique invite link on the 12 or 20 meal plans and complete two consecutive paid cycles for a 12 or 20 meal plan to qualify for the promotion. The referrer must be an active subscriber at the time of the referral, and must renew for their next cycle. The referrer may not be on hold when they refer someone and may not go on hold for their following cycle.

Previous or inactive MealPal subscribers are not eligible to be the referrer or the referred. This offer only applies to new paying MealPal subscribers. Limit to one $50 e-gift card per new MealPal account created.

This offer expires at the end of this week and cannot be combined with any other offer.
Apr 9, 2010
309 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto
fightbriz wrote:
Oct 16th, 2017 9:58 pm
I will have to disagree about PAI however. It is a half portion. PAI makes great food, but don't be fooled into thinking it is a full portion.

I do order from Kupfert and Kim and Squarefish though, will try Burger's Priest next time.
While I do like MealPal, I also have to agree that the sizing for Poke Box is smaller than if you paid (the portion is too small for the box they put it in). Also, at one point, what you got at Kanga was worth less than the $6.99 you pay at MealPal (a meat pie is about $6.50 to $6.85), then they added a spinach roll to the meal to even it out a bit

A lot of the other meals though seem to give a fair amount. It's quite convenient too, just more complicated if you have dietary restrictions.