Expired Hot Deals

[MealPal] MealPal Last Day $3.74 After Tax Per Meal Toronto!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2017 10:19 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2010
1718 posts
348 upvotes
Scarborough

MealPal Last Day $3.74 After Tax Per Meal Toronto!

Deal Link:
Expiry:
August 25, 2017
Retailer:
MealPal
Hi all,

Right now there is a promotion going on where you can get a $50 Amazon gift card when you refer a friend to use MealPal, and your friend will also get a $50 Amazon gift card.

Basically, if you sign up with a referral code (referral email link), you will be paying $7/meal x 12 meals x 1.13 tax = $94.92 if you sign up for the 12 meal plan. Since you will get a $50 Amazon gift card (almost as liquid as cash), your effective cost is essentially $94.92 - $50 = $44.92 / 12 = $3.74 per meal AFTER TAX. You can also sign up for the 20 meal plan, but effective cost per meal is $5.41. When you sign up for the 12 meal plan, you have 30 DAYS to use it starting from the day you signed up. There are no cancellation fees, so to maximize value you can cancel after 1 billing cycle (30 days).

However, if you find another person to refer, you will also get another $50 Amazon gift card, making your effective cost $44.92 - $50 = FREE MEALS!

Some meals I got in the past:

Burger Priest - Magnum Burger + Fries (Normally $14.98 + Tax)
Poke Box - Spicy Box (Normally $11.90 + Tax)
PAI - Green Curry with Rice (Normally $13 + Tax)
Kupfert & Kim - Almond Lime Bowl (Normally $13.40 + Tax)

How MealPal works is basically you have from 5 PM the previous day to 9:30 AM the next day to pre-order a lunch meal for the day. You can choose 1 specialty dish from restaurants near you. In downtown Toronto, there are around 40-50 choices every day. However, if you miss the pickup time to get your meal, you will lose that meal (that is how they make money).

mod edit: NO REFERRAL REQUESTS, NO "PM ME IF YOU NEED HELP", NO SCREENSHOTS WITH YOUR REFERRAL LINK, etc.

Terms and conditions can be read here:

Refer a Friend Bonus will be paid for new MealPal customers signed up from 8/15/17 to 8/21/17. You and your friend will receive your Amazon® e-gift-card via email within approximately 45 days of your friend signing up. Only applies to new customers joining the 12 or 20 meal plans. New users must sign up with their friend's invite link and complete their first cycle to qualify for the promotion. This offer expires 11:59PM local time on 8/21/17. AMAZON® is a registered trademark of Amazon Technologies, Inc.
Images
  • MP.png
Last edited by MrDisco on Aug 18th, 2017 10:40 am, edited 7 times in total.
132 replies
Jul 4, 2010
24 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Can I refer my wife? Or do they need accounts to have distinct addresses?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2010
1718 posts
348 upvotes
Scarborough
elpietro wrote:
Aug 18th, 2017 10:50 am
Can I refer my wife? Or do they need accounts to have distinct addresses?
I think you can, they don't ask for address when you sign up. I think you only give your name, email, and payment info. Unless they actually trace address from your CC, but I don't think they have access to that information.
Jun 24, 2015
48 posts
20 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
can you use it whenever (spread it through couple months) or specifically in a month?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2010
1718 posts
348 upvotes
Scarborough
cozyhug wrote:
Aug 18th, 2017 10:55 am
can you use it whenever (spread it through couple months) or specifically in a month?
You have 30 days to use your 12 meals.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3832 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto
can you refer yourself (with diff emails)?
BST meeting place:
Monday-Fri (9am-5pm): Queen Station or Eaton Centre
Monday-Thurs (after 5:30pm): Sheppard & Yonge
Saturday and Sunday: n/a
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2010
1718 posts
348 upvotes
Scarborough
yesstyle wrote:
Aug 18th, 2017 11:17 am
can you refer yourself (with diff emails)?
I don't see why not. But keep in mind you will have to use those meals within 30 days.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3832 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto
Devotion wrote:
Aug 18th, 2017 11:20 am
I don't see why not. But keep in mind you will have to use those meals within 30 days.
but only if you both sign up for the mealplans that you get the $50
BST meeting place:
Monday-Fri (9am-5pm): Queen Station or Eaton Centre
Monday-Thurs (after 5:30pm): Sheppard & Yonge
Saturday and Sunday: n/a
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2010
1718 posts
348 upvotes
Scarborough
yesstyle wrote:
Aug 18th, 2017 11:21 am
but only if you both sign up for the mealplans that you get the $50
Yes, that is correct. The person referring has to be subscribed to a plan in order to receive the $50 gift card on their end.
Apr 26, 2016
151 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto, ON
They're pretty much paying us to eat.
The Mrs and I have both used Meal pal for two cycles. Its not bad and you can refer one another and another email account etc to keep the referral bonuses coming in.

Only thing is that some of the places Downtown Toronto have the same repetitive meals week, after week. And for that reason I choose not to renew for my third cycle (Wife loves it, because its a hot meal/salad that would normally cost $12)

Defiantly try it out for that price. Cant go wrong with the referral bonus - Amazon E-card was emailed within 10 days of my first meal.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
19179 posts
121742 upvotes
GTA
Wish they would expand beyond the downtown core...
Oct 6, 2006
167 posts
86 upvotes
doesn't like its much variety .... for that reason i'm out.
:twisted: May your wallet R.I.P :twisted:
Nov 18, 2016
6 posts
2 upvotes
It is a great offer . they have decent options almost everywhere near downtown area. Most places have the meal prepared, so its just the matter of going in and picking it up.
One downside is , you have to pick the meal by 9:30 am. So if you forget, you are pretty much out of luck.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2010
1718 posts
348 upvotes
Scarborough
RangerG wrote:
Aug 18th, 2017 11:37 am
They're pretty much paying us to eat.
The Mrs and I have both used Meal pal for two cycles. Its not bad and you can refer one another and another email account etc to keep the referral bonuses coming in.

Only thing is that some of the places Downtown Toronto have the same repetitive meals week, after week. And for that reason I choose not to renew for my third cycle (Wife loves it, because its a hot meal/salad that would normally cost $12)

Defiantly try it out for that price. Cant go wrong with the referral bonus - Amazon E-card was emailed within 10 days of my first meal.
Agreed! Do you know how often this Amazon referral bonus happens?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)