Expired Hot Deals

[MealPal] MealPal: Pay only $1 for 1 week of MealPal (Downtown Toronto)

• Last Updated:
  • May 3rd, 2019 10:21 am
Tags:
[OP]
Sep 25, 2016
114 posts
25 upvotes

MealPal: Pay only $1 for 1 week of MealPal (Downtown Toronto)

Deal Link:
Retailer:
MealPal
Pay only $1 for 1 week of MealPal - that's 5 lunches for only 20 cents each! Your plan will last for 7 days. Meals are available on weekdays, excluding holidays.

You can cancel right after you sign up and still get the 5 lunches for $0.20 each!
Last edited by tt1688 on Mar 21st, 2019 12:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
41 replies
Feb 25, 2003
319 posts
124 upvotes
Vancouver
You can get meals at any participating restaurant in the MealPal network. To see a list and map of all participating restaurants go to https://mealpal.com/ca/#map.
MealPal lunch is currently available in Auckland, Austin, Boston, Brooklyn, Chicago, Denver, London, Los Angeles, Manchester, Melbourne, Miami, New York City, Paris, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Seattle, Sydney, Toronto, Washington, D.C., Wellington.
MealPal dinner is currently available in New York City, Brooklyn, and Singapore. Interested in dinner in your city? Let us know and we’ll be there soon!
Please update your thread title.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
5176 posts
308 upvotes
Markham
tt1688 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 12:34 pm
Has anyone tried this out yet? Are there any hidden fees?

Pay only $1 for 1 week of MealPal - that's 5 lunches for only 20 cents each! Your plan will last for 7 days. Meals are available on weekdays, excluding holidays.
thanks OP, great deal for those in Toronto

OP, does it say when deal expires? Ie: you received email today, and expires by 11:59?
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2014
4563 posts
1662 upvotes
Two carrots and a dip for $0.20.
Mar 21, 2015
78 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
did anyone try that? What happens after a week. I am guessing its a subscription service...When can the subscription cancelled?
Nov 20, 2017
715 posts
661 upvotes
Toronto
krishnasty wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 12:50 pm
did anyone try that? What happens after a week. I am guessing its a subscription service...When can the subscription cancelled?
Im assuming like most of these subscription services; just cancel before the week ends. Or is it different here?
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
1134 posts
721 upvotes
Toronto
krishnasty wrote:
It is a subscription yeah. Once the week ends, you're automatically enrolled on the 12 meals/month.

The concept of MealPal is interesting. It's rather hard to find a decent lunch for $7 working downtown. Menu looks OK too...
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11970 posts
11753 upvotes
Oakville
Not even Toronto only, it's downtown Toronto only.

What a POS website. Do you actually have to create an account with CC info just to see the menu? All I can see is the list of restaurants. I'm sure most would want to know what exactly they're getting before signing up.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
5176 posts
308 upvotes
Markham
krishnasty wrote:
I've gotten this promo before...its kind of like amazon/netflix free trial - you pay the $1, and then you can go in and ensure it does not renew automatically, but still have the service for the period that you paid for...if you dont cancel it gets automatically renewed
engineered wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 1:16 pm
Not even Toronto only, it's downtown Toronto only.

What a POS website. Do you actually have to create an account with CC info just to see the menu? All I can see is the list of restaurants. I'm sure most would want to know what exactly they're getting before signing up.
website is not very good admittedly...typically each restaurant has a different menu item each day, which is likely why no actual menus...i was on this promo last week, so some examples of daily options:

La Prep - chicken avocado wrap, chipotle chicken panini, ham and brie panini
Burger Priest - High priest; low priest with fries; fiery furnace, the token
Pusateris: 1/2 roast beef sandwich with chips, penne
Richtree; tons of options as they have something for each station...wraps, sandwiches, burgers, pizza, fried fish

Overall, if your in the downtown core, I think this is a no-brainer...also its only $1 for a full size meal (though some are small like the wraps at la prep)..so at least over 1 of the 5 days i think everyone would find soemthing that appeals to them
Nov 20, 2017
715 posts
661 upvotes
Toronto
adeel wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 1:29 pm
I've gotten this promo before...its kind of like amazon/netflix free trial - you pay the $1, and then you can go in and ensure it does not renew automatically, but still have the service for the period that you paid for...if you dont cancel it gets automatically renewed

So you can sign up, pay the $1, cancel immediately, still get the week to test and have the meals, and it wont auto renew and get charged again?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
5176 posts
308 upvotes
Markham
EananC641158 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 1:31 pm
So you can sign up, pay the $1, cancel immediately, still get the week to test and have the meals, and it wont auto renew and get charged again?
correct
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11970 posts
11753 upvotes
Oakville
adeel wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 1:29 pm

website is not very good admittedly...typically each restaurant has a different menu item each day, which is likely why no actual menus...i was on this promo last week, so some examples of daily options:

La Prep - chicken avocado wrap, chipotle chicken panini, ham and brie panini
Burger Priest - High priest; low priest with fries; fiery furnace, the token
Pusateris: 1/2 roast beef sandwich with chips, penne
Richtree; tons of options as they have something for each station...wraps, sandwiches, burgers, pizza, fried fish

Overall, if your in the downtown core, I think this is a no-brainer...also its only $1 for a full size meal (though some are small like the wraps at la prep)..so at least over 1 of the 5 days i think everyone would find soemthing that appeals to them
Still, it'd be nice if they gave you examples of what you could receive. For sure at $1 it's a no brainer, but at $7 it isn't.
Nov 15, 2007
280 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
not sure if i'm missing something or not, but i'll click the link and immediately asks to sign up or log in, and it doesn't actually explain the promo.

i've already tried out the service and have a login, assume this is for first time only? anyone get this if they've already signed up?
Mar 21, 2015
78 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
adeel wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 1:35 pm
correct
so cancelling immediately will still give me access to 5 meals for the next 5 days?
I just dont want to be charged for the next billing cycle.