Ottawa

Meat Deals in this week's flyers

Price:
$6.77
Savings:
$4
Expiry:
August 9, 2017
Loblaws has bone-in strip loin steak for $6.77/lb - Canada AAA and 2-pack pork back ribs for $4.99/lb

Farm Boy has rib steaks at $9.99/lb and St. Louis cut side ribs for $3.99/lb. Good ribs for bbq'ing!

Metro has Black Diamond cheddar cheese for $4.44 per 450g block and lamb shoulder chops for $4.44/lb. They also have pork tenderloin for $3.99/lb
Sadly, the days of $4.99 beef seem to be gone, but these are decent prices for some long weekend grilling!
64 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
6835 posts
2246 upvotes
Markham
The Loblaws striploins are $7.88 in GTA, also available at Superstore for $7.98, but it is $6.77 at Valu-Mart.

Wal-mart has AAA Rib Steak for $6.77.
The myth on the Internet is that Canadians are nice people. Those people who say this just haven't been on RFD.
Nov 26, 2008
867 posts
293 upvotes
Oakville
ispeedca wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 9:13 am
Why is loblaws not in title. Please add.
Because it is not Loblaws specific????
Jun 9, 2009
821 posts
407 upvotes
ispeedca wrote:
"this week's flyers" implies multiple stores. It would be unnecessary to put a specific store in the thread as it is not for a single store. So far I count six stores in three posts where people suggest prices. Please improve your reading comprehension before making suggestions.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
1172 posts
664 upvotes
The Superstore striploin is boneless, so it is a better deal ($/lb) compared to the bone-in striploin at Loblaws.
Also, Ontario Sobeys, starting tomorrow, will have striploin at $6.88 per pound, although the lower AA grade.
[OP]
May 30, 2005
23 posts
43 upvotes
Ottawa
ahoroba wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 9:17 am
The Superstore striploin is boneless, so it is a better deal ($/lb) compared to the bone-in striploin at Loblaws.
Also, Ontario Sobeys, starting tomorrow, will have striploin at $6.88 per pound, although the lower AA grade.
but bone-in tastes better.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
2218 posts
654 upvotes
Toronto
IMO back ribs for $5/lb or side ribs for $4/lb are not deals at all. Weren't both just cheaper yesterday?

Just looked it up, pork back ribs and tenderloin are $3 at Freshco this week.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2004
2359 posts
867 upvotes
Ottawa
ispeedca wrote:
For a senior member ... wow.

I like the idea of a weekly meat deals thread actually, good idea OP. Look - a newb with a great idea, and the senior member can't read!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
6977 posts
1039 upvotes
a catch all thread like this doesn't work very well... flyer deals for most grocery stores are not nationwide - some are not even the same just two cities over. I recall telling my coworker about a flyer deal in Food Basics - I saw for my location in Toronto, she couldn't find the deal at her store in Oshawa.
Jan 2, 2014
231 posts
46 upvotes
Konowl wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 9:55 am
I like the idea of a weekly meat deals thread actually, good idea OP. Look - a newb with a great idea, and the senior member can't read!

Weekly meat deal thread is a great idea,

Usually my gf and I go through the flyers and look specifically for meat as soon as they are online too
May 14, 2013
323 posts
234 upvotes
Edmonton
This is location specific, would be much clearer if you indicated in the subject the city/province. Afterall, not everyone on RFD is from Ontario.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
6835 posts
2246 upvotes
Markham
the11thdoctor wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 10:03 am
Weekly meat deal thread is a great idea,

Usually my gf and I go through the flyers and look specifically for meat as soon as they are online too
Try Flipp - go into the app, search "steak" and it highlights everything for you.
The myth on the Internet is that Canadians are nice people. Those people who say this just haven't been on RFD.
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
8474 posts
1403 upvotes
the walmart steak special is awesome, they had this deal on a few months ago, amazing steaks.
Mar 10, 2016
12 posts
21 upvotes
Just adding a little something on a side note for my fellow RFDers. A little education on choosing Striploin cuts as I learned the "tough" way, while capitalizing on previous sales.

When you specifically choose striploin steak, the sirloin end of the striploin that contains a half-mooned shape is a tougher cut and contains very tough connective tissue.

They are usually mixed in with the bunch on sale (especially at Walmart). Look for the half moon and avoid it, unless you don't mind a little tougher steak.

Read this article for more detailed info
Apr 30, 2004
92 posts
28 upvotes
Ottawa
Or install Flipp App on your phone and just search for what you're looking for. Loads all the flyers in your area, can search by item. Saved me flipping through all the flyers.