Mechanic in Toronto for Pre-Purchase Inspection for Used Car

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2017 4:54 pm
[OP]
Dec 19, 2016
2 posts

Mechanic in Toronto for Pre-Purchase Inspection for Used Car

Hi,

I'm looking for a used car and need a recommendation for a good mechanic that can do a pre-purchase car inspection on the car at the dealership. I know only of Rick's Repair (found out using search on this forum.) Are there any others? Close to the Toronto/Downtown area?

A lot of dealerships, won't let me take the car outside of their lot, but many of them are happy to let the mechanic inspect it there and use the hoist if needed.

Thanks.
12 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2007
11248 posts
896 upvotes
No reason to deal with any dealership if they dont allow you to perform a full inspection at a garage of your choice.
Apr 13, 2003
427 posts
166 upvotes
Scarborough
I also agree with eldiablo, I recently bought a SUV at Durham Kia. They allowed me to pickup the SUV from their dealership, take it all the way to Markham for inspection and return it same day. I had it for the whole day and they didn't have any issue with it. I ended up buying it since it was in great condition and an amazing deal. Customer service was excellent and that helped seal the deal.
Apr 16, 2017
9 posts
Riaz wrote:
Dec 20th, 2016 10:55 pm
I also agree with eldiablo, I recently bought a SUV at Durham Kia. They allowed me to pickup the SUV from their dealership, take it all the way to Markham for inspection and return it same day. I had it for the whole day and they didn't have any issue with it. I ended up buying it since it was in great condition and an amazing deal. Customer service was excellent and that helped seal the deal.
Hi, I came across your post regarding used car inspection in Markham.
Would you be willing to provide me with the place where you got the inspection from?(maybe address and phone number, or etc.)
Thank you in advance.
Apr 13, 2003
427 posts
166 upvotes
Scarborough
jungshow wrote:
Sep 1st, 2017 5:35 pm
Hi, I came across your post regarding used car inspection in Markham.
Would you be willing to provide me with the place where you got the inspection from?(maybe address and phone number, or etc.)
Thank you in advance.
Since others are asking... My mechanic has declined referrals as he is busy enough as it is.. sorry guys/gals.
Apr 13, 2003
427 posts
166 upvotes
Scarborough
booblehead wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 3:38 pm
really ? that's a new one
He doesn't want to sacrifice quality for quantity..
Nov 17, 2013
469 posts
51 upvotes
WINNIPEG
Large dealerships allow you to take vehicles to mechanics for inspection? I did not know that.
I usually see these places listing Certified Pre Owned and listing 130 things they inspected plus they have a safety attached.
What do you all do if the dealership does not allow this or say it's been inspected already?
Riaz wrote:
Dec 20th, 2016 10:55 pm
Nov 17, 2013
469 posts
51 upvotes
WINNIPEG
how long do these pre vehicle inspections take and what do they look for?
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
41602 posts
10236 upvotes
Can we go around the car with a GOPro and gymbal to document the car condition to prevent future finger pointing as to when a significant accident happened?
Feb 5, 2006
119 posts
8 upvotes
I would suggest using www.fiix.io for a pre-purchase inspection, the mechanic comes to you and does it and gives you a non-bias opinion of the car.